stressed...talk to me?

I made a lengthy journal post but, the main thing I'm getting now is heavy amounts of stress on lifestyle changes. I have suffered from horribly low self esteem for almost my entire life (I'm currently 22) and I have Zero self worth. So these days, trying to add more to myself and not be so self-hated is unnatural to me. I also have to be much more mature with what I'm doing with my life. So yeah, it's really soul-crushing for me and I have been fighting against it and trying to do it. So, anyone mind talking to me? :s
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You should stop focusing on the negative aspect of your personality and work on making what's good in you even better! :dummy:
Sure you can talk to me =)

Sorry to hear that you have problems with esteem. I know what that's like myself, especially when everyone around you seems to be accomplishing things and living great lives. Well, what I found is that people only display what they want other people to see. Yeah, they may be accomplishing things, but you never see the process they took to get there. Only the end result. And this is where things get interesting. Did they cheat to get where they are? Or did they work hard for it?

If you can, perhaps you can make a friend out of someone who works hard for their stuff, and see what they do to get where they are. Once you see the process, you may be able to do it too! Since there is really no limit on accomplishing things. If one person can do it, so can another. If one person can make something, another person can unmake it. I'm sure you have many gifts and talents of your own that you can apply to problems before you.

For what its worth, I'm impressed that you founded a group with 150 members currently. You should be too.
yeah thanks, but not to be a cynic but some mysterious holes come up in my case.
First off, my group...I honestly can just say it's popular more because it's utilizing an anime doll maker flash game in which you can make as much perverted crap as you want (as I have done) but the second thing is, I do have friends who firmly planted in what they do, I have been lurking around dA for +5 years now and in that space of time, I got an irl friend to join, he posted stuff, got better, and now has a 300+ page comic done. what do i have? a few hundred deleted accounts, and boob art. It's a little frustrating how I seem to lose a grip when I try a few different hobbies... =_=
You're focusing too much on other people. You need to look in the mirror and tell yourself that you can do things too. The more time you spend worrying about other people, is the lesser amount of time you have to work on things you want to accomplish.

I'll let ya in on something, that irl friend of yours? There are loads and loads of people MUCH better then him. There always are. So even he is struggling to make his name in the world. But that doesn't stop him from trying. He has realized that all he has to do is IGNORE the successes of other people, and just do the best HE can do.

Umm, well now then. You're good at drawing boobs, right? That's cool, but what else can you do with them? Can you design creatures out of boobs? Or invent new angles and poses for breast shots? The idea is to take what you can do, and explore the shit out of it. You may find other talents along the way, and just to be clear - there is no exact "definition" of art. Take a look at the bottom of this page, and tell me if any two DD's look alike to you.

I think one of the more interesting artists I have seen on DA specializes in photo-manipulation. He likes to take pictures of people and make them headless. Or put the head in another area of the body, like the person's ankle or belly button. Strange, but creative. He may not know how to do much more, but that doesn't stop him from trying, and from exploring all that he can do with what he can do.
Maturity blahhhhh :D. Growing up is optional, Growing old is inevitable. I have kind of been fighting against it also. I moved to Calgary for two months it allowed me to do a little soul searching on what I want to do with my life.
I got a job in a supermarket to pay the bills and in my spare time was out riding my mountain bike and photographing wildlife in the -20 degree weather. My passion is nature photography always has been. Worth doesn't weigh heavily on me too much as I have always distanced myself from it by going out adventure seeking and keeping myself occupied.

Seems like you need motivation. What inspires you?
not sure of that these days...music usually, but also really random sources like Egoraptor, Magic the Gathering, and yeah. =/
seems like you need some inspiration mate. Join some drawing clubs, try something new. When I felt like that I went out earned some money and bought a motocross bike to trail ride in the mountains. Kept me sane and happy. I made a lot of new friends in the process also. Hope this helps,
Michael R
a lot of things =_=
i'm trying to put a full face-lift on my life but it's not so easy obviously.
hmmm.. yea, i've tried to do that before. my thought would be: a surgeon who does a face lift is an expert, and also he's someone else. I doubt any surgeon would ever perform a facelift on himself.

If you want to alter your face (life) I think healthiest thing would be to be humble and realize that you can only alter your life a little bit at a time. it takes years to really change a person. (unless some outside factor changes them, like the metaphorical surgeon). so be patient with yourself.

I say this because from my own experience, I used to be so hard on myself, and while its true that I had and have a lot of flaws, trying to fix them all at once is impractical and doesn't work. (caused me a lot of problems when i tried to change my life) you need to work on yourself in small ways over time. this method is much healthier.
Well I have a book I can recommend. Unseen Academicals By terry Pratchett. you can download it as an audiobook. It is a lot about a creature seeking worth in society. It helped me a lot, I used to only feel "worth" when I was working very hard. I did not think I had other qualtites that people could like.

I hope you will find what other things till make you feel valuable. I know there will be a lot of things, but since I don't know you I can't really help much with the specifics.
When I was a teen I had very little self worth myself. And because of that I hated everything and everyone. I was a rebel, a hater of authority, and did my best to make others lives as miserable as mine was. Then one day I died, literally, and when I awoke from a coma I also woke up to see life as something fantastic. I learned that in spite of how I hated myself and my life, and my family, there were ones who still loved me. It was like I became a new person, seeing all the people who cared - Doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and of course the family I had hated. I wouldn't recommend dying in order to see that you have value but you are one of a kind. There are no other you's around. So instead of feeling low about yourself, there are ways to find self worth and make you feel good about yourself. You can volunteer. Give of yourself and expect nothing in return and you will reap self worth. Volunteer for Loaves and Fishes, Habitat for Humanity, a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. An animal rescue place,or a retirement home. And I know they have volunteers who wheel people in hospitals around in wheel chairs and out of the hospital on their discharge. I mean the chances for volunteering are endless. And these are the people who get no write ups in the paper as others do about their donations of money. But they give more than money, they give of their selves, and they feel good doing it.
i see. thanks for your insight.
so what is the topic of interest?
music? animals?
maybe. @_@
kinda in the mode where I feel my brain's fanbelt burned up so now I'm all "burburburdahdahdahdah".
ok, it doesn't have to make sense, as long as it'll make you feel better,
let's start,
HUGRGRGRGRGRBRGRGBRRRGRBRGRBRGRGRBRGRBRLRRRRRRRRRRRNNN!
same here even went depressed for some time doesn't help that i suffer insomnia and thinking of death made me have nightmares , you wanna talk then i'm all ears
ok, I'll note you.
I will talk to you. I'm was pretty much the same situation til I decided that I'm not going to let people make me feel bad.

What would you like to talk about?
well note me then, unless you don't mind IMing on Yahoo...I think I really need to talk about lifestyle choices.