Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 62

valentines day is coming..yay ><

:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student Photographer
its corny, I know but what day is the best day for some people, its like a nightmare for single ppl like me. Valentines day is so focused on marketing nowadays rather than on what it should be about and anyway I think (and I might be wrong about it) but when you love someone, you love this person all the year and its not only at this day that you realise it.During the previous valentines day, i was like so down from moral view that I wanted to close myself in the toulets and just cry out.. I know some of you might come with "dont make such a big thing, its just a freakin celebration that lasts only one day!" Well yeah.. but this day is kinda the worst, as having no chances to get any roses even less any message from secret admirator ofc.
any hints how to "survive" this day? ;/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshadee:
shadee Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
By listening to music! [link] :)
:iconprosiax:
Prosiax Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
You'll be fine being miserably single sweetie :)
Zetikla Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Student Photographer
thanks ><
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconiknowthatfeelbroplz:
thanks
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
Have a rose delivered to wherever you are and pretend you have a beautiful Austrian Lover. :iconbellaplz:
that really help, thanks
:iconlukasbennett:
lukasbennett Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Photographer
wine and ice cream???

people react differently and want different things. its depending on your preferences.

go out with your single friends and have a "we hate valentines" night out.

just block out any thought it exsists.

occupy yourself with somthing to distract you
:iconcailst:
Cailst Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
Or go somewhere public, sell Singing Valentines(4-6 songs), and then sing to the people who have received those Singing Valentines. It's great seeing a smile brought to the face of the recipient. Often works well when done in a large group.
was thinking about that too actually
:iconangelsdead:
AngelsDead Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
its just a adversing day.
stores sell everything under the name "valentine" soo
I would just igore it if I where you.

Im not such a big fan of it either.

All I will get are roses (white and red)
at least you hopefully got something why I didnt
:iconangelsdead:
AngelsDead Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Its just what you agreed with your bf or gf

Next year we both wont give eachother presents!

It aint about the presents but avout showing eachother that you love eachother
:iconkeychain-xiii:
keychain-XIII Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, the way people have marked valentine's day, it's basicaly treating the one you love with the best you can give.

Now you love yourself, right? I should hope so. Just treat yourself to what you like best. And if there's someone you love, be it a crush, a friend or family, well feel free to treat them with the best you can give. That's what I think anyway.
It's not mandatory, I should say. You don't have to participate if you really don't want to. Just make sure to have a marshmallow gun for the people who want to rub it in.
hehe, well said XD
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
I never worried about valentine when I was single... I never celebrated it when I was in a relationship.

Really, people making a big deal out of Valentines day is getting rather annoying.

Don't call it Valentines day, don't call it single awareness day - call it "eat chocolate because it's good"-day!
sounds good X)
:iconm-g-studio:
M-G-Studio Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
If you passed down the street with a house full of balloons where a kid was celebrating their birthday, would you need tips on how to survive that? No.
So I think the problem is that you psychologically hold Valentine's Day as something really special. Once you let go of that thought, there will be no more trigger that will make you feel bad. Some people are cheated on, broken up or even divorced on or around that day. The people that celebrate and are all up in your face with roses and chocolates they got from their parther's will probably have that relationship fail eventually. You shouldn't take that day so literal, people make it what it is. By thinking that such a day is so special and by allowing yourself to hurt, you're only giving more power to a stupid holiday.

It's a day like any other and people choose to decorate that day with hearts and roses, that's it. You don't need a survival guide, you just need to readjust your perspective.
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
"Whhehhh wheehhh wheehhh Valentine is commercial, whhehh wehhhhh Christmas is commercial whhhehh Easter is commerciall whhheehh!" Stop your fucking whining and if you don't want to partake in it, DON'T BUY ANY OF THEIR SHIT AND IT'S DONE.
Zetikla Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Photographer
it wasnt my main point and maybe have some style sir
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
What sir?
try not to drop the f-bomb to often, its really rude
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
In what part of the world is that still rude?
:iconvuk-91:
vuk-91 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Single awareness day, or lets poop on singles nouth while they call for help day would fit better
meh im not as agressive
:iconahkward:
Ahkward Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
I do not even understand why single people worry about it. You do not have to be in a relationship to be a happy person. I am single and could care less about Valentine's Day. For me, it is a day that I get to be around friends, or have the day to myself to work on a personal project. Maybe watch a movie or treat myself to a really good dinner or a movie I have wanted to see. You are not less of a person just because you are single.
its not that being less, but being less in, how to say,emotionally
Ahkward Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional General Artist
Not being part of a group? Not being involved?

