School Stress because of terrible school faculty D:<

So basically my school's counsellor decided to start overreacting and make me feel bad just because I took offense when my teachers told me I was off task when I totally was on task. She told me everyone was "worried about me" and all that shitty crap, then started asking me questions about my personal life, and it was so blatantly obvious that she though that I had a dysfunctional family. That's not only insulting to me, but my family too. Not only that, she's also telling me that if things "get worse" she's gonna "contact" my parents. I'm the type of person that does not want to talk about their life to their family, and she's gonna tell my family all sorts of false bad things about me and practically seal my death warrant. She's motherfucking overreacting. I hate her and she's just being a drama queen and trying to look smart by "helping" me, when she's doing the complete opposite. Not even tests can top the stress I'm getting from her. Not only that, I'm a naturally sensitive person so I cry easily, plus I have mood swings, because I'm a fucking TEENAGER with HORMONES and she's treating me like A LITTLE KID. I hate her, and she was looking at me in such a disgusting mix of pity and smugness I swear I had to withhold myself from strangling her, wringing her throat, and stabbing her a million times. She's stressing me out, and I don't talk about my feelings to adults either, because I don't feel comfortable. So basically I'm too much of a coward to explain all this to her. I'm so stressed out and crying, if there's any way anyone can help me, please do. :crying:
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
She's being kind. Understand this. She's not trying to hurt you. She's trying to be kind.

Now, human beings are very different, so it's completely possible that someone's kindness might actually become a plague to someone else. This happens. But she's not doing this out of any malicious thoughts.

Also, if she guesses that you might have a dysfunctional family, I can't see how that insults anyone. Like, if I think: "Hmm, that persons father sure sounds depressed" am I insulting him? No, I don't think so. I don't think that having a guess or opinion is any form of an insult. Why does it feel like one to you?

Now, I cannot possible see another solution to this than the obvious one. Really.
If she has an opinion about you that you don't agree on, how on earth are you going to change that if you refuse to talk? She can't read your mind.

She's just as much a stranger to you that I am, is she not? What prevents you from telling her these things?
This sounds like a classic example of someone wanting to swell their ego by "helping" someone else.  Basically, a busybody.  Even if this person is the counselor, they are waaay overstepping their bounds by telling you that in front of other people.

If you wanted to be somewhat mean, you could tell the counselor or principal that you feel harassed by her.  Judging by your description, you ARE actually being harassed.

Personally, I don't trust any counselors as far as I can throw them.  They have absolutely no stake in actually helping you and most of them are arrogant and firmly convinced that they are better than the lowly student.

As for crying, I've haven't found any way to stop/prevent it, but I have discovered it is impossible to cry while looking up without moving your head.  The only problem is, of course, that you look like you are rolling your eyes.
Thank you so much for the advice. 
You're very welcome.  I am happy to help anyone afflicted with the plague commonly known as counselors.
Stand up for yourself and tell her you don't appreciate the way she's treating you. That you don't require her services and will refuse and that you will pay for a psychologist if you actually needed one.

As long as you are keeping your grades up and prove you're paying attention there is no reason your teacher should be upset with you.

You will find a lot of adults will do this to you if you don't confront them about it.

Also- talk to your teachers- find one you like and befriend them, tell them your problems and concerns, tell them what you like and don't like, express yourself around them and they can be a huge help for you.
Thank you, I guess you're right. :)
Everyone has that one teacher in grade school...
Just makes you want to strangle them.
Then there are the best teachers ever!
That let's you get away with anything....
View all replies
This is a difficult situation, because normally my counselor is the one who i'd go to for this kind of thing. He's my representative in the school faculty. In this case, I'd suggest talking to your parents about what's going on. If you can arrange a meeting with a vice principal or the like, all the better.

I hope you make it. Best of luck.
Thanks... And thanks. 
I can't remember the last time someone accused me of not being on task.

I think when you are as young as it sounds like you are, having anyone in authority call attention to anything you're doing wrong can be devastating. But I don't think it's meant to be. It's possible that your counselor really is worried about you, because they care. Is the worst thing that can happen having them call your parents? If you really think she's overreacting maybe YOU should talk to your parents and tell them look -this lady is all up in my business and I don't know what her problem is. 

The fact that you are emotional probably doesn't help. But if you start confronting things more, you might find that you will eventually learn to control your emotions and not let them control you.

As for not talking to adults -no way around that. Better to suck it up and do it. You will feel better when all of this is sorted.
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. 
i agree 

school is annoying