Aftermath of Top Wisdom Teeth Extraction

It went very well at the dentist! :) They took my wisdom teeth top parts out and others were right-tops are easier than bottoms! I recovered quickly and feeling chippy after hours ago I took an aspirin and 9pm vitamin c pill and in case of pain again I'll be sure to take one at midnight before bed since I took it at 6pm.

Now I need your assistance about what to do after extraction-such as what good foods are there to eat. How long before I can eat solid foods even chips, nuts, popcorn. Also how long does the extracted tooth socket take to heal over and not hole-like anymorre.

Easter is a few weeks away and I want to make sure I can eat normally before then.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have had far to many mouth surgeries >_> braces, wisdom teeth and two gum grafts ...
Start with soft foods like everyone is saying: Jell-oh, Ice cream, mash, ricotta cheese (which is like soup cheese if you like it you can heat it with water and it gets really soft) soft boiled egg (the insides only unless you think you can eat the white part), soup and pudding are all good (I would avoid rice right away since it is small pieces and can go all over - for me it did hurt/rub the area so >X< noooo)
Next step up is WHEN you feel ready (4-5 days you could try it) these are still soft foods but more variety : pasta, rice, Pollok, putting mashed up cauliflower in mashed potatoes (description of this isn't great and I don't have the recipe ;^; sorry), eggs etc.
Then you go harder and harder based on what you feel you can eat... probably will take a month or two... depends on you really and how your body heals and stuff. DEFINATLY NO POPCORN FOR A LOOONG WHILE this is the last food to come back ._.
BUT you could take a trip to the supermarket if you feel up to it and hunt specially for soft foods you feel like you can eat :D - this depends on if you feel like you can stand up for a while and feel like going outside though >w<
Good luck ~ hope it goes well for you :)
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out at once and it was horrible ;_;

My friend has his done as well but it only took him one week to fully recover.
It legit took me one month to fully recover since it varies with each person.
I pretty much only drank soup/milkshakes/water/juice for the first week otherwise i'd start bleeding again from the stinging sensation :c

Every time i tried talking, my wounds would start bleeding again and i only communicated through writing on paper to my parents on the first few days haha.
Your dentist or oral surgeon should have already gone over this with you.

Ditto on the "soft" foods like mashed potatoes and rice. You'll need something you can eat without sucking (since that can cause issues with your sockets) or chewing (which would hurt).

Since you can't brush your teeth, you'll be looking at a salt water rinse. 
grab a milkshake but eat it with a spoon. my dentist recommends that remedy every time. the first 24hrs you want to eat cold, soft food to bring the swelling down. also rinse your mouth often. water, mouth wash etc. avoid straws for at least a good 3-4 days as the suction could cause the socket to burst. solid food I was eating normally after 3 days. I would still wait a week before having popcorn, nuts and seeds again though.
3 days? When I got my wisdom teeth pulled out on September, I was told to wait a week.....Eh, guess it depends on the doctor I guess.....
Depends on the dentist but also on the individual. I was fine with most solid food as long as I brushed and rinsed my mouth religiously. again sometimes a liquid diet is not feasible. I would still avoid crackers, chips, seeds, nuts, popcorn and kernels in general for a week though.
Should probably stick with soft food, so ice cream, pudding, yogurt, soup, things like that. After eating, you should definitely rinse your mouth, and as for how long until you can eat solid food again, in about a week or so, by that time, you're gums will be healed.