How to hide self harm cuts on thighs

Yes, I cut, It helps with my anxiety to let go, anyway, how do I hide them? Do I just wear pants, or do I tell them My cat scratched me..? 

don't judge, it helps me
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey, I used to cut in exactly the same place so I promise I won't judge you. It's a struggle to keep myself from tracing back over my old scars, I'll tell ya. Of course I'd rather you didn't hurt yourself, but if you don't want people ogling your marks just choose clothing that covers the spots. I have to wear boys swimming trunks whenever I'm at the beach or whatever, and I just wear opaque leggings when I have shorter skirts. If it's hot and you have a really cute dress or skirt you really want to wear, you could try some makeup. But never, never apply makeup over open wounds because they could get infected. Take good care of your marks because blood infections are a very serious matter. Please keep them disinfected and bandage them properly if you absolutely cannot stop yourself from cutting. 

I won't pretend to know what you're going through, but I will say that I know how it feels to have anxiety of this level. Don't hesitate to send me a note if you ever need someone to talk to. Keep your chin up high and you'll get through this time in your life.

stay positive, 
Misty
Well, let me tell you from experience... the marks never go away. You can't hide them unless you do wear pants- and tanning will only make them stand out more.  What I started doing instead of self harm was started boxing, it releases steam easier and my anxiety went away. If you do make a cut, then quickly treat it to make it heal better- that way you don't end up with scars- because believe me, looking back at it now, I regret every single mark I've made.
Besides seeking help for your anxiety, you could find tights that don't cover your whole legs.
If you must cut, wear pants. If you can't wear pants, put foundation and compact powder over it kinda thickish so it fades it out. Never say an animal did it. No one ever believes that story.

-the girl who did that, got caught, and lied and said an animal did it.
You could wear tights or leggings to hide them for now. What you should do is buy a product that will help the scars fade. Emu oil, for example, will treat and prevent scarring and isn't all that expensive. I think a better question to ask would be for healthier ways to deal with anxiety. The relief you feel now is only short lived. Maybe you can try some deep breathing exercises, yoga, bubble baths, or expressing your emotions more in your art and journal. :hug:
Cutting is not healthy and will not help you in the long run. Find out ways to help your anxiety.
If you want sympathy or support, it's okay. People will call you an attention-seeker, but it's okay to need attention.

And I'm sure you know perfectly well how to wear clothes on your legs. :L
Comment Flagged as Spam
Comment Flagged as Spam
That's me on a good day. I'm feeling pretty good today.
I assume you're just a kid in need of attention.
I also assume you're smart enough to figure out that you need to wear pants so that answers your question.
Now onto other things.

People that cut tend to hide it all of the time.
Even online.
I don't care either way so don't come back at me telling me how you're a REAL cutter.
I don't give a shit.

In case you really are, here's some free advice.
Anxiety is a mental disorder.
Trying to cover it with a physical act is an act in futility.

In order to truly overcome it you must change your thinking.
Fortunately it's pretty easy to do that.

I've dealt with anxiety for quite a few years and I feel like I might be able to help you out.
For starters, you can get past it. I know that might seem impossible but you really can.

Everybody is different but we are all the same in some areas. 

What a person thinks, their mind will feed on. That's very important. If you're actively involved in your mood you'll find great changes can take place right away.

If you're anxious and don't do anything about it your mind will just feed off of the anxiety and it will get worse.

Here's what I did to completely turn my anxiety around. I just started by thinking in a positive way. It's hard at first but the more you do it the better you'll feel. Tell yourself that you're happy. Don't tell yourself that you're NOT depressed. Your subconscious mind doesn't deal well with negative words.

Just tell yourself that you're happy and calm and try to FEEL it. Not in the future but right now. Always now. Try to focus on the thought and the feeling with strong intent.

Tell yourself that you're beyond anxiety then picture how it feels to be without it. Picture the feeling in great detail. Feel how you can finally relax and not have any worry over anxiety. Use your imagination like when you were a child.

It doesn't matter if you believe any of this. Just start doing it and you'll find that you can fake it until you make it.

Do this of often as you can. More importantly do it whenever you feel negative or anxious thoughts creeping in. Try to be completely aware of your thinking and begin to change it.

You have complete control over your thoughts. Remember, what your mind thinks it will feed on. Think positive and your mind will feed on it. Always remember to picture the feeling don't just repeat words in your mind. This will get your right brain involved too. 

With both sides of your brain involved your new thoughts will quickly become part of your subconscious mind.
When this happens true changes can and will happen very quickly.

I hope this helps.
If I can help any further just let me know.

Take care,
Bladen

Well stop cutting. :shrug::shrugh: That'll help.
*Insert obligatory advice on how you should *really* talk to somebody to help you find ways to work through your anxiety in a healthy and far more effective manner.

I'd go with the pants. These days, those excuses don't fool anyone.
If you do it high enough you could still wear shorts... Please feel better...