Concerns Regarding Functionality

For a while now, concerns over my artistic skill development have been growing. I'm finding myself less and less satisfied with the things I create, and am having increased trouble coming up with ideas.

To hypothesize, I feel the harassment I've had to put up with may be attributing to this. While blocking has somewhat brought this down, the thought of their words still linger, despite efforts to disregard their hateful babbling. However, that's just me lingering about the problem.

I'd like to focus on a solution. My art style revolves around the cartooning medium. I may seek out some tutorials and whatnot but if there's any advice or whatnot y'all feel you can provide, I'd appreciate it. My art's what's keepin' me alive, and if my art feels like it's dying, as do I. Don't wanna die.
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So practice more and put in some effort, other people don't matter. Focus on your
actual work, try tutorials and step by steps and stop throwing yourself a pity party. 
You want results? work for it. 
I am. It's a case of SLAM I'm trying to dig out of. That, and I'm a tad concerned it may have something to do with the neurotransmitters in my brain being affected by certain patterns. Worried this is withering my artistic mindset. Just a theory, tho.
Don't give substance to people trying to bring you down. 
I have tutorials and I also know places you can go that may help you reclaim creativity, inspiration, and motivation:

vvolfspirit.deviantart.com/jou…

I hope this helps a little at the very least :/
If you want to increase your skills as an artist, you have to first of all stay positive and think whats the stuff that you really like, always try something different, doesn't matter if is not up your alley, practice A LOT, practice and studying real life, doesn't matter if you only do cartoon style, you WILL improve a lot and you will see it for yourself.

For the ideas, what i do is watch a lot of media, and i mean a lot; movies, cartoons, animes, music, drawings, others deviants artwork, from real life, even from structures and landscapes.
Watch very stylize and colorful cartoons or animes or stories with very weird plots.
About the harassment, don't listen them you have to ignore and stay positive Heart 
Do stories of whatever you want, when you frustrate yourself drawing, leave it and do something else, don't be afraid of expanding your comfort zone.

Be original, stay positive and follow yourself, you can do it!! :D (Big Grin) Wink/Razz 
I'd like to stay positive, but given my longtime exposure to a less than jolly life, it can prove to be quite difficult. I do like to keep my mind on things I admire, however. Cartooning being one of them.
Then captain strive forward and don't let this weigh you down