Predicted Pregnancy

This is going to sound ridiculous, but...here we go.
Yesterday, someone did an...astrology map for me. Like the 'real deal' saying I was born under the sun in the position of Leo and Jupiter in that position and Venus over there and this and that, this in that.....and holy cow was EVERYTHING on target. Showed a huge amount of truths about my personality. Things I already knew and were so truthful I just laughed at, mind-blown. One thing it also was able to show is the stages that I will and can go through in my life, for example 1997-2014ish has been a time of challenge for me. And well, it really has...and I was blown away just by how so many things that I already knew to be true could be showed just by knowing the time I arrived on this earth.

All that is fine and dandy and this is the part that is making me reel and feel so much fear. It said starting in 2015 and on for a while will be a period of time where I will be very much finding myself and CHILDREN will be..a big part of my life. This is in the meaning of likely HAVING a child or children....not only did it say that but it also said that I'm going to have to be careful about the way I fall in love and judgment of men..

In other words, something that has already proved to be incredibly accurate for me, says that it is a possibility that I might end up as a single mother in my early 20s...(the main emphasis on the mother part.)

HOLD THE PHONE.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

That's scary, that's really scary. Really really really...there is lots of fear. I don't really know if I'm happy to know or not to....'know'. There will be people that says all of it is just bollocks...but i feel like ignoring it would be stupid for me.

I guess here is the up side if that makes sense at all. It doesn't mean that I have children as much as this period of life will be a time where I spend a lot of time with/making this time about children. Okay........I can't imagine myself being a teacher JUST yet. Let me wait until like my 40s please and then maybe a few workshops...that isn't my dream. My dream is more to write children's books and to work in film, like in Disney. So basically do entertainment for children...

So....after tossin' and turning and doing exactly what I shouldn't do by angsting about it, Here's this post. Also the idea that: instead of just ignoring it and just saying that all is untrue, saying I will rise to meet it. And be VERY CAREFUL about getting pregnant. The idea of having a child right now, or in the next like 5 years is like someone saying "Snip, I just cut your life and dreams short". The person who did it for me, a family member, also spoke of another girl who had the same thing as me on her chart and No One thought she would have a baby. Then she went to New Zealand and came back pregnant.

I think the only plan of action instead of ignoring it is deciding my own destiny or more like warping destiny to what I want it to be. Working with OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN not my OWN. Oh God or Gods or deities of the stars....don't let me get pregnant before I want a baby. Please. Please. Please.
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
They're categorizing you based on your age range.

People in their early 20's think about moving out, career/jobs, uni/diplomas, and potential long-term relationships.
Mid-late 20's they're thinking about first time homes, even children, sometimes travel or even divorce.
30's it might be trouble with their parents (since they're likely seniors now), deaths & dealing with teenagers. And so on...

You don't want kids? There's so many options, you could mix & match: No sex, protection, overnight pill, birth control pill, abortion, etc..
If I have children, which i suppose is likely, It woud be at the EARLIEST late 20s. More like early thirties. I don't want to be tied down like that. Thank you so much for your words.
Yep, no prob. Remember, you set your own life's path. :)
THat is comforting, it really is
To quote Matrix "Do you believe in Fate?" "No" "Why" "I don't like the Instead of someone else in control of my life"
Thanks again!
Focussing on other peoples children isn't gonna change your destiny.

If you don't want to get pregnant then just don't do what is being talked about.

Be careful with the guys you date/have sex with and just always use protection. (or double protection)

In the case you do get pregnant you could always get an abortion.
Very true, thanks for the comfort, i really do appreciate it
the thing about abortion is I am Pro Choice, but i'm not sure if I would ever want one for myself
I'm the same.

Though I probably would if it would really be the best thing.

Just be careful with things you don't want to happen, most things can be avoided after all.
I hope, I really hope
Be sure to have a backup Plan B pill or that it's relatively easy to access and purchase where you live, if emergencies happen (ie: condom breakage, you realize your antibiotics interfered with your oral contraceptives, etc).
Thank you so much for all your information. I wish this was taught more than it is. 
What state did you take sex ed in? I understand that Plan B has only been available without prescription since '06, so it might not have been covered by sex ed classes before then, but the other long-term contraceptive options I mentioned have been around much longer (I took sex ed when I was in Massachusetts, both in middle school and high school, and long-term options were encouraged). It's a shame that those options were left out of the classes you were taught then.

Definitely research as much as you can about your options from sites like Planned Parenthood's page before you meet with your doctor. If you're on your parents' healthcare plan still, ask them if they have any information on what sort of preventative contraception care is available for low-cost on the plan; oral contraceptive is now covered with no additional co-pay, but options like the Implant and IUD will likely require additional co-pays after insurance covers some of the cost.
The state I went to school in didn't require or even offer it past 8th grade....stupid right?
Man o man I need to learn more, thank u for all your help
Intensely stupid. Best of luck catching up!
View all replies
Seconding what everyone else is saying about your natal chart being done by a family member means they already have tons of access to information about you to make it seem very accurate. That doesn't mean that your natal chart is actually a plan for what's going to happen to you, and that over-specific attempts at fortune-telling are really grasping at straws. For all you know, they tell every single young woman they know that they'll have a child in their 20s, because they are biased and believe all women are going to or should get pregnant. 

I've worked seasonal positions with a psychic parlor/fortune telling parlor before, as the booking manager. The people who took clients there would be the first to tell you that they don't tell concrete plans for the future - they're essentially less expensive therapists who use astrology and cards to help pinpoint issues that are bothering their client and helping the client talk through ways to approach these issues.

