A quest for an answer

I do not know if i am slowly becoming insane or if i just have a very very VERY big imagination

Everyone dreams, everyone experienced dreams more real than reality that leaves behind them a doubt of one's own existence. Sometimes we see things and feel things in our dreams that most people would describe as the expression of one's subconscient; however, sometimes it is more than that.

I know this is going to be taken by a lot of people with scepticism but on the off chance someone knows what i'm talking about and on the even slimer chance someone knows about what i'm about to describe i must do this because i need to know for my own sanity.

Before i start let me say this, people that don't beleive in mystical legends and powers handed down from generation to generation please pass your way, if you stay to read a good story and make fun please keep your comments to yourself i do not need anyone making fun about things that work me over. If you want a study case for your psychology thesis well i'll let you be the judge of my mental health and if like me you beleive in unexplained weird stuff or even have an interest in the supernatural well you are welcome to read on.

So let's start from the beginning and explain why i think what i saw is more than a dream. My familly originates from the part of the word beleived to have nurtured the first civilisation the Sumerians and slowly migrated toward Turky before Europe in the past 5 generations. For as long as I can remember i have been aware that we are what normal people would call "hyper-sensitive". Hyper-sensitive means that we can feel things not usualy there and are more opened to non scientificaly explained events. My great grand mother could read the future into a cup of coffee and hand palms, my grand-mother could predict the slightest change in wheater, my mother can feel presences around her of people long gone and on my side i experienced all these at several points of my life and somehow these abilities come and go depending of my moods and the places i'm at.

The ones that somehow tend to come back more often are the weather prediction and premonitory dreams. Somehow when sundown comes, my eyes change colors depending on what weather it will be the next day and i had more premonitory dreams than i can count on all appendices of mine. Right before those dream come true i have a flashback and i know what is about to happen, the only thing is that i do not hear a sound when i have those dreams a bit like if i was deaf and when it happens my hearing kind of blocks out so yeah a lot of people say deja vu but i can not accept that when i have a vivid memory of the dream i had and i see it once more before it happens.

Lately i have been having more and more vivid dreams but the one i had few days ago keeps working me over and i never had this feeling before. I mean plenty of times i had dream more real than reality but it never felt that real, it never felt so physical it never felt so important and more than anything it never happened that such dream made me beleive it revealed something important.

Unfortunately i can not remember how it went properly, all i have are flashes so here goes my dream i wish you a very warm and weird welcome in the inside of my brain.

The first thing i remember is that i am seeing this through the eyes of someone who isn't me. The way my body holds itself is not usual, it belongs to a man that is fit and in the prime of his age, we share similarities like the rough beard the mid long hair and the blue eyes, however he looks like a nordic type of man, closest to viking or celtic type of people with very dark hair, the feel of the era leads me to beleive it is medieval. I am in a massive stone building lit with torches and i can tell i am getting maried but i don't know to who as i can never see her face. i see a banquet, feel joy and laughter all around.

It fast forwards to a bedroom where i am asleep with my wife and am woken up by a strange noise, i walk down stairs to stumble upon 3 men rampaging in what looks like a massive dining room with rough wooden tables and chairs. A strugle comes around and then it flashes once more. I now find myself seated with 2 out of the 3 men i saw earlier. one is seating on my right and the other in front of him, they look roughed up but i can't make out their faces. The feeling they give me is about guilt. On the table i see plates with large slabs of cooked meat, cups made out of wood and horns, lit candles and a weird square shaped box (that box is the thing that is driving me insane and that i need to find out) in addition to that few peices of jewelry made out of gold and gemstones but some of the gemstones were removed, this jewelry gave me the feel of belonging to my familly for generations and they were a present to my wife. I know I am talking to them and trying to get some answers out but i can not hear what i am saying all i can hear are whispers. I grab a peice of meat with and lay it in front of me on the table itself. as i do that the man seating on my right tries to reach out for the box but i grab his hand and slam it violently on the wooden table. As i'm holding his hand down on the table, a bright red circle bigger than our hands appears on the table and burns his hand while mine doesn't even get a scratch and disapears as soon as i let go of his hand and that he removes it from the table. none of us seems to be surprised by this happening almost as if we all knew i could make something like that happen. I keep questioning him and at the same time i look at that box and stare at it for a while as if it cast a spell on me pushing me to focus on it and then i blank out. I woke up sweating with this last image of the box in my head.

