Closed to new replies
April 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 75

How do I know if I'm ugly?

:iconxmorbid-heartx:
xMorbid-Heartx Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2013
I'm serious. For a while I've had a hard time finding a boyfriend (it seems like the only guys I have gone out with were completely desperate for a girlfriend). And I know if I ask family/friends they will shower me with compliments and just say it's because I'm shy or I need to get out more. But guys won't even go anywhere near romantic relationships with me. Guys won't even approach me. Maybe it's my personality or maybe I'm just physically unattractive. How do I figure out if I'm ugly? (please no "eye of the beholder" stuff)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconused-rugs:
used-rugs Featured By Owner May 2, 2013   General Artist
unfortunately, you'll prob never know unless you meet an objective person who cannot lie. that being said, if you don't want to hear beauty is in the eye of the beholder (which i think its stupid too), what people think is 'beautiful' DOES differ, people will have certain tastes/preferences according to culture, time, race, fetishes etc.

the easiest way to objectively know i guess is to find some face symmetry app/website where you upload a pic of your face, and tell you how symmetrical it is etc.

i just googled it, and you can try the site they suggest : [link]
:iconnicolettethestrange:
Nicolettethestrange Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013
Also: Attraction of the opposite sex has nothing to do with 'looks'. Dunno if you've ever noticed, but couples tend to draw like a magnet towards people who posses similar outlooks on life, personalities and life goals or at least one of these combinations.

As you get older (not sure how old you are but i'm assuming you're still a teenager) the more you realize your interests and goals and work on these the more like minded people you'll meet. The more likely you are to meet guys who find you attractive when you're doing this, because you're in an environment where they'll not only recognise your outer beauty but they'll also see your 'inner' beauty too which is the thing the glue that binds couples together.
:iconnicolettethestrange:
Nicolettethestrange Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013
Be yourself. Learn to see the positive attributes you have and find physical features YOU like about yourself. When you wake up in the morning look at these physical features in the mirror and remind yourself you like these (until it sets in that you are attractive). Focus on all your positive traits and don't worry so much about finding a boyfriend. In-fact the less you focus on it the more guys will find you attractive because you're not actively looking to be with someone you're just being you and that's what guys like most more than anything else. =)

:iconabmot:
Abmot Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013
why do you care? in the end you will always be chosen by your personal values.

also, what if you find out that you >FEEL< ugly, then what? you gonna isolate yourself in your home untill you die?

looks is nothing man.
:icondeusmaisro:
DeusMaisro Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013  Student Digital Artist
you're ugly is a size extra-large doesn't fit, at least to me.
:iconwebkinzagirl:
webkinzagirl Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013
If you won't accept "eye of the beholder," would "different tastes" be satisfactory? I'll be with my mom or my sister and one will say, "That guy is really hot/handsome." And I will look and find them rather mediocre. Same with magazines voting on Best Looking Celebs; I might just not find them physically attractive.

I've never sought a romantic relationship (not yet, anyway), and for a long time I figured I would probably end up "forever alone." I didn't think myself very attractive. But guess what? I was asked out by a guy who did.

People will like what they like, and one man's trash is another man's treasure. :)
:icondakotadante:
DakotaDante Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013
Since we have no idea what you look like, then we can't really give you an answer, now can we?
:iconmelibee1323:
melibee1323 Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is kinda a funny question. "Pretty" vs "ugly" is a very superficial thing that complys to societal norms, not what is the true versions of 'pretty' and 'ugly'. Like many of the commenters before me have said, the truth of the mater is that true beauty is in the personality, just as true ugliness is. We may see actors or people in our lives as the societally accepted form of a pretty outward appearance, but in reality, they may be the ugliest people of all due to vanity and self-centeredness.
True beauty is found within. Just remember that.
:iconjustieno-hall:
justieno-hall Featured By Owner Apr 26, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
what do you look like?
:iconiaiarose:
IaiaRose Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
You're not going to believe it... but no one is ugly. It sounds more like lack of confidence in yourself. I didn't have a serious boyfriend until my 20s, because I waited for the right person. Many of my friends did the same thing. Now I'm getting married. The rest of my friends who I used to envy for always having a boyfriend or girlfriend? They're still single!
Add a Comment: