What if you could move to Japan but...

Comment hidden
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
See if you can secure a job as an English teacher, and definitely start learning Japanese.
You can't go to a country whose language you can't speak or read.
Just shout at them hard enough. Someone will come and take care of you.
Japan's economy is tanking like Detroit. If you can get a job as an English teacher it will be enough to support yourself, otherwise will have to return home.
Unless you have enough money to sustain yourself without getting a job there, then I wouldn't go. If you don't speak Japanese, your job options are severely limited. Getting by as a tourist without speaking Japanese is easy enough, but living in Japan without speaking Japanese or knowing someone else who does is really hard.

I mean, it's definitely a country that's worth going to. But if you don't already have a solid offer of employment, a serious plan on how to get employment, or the means to support yourself should you be unable to find employment, then I wouldn't do it.
check the international businesses and if you find something with a good promise (and better then the alternatives) then find a Japanese course in at least the speaking part.
Housing will likely be an issue, I've heard from all over the world that foreigners get charged extra in rental homes selected for foreigners. try to find one with a monthly contract and try to avoid long term contracts.
Yeah I don't think you should go there unless you have a sure financial footing and stuff.
Comment hidden
I don't think you should give up on it, Japan is interesting to visit. Not sure about living. But yeah, be sure about your foundation there, explore options etc etc