Details

Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33
:iconhalonut117:
halonut117 Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
okie dokie, here goes. diagnosed with depression a while back and put on meds and into therapy. the problem? the meds don't do shit anymore and the therapy didn't help one bit.

I've always been told to ask for help if I needed it and that's what I did. Didn't work though did it? no... asked my doctor and he just gave me some more useless pills, asked for therapy or counselling or whatever and they said "we'll be in touch" that was months ago. asked my parents and they got mad so no help there. I would ask my friends but they don't know how to help so I ask you, what now?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkomapsunida:
Komapsunida Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had mild depression in 2011 but maybe it is a different situation to you.

I forced myself to draw. loads of drawing. LOADS. For me at least that was my solution and it has helped me out a lot.

That and having a change of scene^^ e.g. I moved to London, new job, new flat, new circes. That helped^^

good luck mdear xoxo
:iconkomapsunida:
Komapsunida Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Didn't help that I was in s-Korea at the time where generally speaking depression is either looked down on on ignored sooo it was pretty much a self-help programme haha'''
:icon2lazy2talk:
2lazy2talk Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
change doctors. Some are in for the money, others are legit.
Apart from that, medication only helps, you need to complete it with a healthy diet and exercise.
:iconth3-f4ll3n:
Th3-F4ll3n Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
Ive had depression all my life. Its bad, but probably not as bad it could be. I just wake up some days without the will to get washed, i eat too much some times just cus I don't care, alcahol doesn't do an awful lot and since being unemployed as well its added to the mix. I wish you the best ameigo, cus I can't help myself let alone you.
halonut117 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks anyway chief, hope things get better for you
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
I'm going to tell you a terribly hard truth:

I have had probably about 8 different psychiatrists
and probably 15 different therapists.

7 of the 8 psychiatrists were pretty much useless.

13 of the 15 therapists were the same.

Regarding mental health there really is an extremely small amount of good help out there. Some people are helped by this bad help, not because of the therapy or drugs, but because of the placebo effect, or because of other factors in their life.

If you really want to get good mental health, look very hard. The way I found good help: I found some people who were sane and wise, and I got them to recommend me my current doctors.

good help may cost you more. alternately, it may not. but be warned. sometimes it is worth a little extra money to get decent mental health help.

besides that I'll add another thing. all sane mental health professionals will (quite correctly) say to you that the help they offer is only a small part of handling your mental illness (if your professional says otherwise, drop them immediately and replace them with someone else) So, If you really want to be healthy, do not start to think your problem will be solved by a mental health professional. as a rule, they will not do miracles. they will only help with one corner of your mental illness. Do go to them, but keep this in mind, to fix the rest of your problem, you will/may need to do some or all of the following:

1. wait. some mental illnesses are aggrevated by current circumstances, or by the stresses of puberty or whatever. some symptoms may decrease or go away given time.
2. Bring order into your life. this may take the form of: social groups you associate with. religion you associate with. Self-discipline. A reliable job. Doing your homework. Respecting your parents. etc.
3. Finding emotional balance in your life. read: learning not to take yourself seriously.
4. Associating with good friends.
5. Removing yourself from association with bad friends.
6. Any number of other healthy habits, to numerous for me to name.

I am rooting for you.

SoF
cheers
:icongodofimagination:
godofimagination Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
It took me awhile to find the right meds. Stay busy. I'm here to talk if you need me.
you'd do that? for a stranger?
:icongodofimagination:
godofimagination Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Yes.
Add a Comment: