I really don't want to give up but....

I like to draw when I was a little girl, specially manga,anime. But I don't have effort strong enough to do it soon, up until now I've just started , but some people around me said that this is a meaningless work,they don't said that with me but their attitude made me feel like that,I feel like they're laughing at me when they're hearing my dream job. They don't understand why I waste my time to draw hourly, maybe they're think it's can't be have any benefit from drawing and I can't earn money from this  job.
I really hate those people, and their reflection,really stupid reflection. But I can't say anything with them, everything I can do now just silent, because truly I don't have anything from drawing work now. (I have other job in my real life but I don't really love it because I can't improve my art skills with this job)
Lucky me, I still have a lots of friends or strange people, and my dear watchers on DeviantArt, Since I was here, I can make new friends, I can talk with huge of people like drawing, like anime...like me. Thanks all of my dear...
I really don't want to give up but those people made me have a big sadness.
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
DOn't give up komori chan !! Keep it up ! always !
I gave up to this kind of people many years ago, leaving my art formation to do something more conventional, to ''fit the mool''.... and now I regret from the bottom of my heart ! I'm unhappy with what I do and I comfort myself coming here ^^ seeing people who live my dream ! 
You have a great talent and it'd be a waste if you didn't show it to the world !!! :D
Many people never understand the artists, and might never manage to! But who are they to dictate what is best?? They know nothing. We NEED people like you, and I'm sure lots of artists professional had to experience the same problems and doubts, but they didn't give up and now everybody recognize them (T.T)b
It's normal to go through this kind of moments, or feel sadness about it, I think it's even unavoidable, but if you keep making effort and do your best, you'll gain more self-confidence and show so much determination that they'll have no choice but shut their mouth.

So you don't have to take these people into account ! otherwise, you'll have lot's of regrets like me and many people, who didn't have the courage to live of their passion ....
u're so sweet, dear! thank u so much ^_^, I'll never give up my dream :)
You, keeping dreaming, not listen that people, and not leave to draw. Your work is amazing, beautiful and you love make this. I meet people what are in the same position that you, but they keep going! Have courage and enjoy what you like.
How about you give those people the finger?The pointer finger of course, and tell them you are having fun.
If you do plan on making income from art, there are ways! They got no idea....
Would you, could you do Deviantart community and, well yourself a favor?Keep on drawing. Your passion means a lot to many people, most importantly yourself!
Welcome to the first steps of being an artist. It doesn't matter if it is anime style, realism, graphic design, 3D etc. For decades artists have been labeled the poor unfortunate souls who are into drugs. Because of this the average person thinks it is an easy thing to do w/ no effect.

For example I worked on a couple of logos. The client clearly didn't know what they wanted, all they said was "I don't know something for my restaurant. You are the artist that is your job."

Since they didn't know what they want and I have no clue of what their restaurant was w/o proper research I told them I would charge them extra and it would take 5 days. They were baffled and asked why so much since I can make a logo within 20-30 minutes. I simply responded:

"Yes I can make a logo in 20 minutes. I have spent 4 years in school to figure it out. That isn't the issue. You came in here unprepared to give the proper information that takes account in making the proper icon for you. What is the general age group are you targeting for your costumers, prices of your food, being traditional vs new and different, color schemes that you use in your restaurant, and are more of elegent type or more casual. These are the ideas I need to make an appropriate logo that you will like. Since you didn't I need to do research, you are using my time and for that it will cost extra. If you don't like it, you may leave and good luck in finding an artist who are willing to do for nothing and their own hours when you clearly are not sure what you want yourselves."

They were upset, but at the same time they realized the time and patience it takes to do proper art work, business or personal. Once people understand the work flow of your art work they slowly realize it is the same amount of work or more so than any other interest people have.

