how would you react if your friend said this?

Okay... you already know this most of you. I used to have bi feelings that happened every once in a while, despite being straight growing up. The feelings didn't really surface much until I did spice. And I had to physically torture myself with fire, blunt instruments, and blades... This is no secret, and I'm proud of doing it, because it was effective in getting rid of the thoughts, and if I could go back, I'd have upped the intensity so it could have worked faster.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. Naturally, many people are skeptical of me, and really, I don't give a shit what random fuckers online say. However, I was thinking of telling my friend about my past. Just because I want someone to trust me. However, I'm not sure how he'd react... I know he wouldn't hate me for it, even if I told him I were gay, he'd still be my friend... but he's kind of a liberal, so I'm afraid he would call bullshit and not believe me if I told him I was cured.

Would you believe your friend if he said that? And if he doesn't, does that make him a bad friend? 
Comments331
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
gay hate, especially in this case, is just proving you're in the closet and using 'hatred' to 'prove' to yourself you're not gay. It happens all the time. People who have trouble embracing their bisexuality, etc do this and its rediculous.
I don't hate anyone... The only ones filled with hate are uneducated, ignorant people who belive sexuality is unchangeable... Stop letting the media rot your brain and get educated
There is no "cure" fr being gay. You can think you cured yourself, but you're really just living in denial.
Proof sexuality can't change? Oh wait, no... there's no such thing
You weren't cured, you were just bi-curious and that's not being gay. That just means were exploring your sexuality, and now that you know you're not gay, it's all good. You know you're straight. There was no fact of you being a legit gay, it was just an assumption. You thought you were gay, but realized you weren't. Yes, I understand, people can change, but hat's not called curing, that's called realizing.  Plus, your friend will be chill if you told him about your past trust me, if he was that liberal, he'll be fine. Although, if you said "cured" I wouldn't be surprised he didn't believe you. You should probably find another word for that. It just sounds weird.
Change in sexuality is possible... there's nothing disproving it
No i understand, I also changed my sexuality, but I want you to understand that you're "changing" it, not "curing" it. I understand you're religious, and that's what religious people call it, but you aren't talking to just religious people. You're talking to the generic group of people, meaning that you have to consider that not everyone has the same belief and stuff.  Just take consideration of other people, it's more professional. 
If your friend is that understanding what's the problem? Don't fuss too much about it, just bring it up and tell him. As a friend I think he will appreciate it a lot that you are sincere with him and shared this past. And I agree, it's not something to be cured from. Another issue is you say you want to reveal it since you want him to trust you. Isn't the main problem that you're actually way to insecure about the whole thing? 
I'm angry at God.... I shouldn't have had to turn straight on my own. IF there existed a loving God he woudln't make gay people in the first place... of course, I don't think being bi was natural for me... since it was a result of brain damage... but still. There must not be any good diety, or if he exists, he's just a sadist

I'm also angry at anyone who says people can't change... if that's how you feel... fuck you. If you're an open minded person, unlike the left wing puppets on DA, then I respect you.
It's not about God, it's about your own beliefs and getting to know yourself. In my opinion, forcing yourself like that of course is no good and traumatising. And there are much moore stressful and awful issues to deal with in this life than being frustrated about your orientation and past.

Of course, people can change. But it really takes time, devotion and true resolve. Otherwise, just take time, maybe the answers will come eventually.
You weren't cured, you were just exploring your sexuality. Meaning, you were never really gay in the first place.

You can't be "cured", seeing as it's not a disease.
If you explore your sexuality... you're bi... period. Straight people don't do that

And a lot of things can be changed... doesn't mean they have to be diseases
Nah, once you're gay, you're never going back. There's no such thing as being cured from homosexuality.
Kids get sent to camps to be turned straight and they still come back gay...because it's who they are. Yes, there are camps out there that do this.
I never claimed to support straight camps, because most of them just want money.
How is the failure of people who most likely aren't in it for sucess in the first place, proof of anything... There are ex-gays who claim it to this day... Why is it because some people said it doesn't work, that means it's impossible

Plus, I've always said it should nbe done by searching your heart to find the right way... none of that therapy shit
Look in the mirror, that's pretty much all you need. Also, there's was once a priest who said that he was cured from homosexuality and he later on buttfucked another boy.
So there exists no proof... thank you.

Also, I hate fake ex-gays... I wish I could tie Ted Haggard to the bakc of an F150 and drag him down the highway
You're a faggot... Why don't you do the world a favor and get caught having gay sex on camera, then jump off the George Washington bridge like Tyler Clementi... it's not like anyone would miss you if you did.
I'm not a cigarette m8. Hey, stop deflecting your personal feelings about yourself on me.
View all replies
If you don't give a shit what random "fuckers" online say, why are you sharing this online...for comments? :slow: Plus I don't believe you and call troll post on it. If you were doing spice and burning yourself, get your butt to a psych ward sofort!
If I didn't turn straight... then suicide would have been a morally just action... so why would I have gone to a therapist? I deserved to be burnt alive... why would I go somewhere I don't deserve to be in?

I could see a therapist now... since I'm not bi, I have the right to do things thst are good for me. But without being bi, I no longer feel like I deserve to die... so whats the point of seeing a therapist now.

And if I turn bi in the future, that'll make me a worthless human, therefore, there's no need to go to a therapists, when he could be spending his time helping a human being instead of a thing
Considering how much of a fucking insane, delusional idiot you are, I doubt they'll want to be close to you anyway.