Living Life Alone as an Artist (Canadians i need help)

i'm almost 18 and i'm really stressed about life in general. i wonder how it works will it be peaceful or just contently stressful.
it would help if you could answer some Questions for me i really need the feed back

if your an Animator your feed back is the most valuable

- Is paying bills such a hassle? 
- is living alone that hard?
- how much money do you have left over to save after 
stuff like paying bills, glossary?
- what were some things that helped you get throw living alone
-did you live with friends?
- if you have a partner know how long did it take you to find them?
did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen.
- (you don't have to answer) when did you start having sex were you scared of things happening?  

i may have more questions latter on i may want to ask you based on your answers.

Thank you for answering! (P.S i obviously now my spelling and grammar is bad you don't need to point it out.)
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
-not if you have a job with fulltime hours
-no its the best thing ever
-not much at all- but depends on your BUDGET
-BUILD CREDIT and get a PET- You will be depressed- ahem you will get depression but you will get over it (I don't know a 20 year old that hasn't)
-sibling- don't live with friends unless you have to because you will hate them so much
-nope and forever
-don't worry about the S.E.X. Just be smart- if you think you will be active use protection and don't do it with just anyone- know the person first.
A bullet to the brain works wonders! Try it! Fucking Canadian idiot!
wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 
i don't know what happened in your life to make you feel that way
but the way you vent your anger is lame. 
if you really hate people you wouldn't go out of your way to interact with them
weather or not your on the internet. 
You need help. you should post your feelings on the forms.
vent some of that anger into personal journals.
because random comments like the one you gave me don't help you
or even hurt me. Hopes to Humanity betterment,
and have a good day.
You're like the 5th person that I've seen them trolling and just being plain mean to, so they're just a total jerk. Don't take it seriously. And I don't think they can get help at this point..
I'm a Canadian, but not an Animator. I also don't live alone, so really can't help much for that.

I live with my best friend, who I'm also married to. We met each other as kids 20+ years ago & stuck together as friends. [Yeah, yeah fairy tale story. :roll:] With high costs of living it's far easier for two to tighten their belt & share paycheques + rent/utilities/etc than just one person on their own.

The other half does a bit more in the 'REEL WURLD' money-wise, while I do a bit more home-wise (also farm & art work). My disabilities have made it pretty much impossible for me to do a normal 9-5, though with the farm produce & such we do save a bit due to the healthier food & lower medical bills. :)

Living alone in my younger years was cool for some things, sucked for others. I could clean when I wanted (and was actually very tidy on my own), but I couldn't handle an empty house, even room/board with strangers. I spent more of my time outside with friends (or working) to keep my mind busy. Though I like my bouts of solitude, I don't think I could take an empty house for long. I need to know others are doing something here, even if not always with me.
only at first,  while you get used to it, after that, it becomes second nature

again, at first, but then you find it's perks, also depends how well you settle and all

probably like 140 USD a month,   but it's okay considering I'm buying a house and all,  also I might get a second job to get my finances more in order

being well prepared with options, phones and get well with neighbors!

in two ocassions,  it's a bit more problematic than what it seems!

I wasn't looking for her, I came out of a 7 year long relationship, I said "fuck love, I don't need anyone to be happy" and seven months later I met her, I just could not resist her lure, perfect match, preety much

-did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen.
a friend introduced me to her,  we hit it off, we where friends for a month and then I took the step

- (you don't have to answer) when did you start having sex were you scared of things happening? 
by the time we decided to have sex, we first went to a gynecologist, she got checked up and he prescribed her the best anticonceptive for her body type and all,  when I can I use condoms anyways just in case,  now and then there's a little nagging fear but it goes away each month haha
"- Is paying bills such a hassle?"

Not really.  You go to your bank, register your regular bills and then you can pay them online or at the ATM.

"- is living alone that hard?"

No?  It's exactly like living with other people except you do all the chores and the cooking.  But then you can do whatever weird thing you want at whatever hour you want and as long as your neighbours can't hear it no one will complain.

"- what were some things that helped you get throw living alone"

The only thing about living alone is that it can be kind of boring to have no one to talk to.  Make sure to go out with friends regularly.

"-did you live with friends?"

A few times.  Living together can really strain your friendship, though, so you have to set rules at the beginning and talk everything out so that no one is angry about things in secret.