I kind of trailed off, but my point being is, yeah it is annoying, I hear it from my family itself "You became a failure/wasted time in college, Why weren't a software engineer you were good at it". But if you can do something you enjoy, ignore what everyone says. The only way you could prove them wrong is following your dream. It may be hard, and there are times where you are depressed to the point where you lose motivation, but if you truly enjoy it you will figure out how to make it work for you.
One thing I learned in my (rather short) life is that efforts will always pay off.
If you have fun drawing then that's what you should do. I really don't understand people who laugh or make fun of other peoples dreams, if it is that impossible to draw as a job then why are there so many people who earn money by drawing? I usually think such people are a little bit jealous of either your talent or of the dream you have....
Just don't listen to them and do what you want to do :3
Don't ever give up on your dreams. You deserve to dream them and to achieve them. When people are jealous they become so nasty and plain rude. Don't let them bother you, your artwork is beautiful and you should be proud it. You may not have your dream job yet but it doesn't mean it won't happen. Like the saying goes, "Good things will happen to those who wait." and I believe you're one of them. :)
I seriously don't understand people that think art is a hobby. Who do they think make the icons on their favorite brands? Who do they think make the pretty posters that hang from bus stop windows? Maybe it's cause my mom has always supported me in my decision to be an animator, but I just don't understand HOW someone could put you down for enjoying what you do. I don't get it
You know what, this pisses me off. They should let you chase after your dream. It's your life. Your happiness. family, friends, who the fuck ever they are, they have no right to deny and mock you for doing what makes you happy. Just do what makes you happy.   I understand your sadness here. I've been told my "skills" of art and martial arts will be ultimately useless to make money...pfff... I said screw them, art is how I even express myself. It makes me happy. It makes my friends happy too because they love art just as much. Don't give up. no need to be sad either, because one day, your passions for the arts will take you somewhere and you can rub it in their face.  Stay strong.
I get told the same thing. But if you think about it everything is pointless. So why not enjoy the pointlessness? If you make one person happy then it was worth it!
Being an artist is certainly not worthless, it actually can make you a lot of money just for doing good drawings and paintings, just don't knock the paint tub over :nuu:
Being an artist definitely isn't a worthless job at all, if it's something that you want to be then don't give up on it! <3 their opinions do not matter~
Throughout my life, I had to listen to people put me down and tell me what I could/couldn't do regarding what made me happy: art.
These people now always ask me to draw for them, these same people who said my skill was useless and that I'd never need it.
Give it some time, you'll show them. ;)
I get my motivation from my friends and followers here at deviantArt. 
Everytime I am favourited or watched it makes me want to do more work.
Please would you do me a picture of Kaine from "Nier" in your own style, I run her group here :iconkainefanclub:
Your nice, pretty and I like you :hug:
It's hard and really obnoxious, but you have to try and realize most people don't understand that 1) art is a learned skill, you're not just doing something magic by instinct 2) art is a viable career (albeit a hard one to succeed at without a ton of passion to drive you through all the crap you have to deal with to make a living).

I think you need to read this article, too: The fine art of NOT GIVING A F*CK 

Living your life based on what other people say (or you think they are thinking) is a really good way to be super unhappy. They're not you, they aren't in charge of your life. Screw them, do what you want, if they don't want to look at your stuff just stop showing it to them.  
be a stronger girl,don't believe in thoose people,you don't have to be sad :hug:
This type of people we can not tolerate, can not tell them what you need to do! (>.<)
Sometimes we think this type of people are envious, because you have one more quality. An artistic quality. Art can elevate a person. 
Though now you do another job, you have to do your best when you have some free time. The important thing is not to stop.
Here on DeviantArt  you can learn a lot and share your ideas.
Now also we are here with you, whatever you need we can talk together. :hug: :hug:
Never stop dreaming. My dad always tells me be a leader not a follower! Im a 11 year old, I still got a LONG ways to go to actually get my art discovered. Dreams ALWAYS come true! :)
i think non-artists don't understand why artists spend so much time on their art. it is hard for a non-artist to understand. maybe the next time those people make you feel bad, just explain to them why you became interested in art and what your detailed plans are to get a job in art.
I feel exactly the same way as you, except for one thing: you have friends and a lot of people who support you, I have a few people in my life and except 1 or 2, the rest doesn't like me and my art. Even my boyfriend sometimes tells me real painfull things like "be realistic, you are not gonna be an artist, just do it as a hobbie like a lot of people does" or "well digital art is easier than traditional, that's why you are 1 month in this and do apparently decent things". 

I am not here to complain about this issue, I say this because I keep doing it! Sometimes I am like more sensitive to this things or well, simply I have the period xD and this stuff hurts more, but meh, they are jealous of you, believe me, in your case it's true xD you do cool stuff in 6 months, unvelievable because a lot of people simply cannot do what you are doing in that time. And it's not easy, it's hard and it costs a lot of effort, so jealous people but also lazy ones, they cannot have the strength to believe in their possibilities and never surrender, like you or me, we are not gonna surrender and we are going to keep drawing and doing what we love. So asdfghj don't say you are gonna give up or I will go there and punch you in the face (with care, of course)!! Nyyaaa!!! Hug Heart You are very talented. 

You must see what other artists did when they started to draw (the draw it again), it's very inspirational. It's a very good way to realize why patience and hard work it's the answer to the "how on earth did you do that??" people ask when they see Stanley Lau's works, for example. Stanley artgerm Lau is a very strong inspiration for me and an stunning artist and person. 

^^
hey, i've seen what you draw, and it's pretty good. From what i've seen on your account, you put alot of efort into your art, that shows persistance, the kind of persistance that makes the difference between a good artist and a GREAT artist. So those jackasses who say your not good enough don't know what their talking about. I'm sure if you put a good chunk of time out of your freetime to this, you will be fine.
I know it is hard, but let me tell you something about life that may help you in a big way:
Nobody will ever be able to tell you what will make you happy.
If art makes you happy and you want to give your lifetime to it, do it! Yes, it is hard to be an artist, really, but you'll enjoy it, right? Is out there a really easy job after all?
If you choose what you want to work as, you'll never work, you'll enjoy, and you won't get as stressed or depressed as if you were working just for money.
Don't you ever give up your happyness, we don't know if there'll be a second chance!
Beautiful work!!! You are very talented with anime and the way it looks, you will get your dream job, keep working to reach that goal!!! Thank you for adding me to your watch list!!
Never give up!