I'm going to cry my eyes out. Please cheer me up.?

my art is horrible sagethethird.deviantart.com/ I've made not one red cent off of it. 

Nothing like charlie bowater's charlie-bowater.deviantart.com… 

I feel sick...I don't know where to turn. 

I was born in 1990, she's born in 1988 how am I this incompetant? 

Should I just give up...?

I just don't know anymore, I can't find success, (I don't know where to find it, job agencies? Google searches? what? I'm lost) but if I can't I just don't want to live.

What do other's do? What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I at least have a shitty jr position at some small firm in idaho?

Help...
Comments71
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Stop masking your advertising with sadness you dickless fuckwad. You just thought you don't have enoughs llamas or something and you thought it would be a good idea to act like a sad faggot in order to advertise your crap. If you are that fucking retarded to think that a two year difference makes a difference in drawing then you should off yourself. The crap you drew does look good, here, do you feel better, you praise-craving fagazoid? Do you expect people to just find your crap and shove money down your throat just because it looks good? Think again, cocksucker. You have to start from the "shitty" jr position at that small firm in Idaho, you fucking NEET, and work your way up from there. But why am I even helping you, cumstain. You're just trying to make people feel sad for you in order to check your furry crap. 
Idk, your art looks perfectly to me. It's not my sort of thing, but it's still quality work. At least you have actual artistic talent or at least took the time and effort necessary time to become good at what you do, unlike a fairly significant portion of deviantart.
lol ok? and that's supposed to mean what?
Beuty is subjective, you can look at it this way, what you draw you and only you can draw no one and i mean NO ONE can draw exactly the way you can, its unique. I myself am a mediocre artist and i tend to meet artists MUCH better than me but i dont feel bad about my self, there will ALWAYS be someone better and this is an unchanging fact for everyone, these people may have had better conditions to perfect their art or might have been born simply with more talent a better ability to understand light, form ect however when you see someone like this, especially if you personally know them or even are friends with them you shouldnt feel bad. I personally tend to feel that im inferior too but when i feel that way i simply set that artists level as my new goal, let it motivate my growth try to learn from them, ask them for help if I can. The morale of the story is that there will always be one better, but dont you DARE feel incompetent so long as you love what you do and try to iprove best you can, drawing is supposed to be fun, let it be fun and u'll get better for sure :D 
PS Sorry my arrangement of thought was all over the place :iconsweatdropplz: I hope that i was at least of some sort of help.
:) it was I appreciate the comment really. 

I'm actually feeling a lot better now than I was at the time I wrote this, but still really open to advice. I like the "setting that artist as your new goal" idea. I'm going to use that to motivate me to practice. 

Better as in, I've realized my goals and what level I want my skills to be and now I just want to accomplish it. 
Van Gogh only sold a single painting during his life. 

No-one should ever expect to be a commercial success in the field of art.
Dont cry. There's always going to be people who are better than all of us. And comparing yourself will only make things worst.

Your art, everybody's art is very beautiful in its own way and there's no way that one could compare it to eachother. I hope you'll feel better soon, because I too, oftenly compare myself with the juniors I know. That sort of feeling is the fuel to make yourself better and improve.
Oh stop whining! Pick up a pencil. Get some paper, and PRACTICE. No on else here can draw for you. Only YOU can. Stop wallowing around in your own pissy sorrows and get off your lazy pizza dough ass and sketch, practice and keep practicing! That's the only way to improve
Don't compare yourself to other people. Why would you? Do you want to be the best in the world?

Why do you need to be that? Why do you do art, in the first place? It's supposed to be fun to do that.
I asked myself this today and the answer I got is that I love telling stories. 

I've always loved to write but I feel there is something magical about bringing them to life in a painting. 
Well, godspeed then!
Your art isn't all that bad! Hey, at least it's better than my stick figures! Laugh LOL 
I like your art.  Stop complaining and practice!
You need to stop comparing yourself to others. Becoming a great artist takes time, and you always need to improve. Ask people for constructive criticism and learn from it.
That's the thing, I have all my deviations (at least the newer ones) set to receive critique, I feel rude asking for it though. 

Where might I find people that would critique my art online? I know there is www.reddit.com/r/artcrit (now anyway), anywhere else? 
You need some work on composition, but honestly it's not bad. I'm sure there's a market for you, you just havn't found it yet. Consider taking a few cheap classes so a teacher can steer you in a more challenging direction, teach you some new tricks. Also- You never find art jobs from googling them and I wouldn't get your hopes up, that's for professionals with a name, Though if you get on the casual schooling thing, your teachers will offer you something if you cozy up.
I think you are right, and I am absolutely lacking in composition. 

My problem is that I don't have people to tell me these things right off the bat anymore. So I get complacent. I think classes sound like a fantastic idea, do you know where I might take some (especially online)? I always felt like that was cheating, cozying up to someone and finding a job that way, is it? I wouldn't even know where to start with that. 

I wish I just had a group of friends I kept in touch with from college that I could rely on for objective criticism. Yeah I kept in touch with people but they were all from different majors. 
I'm sorry, but to honest, this is kind of petty.... You shouldn't be crying over this

I've been doing art for years, and writing for who knows how long. You know what I got to show for it? 350 points earned in a contest... that's what my years of writing has earned me...

but that's not why I do art. I write and do art because it's my passion and to give people something to enjoy. I care about all the people who watch me, and everyone who sees and comments on my stuff... that's enough for me.

And you being envious of Charlie Bowater's kinda silly... I'm envious. This would be like me crying because I'm not stephen king, Hunter S. Thomas or Shakespeare.

"I just don't know anymore, I can't find success, (I don't know where to find it, job agencies? Google searches? what? I'm lost) but if I can't I just don't want to live."

You don't wanna live because you aren't sucessful? I'm sorry, nobody has to be successful to be happy, if you associate happiness with success, you're not gonna be happy too often.
Very very few people are great artists immediately. Art has to be practiced. Maybe it would help to concentrate on getting into a good practice routine and focussing on that rather than the results at first. Also I believe everyone is of equal worth as a human being irrespective of how skillful they are at art.
I just wish I had examples of people who had it rough for the first 10 years or so. I know one of my acquaintances from PSI said that it took him 10 years to become an art director.