"did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen"

I met people in school.  After you're out of college it's a lot harder, but not impossible.  It's important to find the right person.  And by "right person" I mean "someone you love whom you're not going to want to murder after living with them for a couple of years".

All of this assumes that you have a job and it's adequate.  Everything is a stressful hassle when you're broke.
In the USA, not Canada, but I suspect the same will apply.

It's tough to be responsible and pay your bills if you are short on money, and easy if you have some left over each month.  Until you actually HAVE a job (animator or otherwise) it is impossible to say which camp you will fall in.

Similar answer to the above question, depends on how much money you have, and also where you are living. Down here you generally need to have about 2 time your rent available (after taxes) if you do not have a car and about 3 times your rent available after taxes if you do have a car.  Needing a car will depend on where you live.

That will depend on what your job is paying you, animator is not a flat every animator out there makes _________ amount of money.  What you make will depend on what job you get, and animator does not narrow it down enough to give you a good clear answer.

I am unsure what you mean by "get throw living alone" if you mean get through living alone, I actually preferred it, even though I had less money.  I was more willing to stay in when I did not have a roommate knocking about.  I also had a VERY high people contact job (teaching) and was wanting the alone time when I got home.

Yep, see above.  I preferred living alone, YMMV.

did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen.

You HAVE to make time to look for and date a partner if you want one.  Priorities.  I was 25 when I met the guy I have now spent years with.  I would say being with a partner takes as much time and effort AFTER you have established a live together relationship than it did during dating.  So if you don't want to make the time to find a relationship, then you probably do not want a permanent long term relationship at all.

Started having sex younger than you, was not scared, thought I loved the guy and he was "the one" broke up with him, and had another "the one" prior to finding the guy I have been with for years now and discovering there is no such thing as "the one" and relationships are work.
Your questions are more general, anybody could answer them, and frankly, if you have a job you will probably make it ;)

Anyhow, I'm a game artist and I know that people have a great life as game artists, at least here in Sweden. I don't have a full time job at the moment but still I know it's a fact because I have contacts and I know how things are. My answers will be based on the facts that I know, not on my current situation. 

Nope.

Nope.

It's like a normal full time job, and of course if you have worked a couple of years you will earn more money and probably more responsibility. In the end how much money you have left depends on how well you save them, what you prioritize and how much you spend. 

I still don't live alone but I am planning to in the near future, it's hard to make it as an artist and the same goes for the animators. You have to show skills and have contacts etc. A steady economy is one thing that you need if nothing else :)

Nope, but I did and still do get help from them.

- if you have a partner know how long did it take you to find them? did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen.
Chasing your career doesn't necessarily have to be an obstacle for your relationships, of course you will have to compromise and maybe your career will take more time, but in the end if you really want to make it, you will find a way :) I met my partner when I was 14. It just happened, it's hard to plan anything, I didn't plan anything, I simply started upper secondary school and there he was. I know people going to great lengths in order to find their partners, they go out often, to parties or events etc to find somebody. Well, we both had our careers to think about, so we had a distance relationship, but things point towards a real relationship real soon so, nothing is impossible. 

It's only natural to be afraid in the beginning :) but it's like learning how to bike, you fall about 10 times but the 11th time you start to understand the trick and maybe the 15th time you start to make your own tricks :) 
Your questions have nothing to do with animation or animators.
If you're not working all your points are hardships.
its if you have the life of an animator then your information is more valuable -_-
The life of an animator is no different then the life of anyone else.
Paying bills sucks. It's not a hassle if you have online banking though. I just transfer money through online banking, takes about five minutes.

Yes. Even for loners, it starts to wear on you after a while. I heavily recommend roommates. I went to a pretty bad place living by myself.

- how much money do you have left over to save after stuff like paying bills, glossary?
Depends on the payday, how bad my grocery bills are in a month, and whether I have other expenses come up, but it's about $200-$300 a paycheck. Of course, I make pretty good money too...

Friends. Clubs activities. Lord knows I owe my friends for hauling me out of the cave I was living in.

After a while. It was ok. Gotta set out your house rules early on though.

Uh. Well, I was 17, and we met in class at university like, the second day. So, not long? xD

- did you have time to date and look for a partner at all or did it just happen.
There was time for dating, there's time for anything if you manage your time carefully.

Of course. Probably everyone is. Sex is the most vulnerable position you'll ever put yourself in. After a lifetime of being told that it's embarassing or shameful to be naked around other people and not ok to touch other people, well, there you are. A good partner will help you with that.