Now for the "box" let me describe it. First of all it isn't a box, it's feels like a square shaped or circular peice of stone about 5 centimeters high and seemed to be made of a dark type of marble or some very smooth slick and somehow shiny stone. on the top of it was engraved a circle with some type of runes but i can not remember what they look like. In the circle there were 4 oval grooves about 2 to 3 cm long placed in a cross like shape along the diagonals of the square. If you trace the diagonals of it and take the center point there is one groove per diagonal going from the center point to where the diagonal conects with the carved circle. The two tops grooves had 2 blue precious gems in them and one of the botom groove had a red gem while the last groove was empty. The stones looked almost like colored diamonds. The red one was of a burgundy red while the blue were of a beutifull dark blue color.

I do not know why but this artifact seemed so real, it feels like i already saw it somewhere, i'm convinced i held it i can even remember its weight and the cold feeling that came from the stone. I can feel i have been mesmerized by the beauty of the stones and that i had it in my possesion for so long but i can not tell what it is or what it does. I have this recuring feeling it is real and it is something of importance but seems to be a mythical object. I have been looking to find clues about it and confrim this feeling or to let it go as it's proven by a lack of info that it was just one of my crazy dreams. I've been finding answers for a lot of mythical gemstones but all those legends and myths are about one gem and not about 4 held together in what felt to be like a  squared shaped or circular shaped dark stone.

So i'm asking for your help to you people of the world of all different cultures if you heard of some legend or artifact that talks about something that sounds like what i just described because this feeling doesn't leave me and i keep thinking about it. If you know of anything close or similar to what i'm talking about please let me know.

I thank you all for the time you took into reading my "drama queen" monologue about what i saw and how it made me feel but this is something that is important to me, i need to know about it even if it just goes to show me that my loneliness is slowly driving me insane.
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh! Curvy! Curvy, Curvy, Curvy! I don't believe it! You see, everytime I told one of my friends what I'm about to tell, they would laugh at me, but now I see that my case is not the only one! 
My grandmother (a very sweet and kind woman), for as long as I can remember, has been holding some sort of strange ... Um.. I don't want to call it "power".. Let's call it "phenomenon". So, this "phenomenon" has two sides. First, she has alaways been able to tell the weather (which is not all that weird, lots of people have learned to "read" the sky, clouds, etc). However! The weird part is that everytime she sees someone in her sleep, in a dream, we would always learn after a couple of days that something has happened to that certain someone she had seen! And it's happened sooo many times, I've lost count! There's also more to it than just this, but if you want to know, note me. ;) 
Following her, my mother has started showing tehe same sort of "phenomenon" the past few years. It's been four times already that she had seen someone in her sleep, and then something bad had happened to them. It's so weird and awesome! XD I mean, isn't it cool, to be able to have a "phenomenon", an ability or even a power like that!Sometimes it makes me wonder if I'll obtain it as well, someday! 
Oh, and no, I have no idea about that stone.
Do you have a beard? O.o (random people be random XD)
My young friend i do understand how you feel about people when you try to explain these things, most people don't understand how it is and don't believe. Thing is these "phenomenons" have been going on arround people all around the world for as long as mankind can remember and have been handed down from generations to generations. What is important is for those who have it and know about not to doubt themselves and appreciate this gift. Don't rush it if you have it, it will come to you on its own but beware, sometimes it can be a burden. As for the beard yes indeed i have one unfortunately i can't let it grow as i want as i have to be "presentbale" for my work ;)
Draw it. That's much more effective way to see if someone knows it.
It is all in your mind. Sounds pretty much like any other standard dream about struggling with one thing or another and making choices.

For example, it could be about the choice of following or not following your cultural traditions. It could be something completely else.
Dreams can be interpreted in so many, many ways. I'll start with my objective opinion: It's just a dream and at some point in your life you were exposed to everything you saw and felt. Your mind cannot comprehend what it has never been exposed to. It's nothing more than your mind trying to put memories and emotions together, and it's really good at it. But it has no special meaning.

Now here's my subjective opinion: I have had these types of dreams, too. Dreams that feel so real. Dreams where you feel everything. I've had repeat dreams that I can't fully explain. I suffer from deja vu quite often.

