I feel really guilty . . .

I took a day off school today. It's half an hour into the first lesson and I feel horrible because my attendance is already really low (About 86% the last time I checked!). I took the day off because I woke up with my lower back hurting a lot more than it normally does and my upper arms still hurt from the vaccinations I had yesterday. But after I took a nap my back started to feel better.

Am I a bad person? Should I have sucked it up and gone to school? The teachers made me stay in school even when I had a mental breakdown and a panic attack . . . ugh I'm so stupid for taking a day off just because I'm in a bit of pain! Do you think my teachers will be mad at me?! I really regret this . . . I feel like I'm just making excuses. Plus, there's only this week until the end of term! I could have just held it out for those few days!

And please, don't say I'm not a bad person just to make me feel better. Please be honest!
Comments50
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you for all your help, everyone!
I used to puke all night and go to school the next morning :shrug: I don't know why anyone would want to miss school, if i did miss one day it took me three days to catch up on work. A lot of people have pain and don't miss work or school, stop making weak excuses. Suck it up and go to school, if you are in so much pain go to the doctors and fix it. 
If you're feeling bad about ditching, then yeah dude you should examine whether it was something you really needed to do.

Frankly, pain from vaccinations isn't an excuse. Lower back pain can be but if you think that not going to school - instead of talking to a physical (occupational? IDK which one handles this) therapist - is the answer, you're fucking yourself over long term.

That said, panic attacks are a different situation. Do you have a school nurse? Are you getting help for that kind of thing?
Yeah, I'm getting help with that, so don't worry :)
If you have health problems, dont feel guilty. 

I suggest you go see a doctor and have your back and health checked. 

Make sure to take paion killers BUT make sure you eat a little something before you do, It should help surpress the soreness and pain! 

And also if you go to the doctor, make sure you ask for a note for school regarding your health issue!
If you really want to make things right, rather than trying to make a statement of self pity, you can make sure that such issues don't happen again. Actions speak more than words.
Of course I would! Do you really think after all this I'd go 'hmm, let's take a day off today'?
I think not!
I think you aren't a bad person. Whether a person is bad is in no way determined by academic achievements and diligence.

I don't know what your school policies are, so I can't tell if this will hinder your schooling. I would guess not.
If you're in pain and not feeling well, it's fine to miss school and you're not a bad person for missing because of such reasons; though, I'd recommend always going if you think you could manage because, while school is lenient about attendance, work is not so lenient and it's best to get in the habit of pushing through a bit of pain when you can so you're used to it. But don't feel bad about missing because you weren't feeling that well; if you were perfectly healthy and just didn't feel like going (and were making a habit of that), then that would be a problem and something to feel bad about. So, yeah, I don't see a bad person anywhere here.
Thank you! That made me feel a lot better.
Happy to help. :)
If you're a bad person than im a really bad person xD In my senior year of Highschool i would play world of warcraft on purpose till 2am in the morning then when it was 6:30am i would "oversleep" for 3-4 hours then basically skip school and play more wow. The first time was a complete accident, but that accident made me realize that there were no consequences to blatantly skipping school one or two times >_> Thus i began to skip a day that didn't have my english class every week (or two weeks)

School would call home, mom was at work and im just sitting in the computer chair getting high on wow xD
That's an interesting way to get high xD
I always caught colds or got the flu in my school days. My attendance got low but I always felt so low in energy and couldn't focus.

Take some painkillers and just try to deal with it I guess.Shrug Emote 
It's not the best reason to take off from school, but that doesn't make you a "bad person." I would encourage you to not skip school when you don't have to, though. I don't know what you're feeling, so I can only give you small interpretations from my own point of view. 

That being said, if skipping school bothers your conscience so much, that's a pretty clear indicator that you should not have skipped. Don't worry about whether you're a bad person now and simply concentrate on doing better next time. 
I agree with Connan-Bell.
It's not such a big deal to take off from school, but I admit that I, myself, have the same problem when I skip a class. I don't like it either and I feel bad about it too.
The things is, if you feel bad about it, then try to go to class everytime you can, only skipping them when you feel really bad or you have a big reason.

But again, don't think too much about it. Teachers usually (USUALLY, unless they're some type of attendance freaks [?]) don't judge you or anything if you don't assist. Just try to make it out for them showing them that you can work hard even if you miss a class or two sometimes :)
You know, just 9 years ago I studied with a guy who had white marks on his skin. Everyone were making jokes about him, were punching him while no one was around, our classmates were even taking his shoes off during winter so he was forced to walk home wearing just his socks. It was -25 outside and lots of snow! I'm sure he was bleeding and feeling sick most of the time but still he kept his attendance high.
If you're really in physical pain and it's something serious you better study at home. Otherwise it's not a good reason to skip your lessons. It's like... not working because you have hemorrhoids...
. . . Why hemorrhoids?
Because you are in pain and you eat light food so it'll actually come out of you. But you have to sit anyway. At school/uni/work whatever. 
You're a bad person for setting fire to the gnome's village!:shakefist:

Is the arm swollen and sore?
Or just sore?
If it's just sore you should be fine.

If you have a sore back you should see someone.
Get a doctor's note too, that way you can fend off
the teachers a little bit.

Do what you can to make right with the teachers. Play the game to win.
H-How do you know it was me? You have no evidence! >_<

My left arm (I had both arms done) hurt more during the injection
and is a bit swollen. I don't think my right arm is though.

I've been to the doctor because my knees hurt (they're one of the main
reasons my attendance is so low) and he didn't give me a note, he just
said he'll wait for the school to call him. Idk how that works.

I'll do my best, I promise!