social networks negative impact on life

Hello guys, I'm not sure what is the best for me now, if I should get my facebook back or not.

First facebook I had, I deleted it because it made me depressed. I had about 150 friends and there were some times that I would post something and no one would like it and I would feel really uniteresting and a even loser. (to keep it short, lol)

So I deleted it after I had no success on setting up a date with a girl on facebook, for me it was the last straw and for a few days next I felt bad but then I felt really good, like a ton of weight got out of my shoulders, I no longer had to submit to this kind of social approval to everyone on my friends.

Then I heard from a friend that a girl was asking about me on there and I made a new one to talk to her, the cycle repeated, I had no friends on the new account and the girl didn't always seem to show interest, it was complex and hard to understand to talk to a girl there for me (girls on facebook, right?)

So I deactivated it, now a few friends bug me to make a new one just for them. I reactivated my old account just to see what was going on there and from the few friends I had, I saw a lot of people I'm interested on but I have no way to contact them besides facebook. So I'm at an impass. What do you think?
I apologise for the grammar errors.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's been 2 years since I deleted my personal facebook. Life seems much more rewarding without it reminding me how boring my own life really seems. However, the only problem about not having one is that I often miss out on social events because many are listed only on fb these days... 
Thanks, great comment, I'll go with your opinion, Im fine without it
People don't owe you attention, by the way.
Facebook is garbage. You want to have relationships with people you can see and hear in front of you, not through text on a screen.

You didn't have 150 friends. You had 150 people designated as friends. That's why no one replied to you.
Just because you may or may not have known some of them in real life doesn't mean they're your friend unless you have a very loose definition of the term.

Your life is better off without faceshit.
Don't get pressured into it, one way or another.

:)
Keep it but try to find a way so that your social interactions aren't simply the ones you're doing on FB.
Good point, good advice.
"Anything can be good in moderation" applies here.
How many people out of those 150 friends did you actually talk to?
I knew everyone, no random adds. Why does that matter? :s
No, I'm asking you how many out of those 150 people did you actually talk to on Facebook, not whether you knew all 150 of them or not. If you don't socialize often on Facebook, then I'm not sure why you're giving in to your friends' request to make a new one.
Facebook can help you gain "Friends" instantly but as in all things in life it has a set of unwritten rules. They´re just fun people to have a casual conversation, share things in common or possibly meet them in real life but they will never be as effective as true friends. Even though Facebook has different algorithms to find people but they´re not a perfect tool.
Just make one again but watch yourself. Facebook does have practical uses, especially if you're in school, but don't go overboard with it. just because no one likes your posts doesn't mean they don't like you. They just didn't click like. That's it. Most people just skim their facebook feed on their phones to see what's up with people, not to necessarily give one particular person attention. 
I may follow your advice, I'm stronger now anyway. (lol)