Imsomia emergency (need help asap)

Ok so I take meds to sleep and my parents are divorced. I just realized my meds got left of my dads. No one will answer the phone and I haven't ever been able to sleep without em. I can't drive either. I'm gonna have to go without them tonight but I have work tomorrow and I'd rather not be totally exhausted...what should I do?
Comments21
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do you have any friends who can drive you?

If things go poorly and you can't get your medicine, you should contact work and ask your higher up what you should do. Going to work sleep deprived is dangerous unless you work in an office cubicle or a padded room.
I was able to sleep at least a little bit. I had to take a benodryl for some allergies and it helped a bit. I work in the public library. There are a few of my duties that would be hard to complete without proper sleep.
Drink until you pass out.
Although then you might not wake up on time for work...
I'm not legal anyhow
Umm, do you have any chamomile tea?
Unfortunately not. 
I don't know if this will work for you or not, but sometimes when I put ice on the back of my neck ( for a ruptured disc ), one of the things I noticed is that it makes me sleepy. You can try an ice pack for awhile but don't sleep with it on. Just for like 10 or 12 minutes. Just use a ziploc with some ice and make sure to wrap it in a hand towel or dish towel so you don't have it directly on your skin.
Ice has always woke me up personally
It should also be noted that my mom isn't home to go get it. She's off hell knows where with her motorcycle group.
Do you practice good sleep hygiene? The fact that you're on the computer right before what I'm guessing is your bedtime suggests not :s

I would assume you tried stuff before jumping to pills though....
Well I'm not going to bed just yet I just want a solution within a couple hours of when I plan to go to bed in case it takes time to implement.
I have had insomnia since I was very little. It was something I've always dealt with. 
Same here. Again, good sleep hygiene. And yeah, it does take time to kick in, because one of the steps is 'don't hang out near a bright light or otherwise fuck up your suprachiasmatic nucleus within an hour and a half of bedtime.'
I've tried many many things over the years to get off my sleeping meds I haven't had much luck.
It's not easy or even always possible s:
What irks me is I take a really small dose of medicine so I keep hoping I can go without but in the past I haven't had much luck.
What else do you do to help?
View all replies