Ultimately, the interpretation is up to you. If you're worried about "going crazy", you probably have nothing to worry about. Probably. Sometimes, though, those dreams and feelings can bleed into your life and affect your thinking and decisions. There are things called "ideas of reference" and "ideas of gradiosity", which means you begin to think that your dreams and waking life events have a special meaning only to you. You feel as if you are special, or "the chosen one." You start making daily decisions based on your delusions. Maybe you can't go outside today because in the dream you had last night you experienced a horrible car crash. Or perhaps you have repeated dreams where you do something violent, and you believe that is your mission, so you go buy a gun....

If at any point you ever become seriously confused, I suggest talking to your doctor as soon as possible. If you ever feel suicidal or homicidal, go to the emergency room or call 911 immediately.
Thankfully enough i don't run my life based on my dreams otherwise this earth would cary one very very crazy person XD And gladly or sadly enough my ego isn't to the point of thinking i'm grandiose i'm just a normal guy and thankfully i'm over my depression and don't feel suicidal or homicidal, so we'll say i'm about sane for the moment ;)

thank you for both opinions and your description. it comforts me in thinking i'm not going nuts, now i just have to find out what it is that is working me so damn hard for the first time in my life,

thank you once more for the help
First of all, I have the same ability to sense the energy of places/spirits, so I understand what your feeling with that. Although I've heard of or seen the thing you described. You also said that both you and your mom have the ability feel people who have long since pasted, perhaps one of those spirits is trying to tell you something with your dream? The box could have something to do with why he's trapped on earth or was precious to him in life and now hes trying to seek it out in death.  It wasn't uncommon for runes to be caved into stone, so maybe try researching old Nordic runes and their meanings. 
thank you for replying, i will look into the nordic runes and extend the search to celtic as well you never know. When you say you've heard of or seen what i describe did you mean the box or the abilities ?

these abbilities we have can sometimes be tricky if not accepted and understood i'm glad i'm not the only one feeling those things
You're welcome, both have a long history so I wish you luck in your search (I've delved into celtic history a few times while researching my genealogy). And sorry about that, I meant to say I've never heard of or seen it and I was referring to the box. These abilities can be tricky, mine used to freak me out when I was younger and didn't understand it.
thank you i will need it ;) no worries for the misunderstanding. Yeah at first it freaked me out as well but somehow sometimes it comforted me, you know the warm feeling of protection when nothing is around you and you feel a familiar hand on your shoulder or on your back.

We'll see how thing goes with time
Sometimes a dream is just a dream. Wanting something to be real doesn't make it real.
i agree with you and i know dreams are just dreams but how do you tell what is dream and what is reality when the two overlap and confuses you all the way down to how you feel things ?

i mean it's like taking a peice of paper and folding it into two (right side is the dream and left is the reality), if the folded part of the paper (the instinct that diferentiate dreams from reality) disapears how do you diferentiate which one is the left or right part ?

I know it was a dream but yet it struck me as reality a bit like an out of body experience or what some people call a stellar projection... I must be going coocoo XD
It's funny, after reading your thread I remembered that when I was young, I could float down hallways or staircases. I couldn't do it if I thought about it, but it just happened and when I touched the ground again I would realize I had gone a long time without walking. When I was a kid, I believed so strongly that I could fly. But I was told it was just a dream, and I gradually forgot how it worked.

As adults, we know the difference between dream and reality because reality tells us what it's about. We know humans can't fly, so even though it felt real, it must not have been. And we know dreams are just dreams, so we dismiss those night visions as nothing important.

I guess the question for you then, is which way you want to go. Believe in a dream that may be just a dream, or believe it's just a dream when it might not be. I don't think you're crazy for either one, though other people will.

My guess though, is your object doesn't exist in a place where anyone will have heard of it.
that floating feeling i can relate to that as well and just like you in childhood as well, where are our red capes and blue tights ???
Ever had the impression when you are underwater and run out of air that when you open your mouth to breathe instead of drowning your take a big fresh breath of air ?

Have you ever heard of the anthology of the cave ? It's a phylosophical concept about our perception of reality i think you would like it if you heven't come across it yet.

Yeah i know i have to make a choice and i will have to in order to move on, time will bring a helpfull hand to my decision and once more redefine the frontier between dream and reality.

Thank you for understanding and being honest with me i highly appreciate and will meditate on your words.
The underwater one is very familiar to me.  I've been having those types of dreams on and off for about two years now.