I quit

Today is a good day to start drinking, I think.

I'm just so damn tired anymore. I can't be bothered to care. I feel like I'm always two steps away from just falling apart. And no one is going to care, because I don't. I can't care about them, and so they won't care about me. It's only fair. I'm not stupid enough to expect otherwise.

Medicine sounds too good right now. Also, I get the feeling that I'm not screwed up enough to even qualify. Even if I was, I probably shouldn't be in charge of them.

Counselors are a joke, and I predicted exactly what the Samaritans were going to say. Not their fault, of course. They're only allowed to give generic advice, and give generic statements of support. You're one in thousands for that day, if not more. They don't know you. That's what I tell myself, because I can't help it. I'm not blind, and I can't lie to myself.

I'm kinda beyond help. Can't help those who won't help themselves, right?

I guess I'm just ranting.
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Drinking is a good way to stop caring about your problems until it stops working, and then you just have one more problem. 
There is never a good day to start drinking. Just because you feel like you are falling apart doesn't mean that you are. 

Take it from me, don't overdose on any medicine...ever. It is very painful and won't kill you. It makes you go through so much pain that you beg for relief but it does not come.

I have gone through shit all my life and I am still here. Stronger than before. I beg that you do the same.

Although its true that people who don't want help can never get it, I still try. I help whenever I can.

Listen, if you ever need help, my door is open. Simply send me a note and I will be more than happy to talk to you.
D'aww. Thank you muchly.

And I read all of that in Goku's voice. It made me smile. Grin revamp 
Goku is always cheerful. Just remember that I am here to help
Man, Your words ferment meat without the need for oxygen.
i need to say this was the best piece of comment i saw for a time
Are...are you saying I have stinky breath? Le Gasp 
No, ur words are being stinky.
Well, they are made of onions and limburger.
Well Onions are good.
Here's what you do. 

Grab a tall cup of cold water, something to keep some noise going in your room, and some alone time.

Sit down in the corner, drink some water, and think. Not about people, or about anything else, just about something you're confused about. Or something you'd like to think about.

'What if the world was glazed donuts' and other silly questions are a good place to start, especially if you're as young as you seem to be.

Finish your water, lie back in bed, and fall asleep thinking about it more. 

Choose another topic the next day. Rinse and repeat.
Vegging out to some wacky YouTubers helps, too. Laughter is great medicine. It's just...gathering the motivation to reach the comedy in the first place that's hard, sometimes.

Also doesn't help when you're at work and can't do that. And then have people commanding you to smile and be peppy. Kinda makes you want to kick someone in the face.
Do what we do.

Take note of all the terrible things you think about, and when you get home you should draw pictures of that. Even stick figures will do.
Failing that, you can write about these things happening. 

Regardless, watching it go down like you imagined it is kinda empowering, but at the same time very revealing about yourself. You'll learn very quickly that giving someone the lam is not the way to do it.

(You can also try the 'Fake-it-till-you-make-it approach, but that didn't work for me)
I know the feeling :/

Bad I know but I tend to crave alcohol when depressed or stress but course they say oh it will make depression worst. Yeah, depends on my mood I can get giddy and super confident, or I get really depressed and hate myself even more than I do now. :/

Yeah I haven't found a lot of counselors that helped me, I think I been to in my life time, six counselors? Or seven? Only *one* helped.
Weird thing is, I've never drunk alcohol before. :o_o: 
weird :O

It does feel nice when you get buzzed, your head feels soft :la:
I've felt this way before. Depending on your age and situation, take like a week off maybe. Try to get your life back together. Talk to someone who DOES know you. A friend, or even maybe someone online (I guess you already did that). Your life will get better.

I just got a cat. She's in terrible shape. Flea-bitten, hungry, stray. Since she was noticed by my family's friend, she is now living with us. We will make sure she is safe and happy.

My point is, if you work at it, eventually someone will adopt you. But it takes effort and persistence. 
Finally someone calls out on counsellor bs. All the times I called for help, people told me "get a counsellor". Well, alright, so I went, but almost every single one of them gave said generic advice and most likely thought is was the absolute cure or something. Maybe they genuinely want to help but it's like I'm just wasting their time and my effort trying to talk. That's why quiet people are quiet for a reason, right?
lol yeah only 1 out of 6 ever helped me. Others just sat there, nodded their head and saw a few words, etc. Like, really? I want more than just a few words -_-
Especially those who counsel for free.... school counsellors....