I'm a freak

Hi...

I have a lot of trouble making friends. I'm very quiet and shy. The kids in my school don't have the same interests and call me the 'dork'. I have a few guy friends that are the best but I need other friends then just them. The girls I hang out with are like me. I feel really odd hanging with them but the boys I feel comfortable.

I just don't know what to do...
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Standing out in a bad way is a bad idea. It is not socially acceptable, so don't do that. Be a freak in situations where you are not judged.

I don't really know how you act with others, but with social skills you can emerge victorious from such a situation. You can practice those skills by using them. I can talk with you if you want to.
Embrace the freakness.
Enjoy the freakness.
Being a freak is the right thing to do.

Hm.. nvm, that didn't sound as cool as I hoped it would. It works sometimes, but more often, it doesn't. But sometimes it does.

Thing is, people at your school are around your age, but (if I got it right) have different interests. At a place where people have the same interests, most of them would have a different age, or something else that would be different. Whatever group you hang out with, there's always something that will be different, which sends back to where I started this message. And usually there is a group somewhere where people will have that one thing you choose in common. But that group isn't always nearby, the internet made quite a big job there.

On a semi-unrelated note, science-y person here too o/

On a more relevant note, real friends usually are fine with the fact that you're quiet and shy.
thanks for the advice
High school is pretty much the same: A bunch of kids trying to get a place in the social ladder, it gets better after that, and believe me, I liked more the so called dorks and nerds, they were funnier, smarter and less void than the others.
I think I know how you feel. Theres nothing wring with being shy or quiet, and you shouldn't change yourself to make friends. Maybe you could try to talk to more people, who seem nice, but I know that can be difficult if you are shy. I can't give you any more advise, because I don't have a lot close friends either. 
Oh, don't worry, I was the same way (still am) treasure the friends you do have, ok?
I use to be just like you. Last year I had about three freinds, but i didn't have any classes with them, so I would go days without talking to anybody. I was so afraid of talking to girls that I had a panic attack the one time i tried to force myself to.

my advice is to get into a group of people you have something in common with. I started hanging out with other people who like art and have a similar sense of humor to me. when your around a bunch of people that all support you, you will be more confident. After a while you will start to feel the same confidence even when your not with them, and you will be happier.

I hope this helps
The friends you are closer to, are the most valuable. Those are the ones that care more for you, ignore those who despise you. 
I'm the exact same way! I don't have very many friends (besides my gay BFF Kyle). Plus I don't really like hanging out with boys besides Kyle, my brother, and my cousins. There's also the fact that I'm Transgender
my friend is gay but he doesn't admit it.

Your special and different because your transgender.

If that makes you happier :)
Gay people are usually on the fun side. My friend laughs and jokes all the time and it makes me happy. 
And it makes me very happy to be who I'd like to be :)
No ones a freak. It's just a title given to people who love to point out flaws and don't know their own
I couldn't agree more lol We all are a bit abnormal, isn't that what makes us all unique? :iconfluttershyyayplz:
100% true. Sadly popular people who think they're the bees kneesand don't  think they have any flaws but gladly point out other people's. I can't tell you how many times I go to school and if I use the bathroom I get made fun of
View all replies
I'm a guy and I had the same problem. Sadly there's nothing you can do anything about it unless you really want to change yourself and focus on that, but then again and a lot of people of your age doesn't have the guts to do that.

Take care and don't get sad over that,
Aw, please don't be so sad :( I know how you feel, being a very shy and quiet person myself, I have for sure experienced it. You're not a freak, even if you think you are, you're not. You're just as worthy as the others. Don't let yourself down just because some kids calls you a dork. I know this is hard, but try to not let it happen.
Hope it gets better :hug:
Don't let other kids bring you down. Don't try to be like everyone else. Be yourself.
I know exactly how you feel.  I'm 22 years old and I'm still very quiet and shy. Plus, I don't even have any friends at all.

I can also understand how difficult it is to make friends, especially when other kids start calling you names.

My advice: Just be yourself, be proud of who you are, and don't let what other people say get the better or you because you know who you are and they don't.

I hope this helps out.
Have confidence in yourself.
You sound okay to me. You don't have to have female friends. If you're okay with the ones you have, that's cool.

If you were really shy and weird you'd have no friends at all... Like me! I am a dummy! 

I'm sad now...  Abandonement 
But really, stick with the people you genuinely like and who like you for who you are.
^-^ nice advice

don't be sad though