Sick of being rejected/ being friendless

(this is not my main. I'd rather not put my issues on blast to 550 watchers.)

I DO have one best friend. He calls me, we hang out once in awhile (he lives far away and I have no car so not as often as I would like.) But otherwise, I have no social life whatsoever. Only one person in the entire world calls me, texts me. Only one person has celebrated my birthday the last 3 years (and before that, nobody since I was 10. I am 21.) It isn't like I don't leave my house. I am in my 4th year of college, I work, I have group therapy, I "know" people in my town. But I have hung out with only one person since February. Also, most of his friend's think I am crazy for reasons I do not feel like getting into, so hanging out with them is out of the question.

And now lets get into the rejection! The last time I have hung out with anybody but my only friend, was back in February, when I hung out twice with these two girls (I am a girl, btw). I messaged them weeks and weeks on end, asking to hang out again but they were always "too busy". Yet, I would see them come into the store I work at all the time together, just hanging out. I asked them about a month ago one last time to hang out, to have my messages "read" but ignored. Only a few days later, I saw them. It really, really hurt. 

I never hung out with my cousin before. I have 3 cousins, one who moved 1,200 miles away, one who is 13, and one who lives only an hour away. I asked the 3rd one to hang out with me, and she said "I don't have any money, maybe next month." I never heard from her since. 

I asked a guy who I hung out with before, to come to my house. Again, excuses weeks on end. I also gave up on that one. 

A few days ago at college, I was talking to two guys in the lounge. One was not a student so I will probably never see them again. However, he told us to watch a youtube video. When he left, the other guy brought up the video on his laptop and I came over to watch. He put his headphones in, and asked me "Aren't you leaving now?" and I said "Soon..." and he said "See you later" and turned the video on. He just wanted me to go away.

I feel like I must be the most repulsive person in the world. I wish I had a brother or sister to hang out with, but I'm an only child on top of all of this. It just feels really awful and I feel like I should just give up on trying to make friends because I am going to be rejected time and time again. I just wish I would be invited out somewhere. Just have somebody to go out to eat, walk around with, see a movie. I don't have that. I've never been to a party or a club. 

Is there any advice? I work 26 hours a week, have class full time, and therapy. I have no time to volunteer or anything like that. : And I SHOULD be able to meet people in the 3 different locations I go to weekly, but after years it has yet to happen.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Dude, I can kinda feel what you've been through. I had a friend who was like my sister. we hung out all the time and loved talking about our fictions and fun stuff. Then she started to get really quiet. She talking about our fictions. All she talked about was music. Until the point she abandoned me. For no reason whatsoever.

I feel your pain. Yet, I also feel like God is calling me to be your friend. The kind of friend that won't reject you. The kind of person who will always be there for you. So, if you want. I could be your friend.
So your in college majority of the guys you talk to around that age are more than likely going to be dicks.  Our mentality is basically a one track mind and alot of us have no respect for women or understand emotions.  <--- not true for everyone.  So don't let them tear you apart like this, the only reason you take such huge hits to the heart is because you don't socialize enough.  When you actually find people who arn't total cheesecunts you will learn to completely ignore these pricks.  Not having friends is rough.  A picture i saw that really spoke to me is this.  They showed a girl looking into a mirror and had a caption of something like "no matter what your going through always remember she needs you the most."   

I hope that helps, talk to me via notes if you need anything else to help you out.  I've lived without friends for pretty much my whole life and im alittle older than you so i got some more mileage going on.