Can you all help me out with this maybe?

[link]

Hi all the page in the link describes the situation exactly how it is. Can you at least check it out?

everything counts...
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this forum is about seeking advice from others on personal issues. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
Not one of you has ever wished upon a star? I was just putting it out to the universe to help fund something that is hard to acquire. None of you think I'm not saving my nickels for it myself? It's not begging, its fundraising to start a business to fill a niche in my area that is not filled. The bands I get to photograph starting up aren't going to be the Rolling Stones, they are going to be locals who are quite talented might I add. Sebastian Owl are full time musicians who pay rent playing gigs. Far from a garage band I might think. And with contacts to a few local club owners I can possibly photograph much higher caliber musicians when they come to town IF I get better gear with low light performance.

Someone could help but instead you all piss on it. That old saying comes to mind, "If you have nothing good to say say nothing at all"
Sorry I'm about $250k in debt pulling my ass through school so I can have a real job instead of depending on people via begging.
I'm sorry if I sound rude, but really...If you want something you've gotta work for it, not wait for someone to spoon-feed it to you.
First you want me to click on a link? You're asking alot pal...
Then you want me to give you money to buy stuff I'll never use? I only donate money to stuff I get to play with too. Like drugs.
And then you're going to use this photography equipment shoot more pictures of your bearded Canadian garage band? That's where I draw the line, hippie.
What's pink, naked and lying??
There are so many ways I could answer that, I don’t even know where to begin.
If you can't use what you have to take interesting pictures, better equipment isn't going to help you. Even I know that much about photography. You get the better gear when you have done well enough with what you have to impress people and raise the money for it.

The camera doesn't make the photographer. Skill makes the photographer. I'm not sure why I should use my hard earned money to fuel your lack of skill.
Anyone else maybe want to take a look? It's all laid out pink and naked no lies at the link in my original post.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't reply then if you have no intention of being helpful.
I’d appreciate it if you’d learn to use the reply feature and not post inappropriate requests. This belongs in your journal. :)
Just look at the site, its what you get to work with. Honestly the hostility is uncalled for. There is no difference on where I reply either the message is sent.
Yes, dumbass. It does matter. And having the attitude that you shouldn’t have to adhere to the set way a forum is run isn’t going to make anyone flock to your cause.

I’m tend to be hostile when someone thinks I should give them what I worked for and doesn’t provide a decent reason.
You don't have to donate. All I ask is for a few kind souls to help me out with starting a business and breaking away from working under someone else? How is that not reasonable? How is that not asking for all three things you listed, food, electricity, a mortgage?

Thank you for reading it anyways.
Because if you’re going to ask people to give of their hard earned money, you need to make a better case than you have. That’s what I’m saying.

Next time use the reply button.
So you want other people who work for their money to give it to you to buy photography equipment. Not rent, or electricity or food, which would be a reasonable request. I don’t even…
You got TOLD, but the OP didn't use the reply button. Just wanted to let you know :3