How to deal with haters?

Comment hidden
Comments72
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
1) Ignore, be condescending, and don't take them seriously.
2) Troll them
3) back to 1 and repeat.
Just ignore them bothering with them just means your giving in to them
As long as you believe what you believe is write ^^
You need to step up your internet arguments. Make them amusing by outdoing the other posting in crushing insults. I for one love a good shitpost, especially if it goes on for an hour or more.
Haters are gonna hate, we all have been at the receiving end of their hurtful comments.

I think you are a very sensitive person and those trashy comments do hurt though. We can all tell you not to let it bother you, to just ignore, block delete, but that still doesn't stop us from feeling injured. 

I used to be be very much like you, comments like that would crush me, but over many years of exposure to trolls in internet games and chat rooms, I came to realize that if you reply to them, or try to make them feel bad for their hurtful comments you almost never win. They are very well adept at inflicting hurt.

It helps me to think of them as very hard, angry people who have no-one to love them. This helps me to pity them, and that helps curb the sting of their remarks. Then I block and delete. 

Hang in there, your art is wonderful, you are very talented and should be proud. 
You actually can exclude haters pretty well. It takes just your own will to shrug them off. Most haters gain their wind on the wings from their targets response. When you remove that 'care', they get bored of you and eventually leave this be. I know some would recommend you to respond with certain tag lines. I personally don't respond at all.  My time is too valuable to spend it on random things like this. Whatever you say or do is not going to turn a hater, so let them hate. Their own time and effort - no need to waste your own to it. Whatever you do in life, you are bound to meet people, who have different opinion - such is life. 
Ignore them. You're never going to meet them, especially when they're on the internet, so why should you be concerned about what they think. If they carry on running their mouths, then block them.
fuck the haters, they´re not worth your time.
I'm a fanfiction writer, an artist, and a YouTuber: I've dealt with A CRAP LOAD of haters!!

When the haters comment on my art/videos/stories, the first thing I reply with is "then why are you even here?". It's actually found that most of the time haters don't even look/watch/read enough and they just make a hate comment because they can.

Always reply with this: "If you don't like it, then why are you even here?" That will ALWAYS stump them! If they hate it, why did they even go there in the first place and make such a comment? (Why did they even CLICK ON IT is the real question!!)

It's not much advice, but I do hope it helps you, somehow! ^_^
It's the internet, it's a bit of both.

On 1 hand, you have people who just don't know how to explain anything, but only know how to express. I've seen many of these "deal with haters" talk & in those discussions tend to label these people as children or immature people.

On the other hand, they just want to pull your nerves because internet is a weird place like that.

So I check your work, they look pretty good, not a big fan of League of Legends & World of Warcraft myself but the art looks good nonetheless. Perhaps these "haters" are the fanboys of some other MMOs or MOBA? Then I guess it's a gaming thing. I don't care for these people because I prefer RTS :D

(I like the Ninja sketch & that Meow portrait)
After seeing your work- its unbelievably obvious its simply trolls looking for attention. I wouldn't even bother acknowledging them. I'm not sure if trolling would be better or worse than getting hardly any attention on my artwork at ALL though.
Ignore the haters. What they think is not important to you, and shouldn't be; focus on the good things you have going on with your art. If necessary, block them from your DeviantArt page and/or on other sites. What is important is that you keep producing art. Do not let them get to you.
Keep calm and Ignore them all.
You make great art and they're might be hating on you because they are jealous of your skills. All you can do is ignore them.   
I just tell'em to feck off. :)
Well, I don't deal with them at all. I made an exception, though. After years of putting up with their shit by ignoring them, it was time to escape them for good. But not before making things clear.
Regardless, I now have the ability to completely ignore people.
As everyone says the best thing is to ignore them, the best revenge is them seeing succeed in life, if you care about them they keep insulting if not they keep doing too, there is always awful people that want to bring down and you're stronger than that.
Sometimes its your attitude that sets people off. How do you respond to others?
Or other times it's because a person is bored and can't get their rocks off without harassing someone else.

Either way, it's just online and shouldn't be taken to heart. People like to be assholes, but these are assholes you'll never cross paths with in the real world.
You can ignore and block. I think cosplayers usually get a lot of bad comments like this. People are mean when it comes to cosplay especially if you are not professional model. This is why I stopped cosplay modeling. I only dress up to go out. Much easier. ^_^
Haters are just trying to get at you and make you feel like you're a worthless loser who can't do anything but you need to show them that you don't care what they say or think about you...you be the amazing beautiful best person that you are and don't stand down, don't let them change who you are or make you feel like you're noboby...you are somebody, somebody special and somebody who change achieve wonders 
I believe everyone has their own group of haters, it all depends on how you deal with them.
My advice is don't feed the trolls. Don't give them the time and entertainment because they're attention seekers and that's what they want you to do. Block them if you can. Hope that helps :)
We had a serious problem with this a while back on Tumblr, about the start of the new year. People were sending anonymous hate messages to people who had histories of self-harm and suicidal tendencies, trying to get them to kill themselves.
Now it sounds to me like they're attacking your art, not you personally? I would say "Just attacking your art" but I know from personal experience how much that hurts. It really, really hurts, and it does feel personal. Your art is a part of you, and it can effect your self-worth if people are particularly cruel about it. And if you let it get to you. 
I've been a Watcher of yours for a while. And I think your art is really really good! If they're attacking you because they're jealous of your skill, they're the ones with the problem. They're probably not as good as they'd like to be because they bitterly blame their own shortcomings on the innocent people who are just living their dreams, and don't try to learn from them.
During the tumblr crisis I mentioned, the strategy was to turn off your anon messages and to delete every negative message you got. And remember, you are important and people love you! Like a previous commenter said, if it's starting to get to you, spend time with the people you know love and care about you. And remember that there's all these people who love your art, and wish they could be as good as you, including me!
Aww, thanks so much, really sweet :hug: Feeling much better now, I just had to share :>
Uh, I ignore it. I don't really care much what other people think about me.
I'm an alcoholic who regularly makes an ass of himself, so if I cared much for other people's thoughts of me, I would have run and hid a long time ago.
It's my life, and if there are people in it that are negative, then I can just go find other people that aren't. There are like trillions of people on this planet, what makes any of those ants' words so much more than anyone elses?