Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

I feel I chose the wrong university...

:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I feel I chose the wrong university (ITESM)...and it's too late to change it.

I am in the best and most expensive private university on mexico but... on insight they are still new teaching my carreer law (only ten years) and I have very little classmates (a lot left the career) in 2 classes we are just 10!

I am even scared that they will close my carrer and I will be the be the guy that studied in a university that isn't teaching my carrer anymore or that doesn't excel at law.

I will talk with a teacher that has a a daughter who is a classmate of mine to know if I didn't totally screw up. But right now I feel awful because it has been super-expensive for all my family to pay my tuition :(. I will finish my career in 2 years btw!

I honestly believed I was in a good school. But now I feel like I ruined my life and my family life :(

"Please don't tell me I should have had done a better research" that certainly doesn't help.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjds-photo:
JDS-photo Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I understand how you feel. Over here in the UK, the college/university thing is different. I'm in the middle of choosing my firm university choice with UCAS for business, and even though people say 'You should do some research about your universities etc', it really doesn't help much. I know from the last year that statistics don't always reflect what you get. For example, my local university has a bad reputation amongst employers, yet they have an excellent business school. And during 6th form, I took a course with supposedly 'one of the best schools' in the area, which they literally just started teaching, so the tutors didn't know what they had to teach half of the time.

If you're really passionate about law/career, then just study hard. Even if it means looking for alternative sources outside of the class such as books or online websites (it is possible. I had to travel a few miles just to get some books for exams which I never done before, which were a week away, and I learned a surprising amount within that time), and like =LittleSardines said, build a very strong portfolio.
:iconlittlesardines:
LittleSardines Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Filmographer
A similar thing happened to me - I chose to go to a school that had a few really good programs, but the one I chose was very weak, and actually lost nearly all the teachers at the start of my second year. All I can say is work hard - get internships, get good grades, create a strong portfolio/resume, and try your best to set up a job (possibly though and internship) before you graduate.
I'm not a law student, obviously - but I know in my field (and I would imagine others as well), it's not as much about the school you went to as it is about the strength of your resume/portfolio when you submit it to a company.
Add a Comment: