Need Help with Dealing with Broken Knife and Avoiding Mother's Wrath

Okay so I was using a big or medium knife to help loosen the jack o lantern mouth to get the piece off and suddenly the knife breaks. I threw it away-but I fear if my mom asks about it and I tell her what happens she'll blow her top AND I don't want to deal with her bull crap-pardon my french. BUT I got an important interview tomorrow and don't need puffy eyes from tears-MY MOM can be a crabby BITCH-Pardon my french. I was being careful with the knife even when I was making the top for the pumpkin-ya know to take off the top to put the candle in.

I'm going to replace the knife by checking the dollar tree or something sometime-probably tuesday or whatnot. 

So could you lend me your advice on how to deal with this even upon a stupid-yet meaningless argument to come over a knife that was part of a set of others. I mean its just like scissors-they get lost and mom buys a new one to replace it-SAME GOES for a knife that I plan to do BECAUSE AT LEAST I'M FIXING A wrong to make a right and even if I tell her the truth-I SWEAR TO GOD I am gonna tell her off that I WAS SORRY AND THAT I WOULD FIX IT SO she totally should lay off-I swear she has a bipolar disorder or something to get upset OVER THE MOST LITTLIEST THINGS.
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If ya say her, that ya are truly sorry about , that im sure even she would appreciate it. of course she will be mad, but its better than go hide it, that way she will even be more mad. Also indd, add the part about buyign a new one and say ya will be more carefull with it. (Even though ya already did)
The best you can do is tell her the truth and that you plan on replacing it.
Well said.
It's best to tell her what happened whether she gets mad or not.
OF COURSE I am gonna replace it-BUT I WIll tell her when she asks and SHWO HER THE replaced blade to make up for breaking the old one. I AIN'T GONNA endure her LITTLE hissy-FIT wrath before an important interview for a library clerk position at the library-I AIN'T GOING TO THE interview with PUFFY EYES
You're just as childish. An adult owns up to their mistakes when the mistake happens. From that moment of honesty is when that adult and anyone else involved talk about how the mistake can be fixed or what can be provided to make up for it.

Whether you like her frustration with you or not, you have to deal with it. You cannot avoid your problems and spend all of your time shit talking the woman who gave birth to you and provided for you growing up.

Tell your mother, deal with the consequences of your actions, and see if she wants a cheap ass knife from the dollar store or a better quality one or if she wants you to replace it at all.
Just tell her the truth. I'm sure she'll understand. Just think, hey sh*t happens. It's not like you did it on purpose. U can tell her that sh*t happens.

Idk if that was helpful.
Well I'll tell her-but hopefully she doesn't push me far to make me tell her off. Still its just a blade-there are others-including one that slices fast that Adam bought her.

I'll just go to the Dollar tree tomorrow morning or tuesday after the movies, buy a knife that looks exactly like it while getting a card for my uncle's birthday and whatnot.

Besides I REALLYREALLLYREALLLLLYYYY HATE WHEN she gets into her little Bitchy Fits-Pardon my french again-I MEAN SHE NEEDS TO learn to control her Bipolar and pain outlashes ya know
"Well I'll tell her-but hopefully she doesn't push me far to make me tell her off."

How is it her fault that you are intolerant and disrespectful? How does treating her like shit make her want to treat you better? Do you go through life abusing anyone who doesn't approach you the way you want them to? Or is it just your parent you abuse?
HEY I respect, love her and treat her well-She's the one with problems sometimes
"crabby BITCH"  "LITTLE hissy-FIT" " tell her off" "her little Bitchy Fits"

First of all, calling your mother a bitch at every opportunity is childish and disrespectful.
Secondly, undermining her emotions is disrespectful. You are not perfect and frankly, I think you would throw a tantrum if your mother passed even a fraction of the amount of judgement on you that you pass upon her. Until you are perfect, stop ragging on other people like you can do no wrong.
Third, threatening to "tell her off" is disrespectful. Whether you like it or not, only children talk back to their parents. There is a very large difference between "telling someone off" and "sitting down to have an adult discussion about our feelings, the way we act toward one another".

Not to mention the fact that you trivialize something that even you admitted someone else bought her and feel as though you can just replace it on the sly with some cheap crap. That doesn't say "I'm sorry and I care about you." that screams "I fucked up and not only do I not care enough to give you something better but I'm getting you the bare minimum behind your back just so I can avoid punishment. This really is all about me even if what was broken belongs to you and will make you upset."

Grow up. I'm sure your mother will start treating you like a responsible adult once you actually start acting like one.
u don't have to apologize for ur French. I speak very fluent. Ahaha!
Hehehehhe anyway my MOM REALLY needs to learn to control her mood swings sometimes-I MEAN sometimes I don't think she knows the meaning of empathy AND SHE ISN'T ONE TO say I'm sorry-WHCIH IS RARELY-BUT SHE SHOULD understand HOW PEOPLE though make a wrong try to make it right by fixing it and I AM FIXING IT BY buying her a new kitchen knife which is used for watermelons, cantalope, and anything else bigger even squash is used AND AT LEAST I AM being responsible and mature by going to the dollar tree to see if they got a knife like it.

I mean it would be pointless for people to blow up over a TEENSY TINSY LITTLE thing like a TEENSY Scratch on the wall OR A Broken knife am I right?
My moms like that too. 
Why do mothers like ours give us such a HARD time? I mean WE HELP AROUND THE house with chores-we go grocery shopping with them-WE REFILL THEIR water bottles and do our best to keep the house nice and put stuff away. WHY DO they act like total dicks to us for trying to do something right
View all replies