Well, I guess the best advice I could give on that is to say that humans are naturally social creatures. It's evolutionary, and you shouldn't be worried about it. I'm sure you are still young, and you will have your time. Don't rush into things. But rushing into things, you may not see things clearly.

You will find that right time, person and place. You may not know it, but it will come. It comes for everyone. :3
I know I shouldnt rush but my situation feels more and more gross
Ahkward Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
gross? Interesting way to put it
I mean its getting more and more annoying
Ahkward Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
D: Well, something I have learned, is that how you feel about something inside. It maybe be projected outside. Maybe that energy is reaching people and they feel it... so maybe that may be "pushing" people away for lack of a better phrase?
idk really
(1 Reply)
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Writer
I don't have a date this year for Valentine's Day, so I just booked a day at the spa. I also plan on eating chocolate.

In short - treat yourself! Do something that makes you feel good, whether it be buying yourself a cupcake from the corner bakery or spending the day making some art or watching a movie you've been wanting to see.
I guess..thanks for your reply
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Writer
:shrug: Well, if it makes you feel better, my cousin found out his wife was cheating on him a few Valentines Days ago. He divorced her, but that's still probably the shittiest Valentines Day I've heard of.
aww poor guy
:iconmichaelrowlandson:
MichaelRowlandson Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Photographer
My valentines day is going to be spent on a long walk with my camera woot woot. Nature photography has its upside.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Might wanna seal yourself off from the rest of the world for the day and listen to music/watch your favorite movies/do whatever it is you do that lifts your mood. Then come out of hiding the next day and take advantage of all the discounted candy!
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013   Digital Artist
Go to the bar and socialize with other single people. Maybe you'll get lucky.
:icontrampire:
Trampire Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Valentine's day is so focused on marketing? It's what you make it out to be, it holds the importance you give it!!!!
:iconb-lue:
B-lue Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
I never had long lasting relationship in my life,six months was longest i had,and never had during V day... what does that mean? More money in my pocket :lol:

I'm thinking to start flowers bussines and sell roses on that day :)

So solution for me is sarcasm.
I tried with that approach too but more I try to ignore it, the less i cant
:iconrenegadeofpeace:
renegadeofpeace Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
The only reason I'm angry at Valentines day is that the entire friggin' country goes apeshit that "LOLOLOLOLOOOL DAY OF LOVE, I HRUV YOU!!" but everyone forgets that it's poor old me's name day. :iconokayfaceplz:

Don't make a big deal about it, it is nothing moe than a glorified marketing whoring of flower & gift shops and confectionary companies, the importance of affection and true love shouldn't revolve around a single day but 24/7/365.
thats what Im saying, still feel shitty, I know im overreacting it but meh
:iconanimegirlmika:
AnimeGirlMika Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
I have never had a problem with V-day, whether I was in a relationship or not, because my family always celebrated it as a day to appreciate ALL your loved ones, not just husband/wife/etc. I've already received a Valentine's card from my grandma this year ^^ So I think you could easily turn the day around if you focus on showing affection to friends and family. Send cards to your friends, buy chocolates for your parents, no one (who matters) EVER said Valentine's Day is strictly for couples.
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student Writer
Is the problem that it's too commercial or that you're not in a relationship?

Former: welcome to the modern world!

Latter: many of us aren't in a relationship. I had a break up last week. I'm still not that fussed about Valentine's Day.
its just that Im kinda affection hungry
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
You're not the only one, but valentine's day isn't that special either way. Instead of using it as a reason to pity yourself, work on finding a way to get the affection you want. Life favours the proactive, not the passive.
I know that, but didnt really had the time to be honest with school/work and other shits in my neck
Add a Comment: