Infatuation, lust and stupidity are messing with my mind.

I met someone (moderately famous, but not too much) for a very brief time, and we had a moment between us. I will most probably never see him again, unless I go out of my way (he lives in a different continent). 

I'm not delusional or at least I hope I'm not. I know what fame does to people and I don't really want to try and date that person - he is unfaithful to the core, gets different women every day, etc. But I want to see him again, be noticed, talk. I feel like a schoolgirl in love with a movie star, it's so pathetic :/

Any tips what I can do to get this out of my system? 
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Then... talk? Why not?
And if he isn't together with anyone, he isn't doing anything wrong with having lots of women so... you don't need to judge him for that.

But if he is too far away for you to reach at all then... Then just enjoy the moment you had with him, in your heart. There will be other moments like that in your life. In your future.
Get your mind on something else. Think of how silly it makes you feel.
"Any tips what I can do to get this out of my system?"

Write the experience down as something pleasant - basically write it out of your system. Then focus on something else that'll take a lot of your attention for the next little bit. Maybe a new creative project or some yard work.
That's a very cool idea! Thank you :)
Though I can't say I'm an expert of interacting with celebrities (or people in general), if you really enjoy their company, and what little attention they can offer you, I think it wouldn't hurt to strike up conversation from time to time. 

I had an actual schoolgirl crush (terrible thing, that was) many years back. Similar situation, and I would watch as the guy whisked away a different girl every week, but never offered me even an occasional greeting. 
Not sure how much it applies to your situation, but eventually, in my situation, I worked on shutting down whatever remotely romantic or obsessive feelings I might have had for a while, and somehow, found other people to put my attention and affections towards. I never see the guy in person anymore, though we can still comfortably chat online from time to time. 

Admittedly, you might not be able to fully forget the whole infatuation thing (I confess I never did completely, either), but give it time and consciously turn away from the obsession part of it; hopefully, probably, it'll leave your system. 
Best of luck!
Thank you, this story was very helpful :) I will try.
Not knowing what made this guy famous makes it a little tough to give you specific advice, but I'll give the general angle a go.

If this guy is an actor, avoid watching anything he's in for a little while. If he's a YouTube star, don't watch anything from his channel for a bit. And if he frequents any forums you're active on, it's probably time to give those forums a break. If he's a musician, do what you can to avoid listening to any of his music for a while. If he's an author or artist and you own any copies of his work, tuck them somewhere out of sight like under your bed or in the back of your closet. If you have any posters or pictures of the guy up in your room, take 'em down and tuck them away with the books. If you're following him on any social media platforms, or any social media accounts featuring/about him, I highly recommend unfollowing all of those accounts for a bit. You can always go back and follow them again later when you've gotten over your infatuation with this guy.

Once you've gotten rid of any daily reminders you might have of his existence, find things to do that'll keep your mind off of him. Read books by other authors. See if you can discover an awesome new musician/band. Find a new TV series to get into, or re-watch an old favorite (as long as he's not in it). Help your folks get the house (and the food) ready for the upcoming holidays. Whatever it is you do to keep your mind elsewise occupied, after a few weeks I wager you'll have gotten over your infatuation. :)
Very helpful advice, thanks! Although one of the hardest things is convincing myself not to do any of those stuff. But yes, keeping myself occupied prevents my mind from wandering too much.
You're welcome. :)

The toughest part will be the first couple days. But if you can make it through those first couple days of cutting out as many reminders of him as possible without doing any of those things, it should only get easier after that. :D
So you want to be his friend. That's not weird at all. Can you contact him online?
I can, but he doesn't really like to talk - too busy or too many messages from other people. Usually resorts to "hey" and "thanx"...
I have a feeling this is somebody on YouTube that you're talking about.

Plus, if you do try to find him again, it'll just turn out like every love story out there: TERRIBLE. :stare:

So I suggest keeping yourself locked up and never to go out because you can't see this person ever again. Oh, and I'd order Netflix to keep you company. I just wouldn't watch The Notebook or the Titanic cause you know...well nevermind. 

But seriously, there's no point fantasising about people you can never see. It's pointless and get's you in a rut. Move on and find someone else less famous to talk to.
Hahaha I definitely wouldn't want to be in a love story with that guy. This life must suck. I just want to meet him again :(
Sorry, that's really the only few celebrates that I know that fit into the description that you described, despite he's supposed to be an arse. :giggle: 
... is that a tampon on your profile pic? LOL

Other than that, I've never understood the thing with Brand. He's famous for being famous?
Yup. If it makes people laugh, then I'm doing something right for once. :dummy:

He works for the BBC, has been involved in radio programmes, marrying and divorcing Katie Perry and a few shitty movies like St. Trinians. 
I HAVE to know who this guy is.
Haha don't worry, he's famous in a very specific tight circle. Nothing major, although he does get enough chicks to last him a lifetime :P
So who is he? :iconiseewhatyoudidthere:

And can he teach me how to get chicks?
Not telling, lol, but I can teach you how to get chicks - not hard at all, just needs patience and a bit of reverse psychology :lol:
So I tell them they don't want to date me, and that makes them want to date me? :noes:
Hahaha in a way! If you say "Oh, you wouldn't want to date me, I'm all kinds of trouble" them ladies would be swooning over your stoic mysteriousness :P
View all replies