Low blood pressure woes.

I was getting ready for a lecture see, one I sometimes don't turn up to because well, I'm not great at being academically punctual. But today I had the full intentions to go, and then bam. Two fainting spells within a course of 3 hours. Not fun, I think it's related to hypotension since it's been known to me for years I have a shockingly low blood pressure rate that I seemingly inherited from my mum. I feel dizzy as sin right now and don't feel too much like walking 40 minutes to Uni completely alone without anyone around that knows I could down like the Titanic at any given time.

Which means now, my attendance is gonna look pretty fucking shitey. 

But here's my main gripe, I've went to the GP and hospital numerous times to see if anything can be done. And they've done every test under the sun, and subsequently told me to do everything to leaflets on the matter say;

• standing up gradually and avoiding standing for long periods of time
  • ensuring you are well hydrated
  • wearing support stockings 
  • avoiding caffeine at night and limiting your alcohol intake
  • eating more salt in your diet
  • eating smaller meals, more often

And I do these, all aside from the stockings but that collides with another medical matter of mine that really doesn't need to be in the spot light right now.

Point is, the doctors will not take it any further and even though I abide by all these life choices I'm still getting major pass out spells which even result in muscle/fitting like spasms on the floor.

Does anyone know anything else I can do?

Also: Believe me, I've tried multiple doctors. 
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The only thing doctors really tell me is.....drink lots of water! I don't know where you live or if it makes a difference, but my  doc here in Australia (where it gets very hot in summer obvs) recommended I drink 2L of water minimum.....
Not just salt, but more of all the electrolytes. Drink Gatorade; eat bananas.

I assume you're eating enough food, right? I was sort of anorexic for a spell, and it caused me fainting episodes left and right. I still to this day have issues from time to time if I'm undernourished. Carry snacks with you and eat them if you start feeling a bit woosie. I don't know that hypoglycemia causes fainting, but it does absolutely cause dizziness and lightheadedness.
I don't think they sell Gatorade here? 

No, I do eat, a lot. 
Fucking eat. 

Nah, but you'd rather look like a walking stick.
Well, I did have breakfast, a burger, a roast dinner and a cream cake. But hey, maybe that's not enough :shrug:
You mentioned small meals, I assumed you wre eating very little. I don't know what you eat daily but less fiber and protein harms me.
Small meals are what the doctor recommended if you read it, that's not a sentence that means I'm on a crazy diet.
Yes and I had assumed you ate crazy little. 
Assuming makes you an ass, just saying :bucktooth:
What is this, preschool? 
View all replies
Drink coffee during the day, but only a little.
Drink isotonic and energy drinks, eat cornflakes and oatmeal for breakfast.
Put more salts in your diet.
Water, LOTS of water.
Exercise to promote blood flow.
Avoid unnecessary straining that lasts for more than a minute. 
Avoid hot water, instead bathe in warm, it will reduce dizziness.
Cut back on carbs

Trust me, I sometimes have low BP as well and I feel dizzy during the day :)
I'll try, thanks!