Don't want to tempt fate? Then find a much longer-term birth control solution than the pill. Try an implant, which lasts up to three years without maintenance and has a miniscule failure rate (less than 1%). Try an IUD, which can last up to 10 years with no maintenance depending on the type of IUD you get, and again has a less than 1% rate of failure - copper IUDs last the longest and are also a form of hormone-free birth control. 

Both don't require a daily upkeep, so no accidentally forgetting to take a pill; both are more expensive up front, but cost much less than taking oral contraceptives over the long term. And unlike oral contraception, they're much less likely to interfere with or be rendered ineffective by other prescriptions you'd need to take like antibiotics.
For me, the part i put in about family member meant that they were trusted. This particular relative is sort of distant and last time i saw him it was like 6 years ago. And the information was very interesting and well, deep, things i usually keep to myself in order not to become vulnerable. He didn't use cards but i still see your point. Holy shoot, thank you so much for the links! Wow. No idea that people had created those things. Thank u
If you like to use astrology as part of your belief system or see it as a starting point for talking about how to guide yourself through life issues, that's fine. Just always be skeptical of any Totally Going To Happen kind of predictions. Either most people remember those predictions only when and if they happen, or they see it as encouragement to not actively take steps against or towards what they see as inevitable.

Do you have a good relationship with your doctor or gynecologist regarding sexual health-related topics? If not, I would suggest meeting with them to get that all sorted out for yourself. If not, check out a clinic like Planned Parenthood to meet with the staff about what your options are. 
I consider myself agnostic as my 'belief system' i'm not sure still and I use ideas from diffrent religions/cultures to form my own beliefs. Unfortunatly I also happen to be very gullible, I just naturally want to trust people. 
I guess it would be good to make a better relationship. Thank you so much.
It was done by a family member. How easy it is for them to make everything seem accurate because they know you.
True, but for some more perspective, he hardly knows me, i put in family member in because for me it means that he is trusted more. And it was things that were not surface facts, like "oh she was born under picses so she is attracted to water" it more deeper things. All the same, true.
Your astrology chart was done by a family member.  It wouldn't exactly be difficult to fill it with personal details to make it seem accurate.  Also, a lot of the things that astrology predicts are general and are the sorts of things that would happen to anyone.  Like... 1997-2014 is 17 years!  Who DOESN'T have some challenging times in 17 years?  In a time period that long bad things will happen to anyone!  Likewise nearly every woman between 15 and 45 thinks about/is around/has some children.  It's like predicting that sometime tomorrow you will think about or be around or have some food.  It's a basic human drive.  It's no trick to mention kids to a girl of childbearing age!

So yes.  Babies!  Any time you have unprotected sex, it's possible that you will get pregnant.  We prevent this by taking birth control and insisting that the nice man in bed wears a condom.  Do these things together every time and the chances that you will have a baby in the next 5 years are almost nonexistent.  Birth control can be kinda costly, but babies are even more expensive so it's totally worth it.

As for the story about the girl who went to New Zealand, it was told to you because it confirms the "power" of astrology.  There are hundreds of stories that could be told about all the girls who were expected to get pregnant and then totally did, or were expected to not get pregnant and then didn't, but those stories are ordinary and expected so they don't stick out and nobody tells them to one another.  It's like the news, nobody is ever going to say "it was a totally peaceful day in town and nothing much happened" even though most days are like that for most people.  People only report the unusual exceptions!  So if someone's telling you a story then you already know that you're hearing it because it's weird and unusual!
When I put in family member it was to show that they are trusted. This particular member is not close, I hadn't seen him in a long time. XD so true, 17 yrs is a long time, but still, it was challenging with the environment I was in. I really do see your point. Thanks for your words, i really appreciate them.
Sounds like you should be abstinent until you're old enough to handle the consequences, then. These sorts of things are often self-fulfilling prophecies once the idea is planted in your head and you spend a lot of time fretting over it.

Astrological signs are all bullshit. It's easy to claim this or that and being so vague, it would most likely fit with a lot of peoples lives. Or if you want to believe it, you'll find ways to go "OH YEAH! I DID HAVE THAT BIG FIGHT WITH MY PARENTS DURING THAT TIME!" or "Omg I did have a break up that year". But hey, you're proof that people will believe what they want to believe.
True true, 
I don't know if i can really push things like this aside, it's not in my nature. (I know, and hate it, but i'm ridiculously gullible -_- it sucks - i just naturally want to trust people and ideas)
Thank you for the words though.
I do believe in prophecies, but only if it's told by an experienced fortune teller.  But even then, nothing is final. Do you know who has the last word? You. Only you. The fortune teller can see a future that 'might' happen. But only if you don't change your mind. You see, maybe you will change your mind until that time comes, how does she know that? She can only predict one version of what could be. But you got plenty of options, and there is solely one that can lead to the same exact outcome. It's hard to predict everything just because the human kind has the power to change its will, you can't be sure of anything. They can maybe easier predict your thoughts and feelings, and see your past because it has already happened, but nobody can exactly foresee the future. 

But even if it happens, deal with it when the time comes. Don't worry about it now. It's not like we can do anything about it. If you want to be 100% certain and avoid the prophecy at all costs, simply, don't sleep with anybody. 

I know somebody who visited a fortune teller, she wanted someone so badly and wanted to be with him, the fortune teller told her that they would end up together and that was final, nothing could come between them. But they had problems, dealt with distance and such. Guess what, she became exhausted, couldn't deal with it anymore, and not only that, she found somebody else and lives happily right now.