Closed to new replies
February 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 71

Why are relationships so important?

:iconneoxe:
Neoxe Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So after some personal business with my now ex girlfriend, I came to the conclusion that I will no longer go and get a relationship. If someone asks me out, I will politely turn them down. I had some friends find this out, and they tried talking me out of it. In the process of doing so, a lot of them got frustrated at me. My question is simply this; Why are relationships so damn important? Why can't I just live my life without a spouse/girlfriend or whatever and just have my friends to help me?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwirejeweller:
You're in an emotional and mental place right now where you want to try out not being in a relationship, and that's fine. The decision, if you ever decide to change it, is changeable.

Until then, be happy!
:iconelmida:
I've been single for about 6/7 years now and I've really embraced it by now. All of my friends and my sister are having dramatic relationship trouble, have to arrange everything with their significant other while I just sit there and do whatever I want and nobody nags at me. I love it. I used to worry a bit about being single but now I honestly don't really give a poot. Relationships are only "important" because somehow biologically we have to reproduce.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
they're not important and you can live a happy life without one. Society just likes to think that everyone should have a significant other and those who choose to remain single are labeled "losers". Well fuck that shit you're living your life for yourself not society, so if you don't want any part in relationships, that's your decision. It's too bad people can't respect the decisions of others.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Feb 25, 2013  Student Photographer
i guess it depends of persons but personally I hate being single, I just need someone to love, to give my affection to, to simply care about someone even if it means having not as much liberty
:iconsingagainsoon:
singagainsoon Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A lot of people I know put a good deal of value into relationships, and keep trying to put me with people, even though I have no interest in relationships right now. I'd rather concentrate on graduating next year, saving for my car/college, and I'm happier by myself anyway. Much less stress.

Don't let people try to push you into something you don't want. Do what makes you happy.
Neoxe Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Right. Although I'm thinkng of maybe reconsidering my choice..
:iconsingagainsoon:
singagainsoon Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If that's what you want, then I say go for it.
:iconferdafs:
Ferdafs Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I think its important to have a girlfriend/spouse because she is the only person that might love you as much as you love yourself and she might be the only person that you love more than yourself.
Neoxe Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I understand. I just don't want to be hurt again..I'm really getting tired of it..
:iconponyfluff:
You will get hurt no matter what you do. Welcome to reality and life itself, kiddo! :dummy:
Add a Comment: