Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Can't do anything right

:iconzuryuku:
zuryuku Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
I know this might sound like something that I have nothing to worry about, but I don't feel like I can do anything right anymore.

I've always felt like I've been the blame for anything at this point, whither I've been out too late with friends or my grades being not as good as they should have been, but I feel like there's just a hole in me now. I've lost interest in the things I did all the time like drawing and gaming. I've tried taking up new things to try and cheer myself up like watching MLP on a friend recomendation or playing LoL and starcraft but even then I feel like crap because I like them and am made fun of for liking it or not good at it.

My boyfriend always tells me that I have nothing to be sad about because of the home I have, loving parents (one is away all the time and the other seems to like to nitpick), and that I'm in college and should be happy. But it makes me feel worse for it. I know he's just trying to help, but I feel more like a burden for it.

Is this normal or is it just in my head? I just don't know what to do any more.

Sorry this was so long, I'm just looking for some answers.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconanimegirlmika:
AnimeGirlMika Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
Everyone has already provided great advice for you but I'd also like to add that I used to have a similar problem when I was in my teens but instead of suffering from severe disinterest, I was angry all the time, at everyone and everything and the smallest push could set me off. I found out, through happenstance, that it was my social environment that most heavily spurred my severe anger and my inability to deal with that anger. It was the people I was around and the home I was living in at the time; it was not a good place, it was a time in my life when the cops showing up at my home was a regular occurrence (not due to my actions but of those adults in the house at the time) and no one noticed the kids suffering. Once I finally got out of that place, different people, different house, it was like a veil lifted and I could finally see the world properly. That may sound stereotypical or cheesy, but it's absolutely true.

So my advice to you is: change your environment in whatever way you can. If you can move out on your own, consider doing so. Stay away from those people who make fun of you or tease you EVEN IN JEST. If possible, change schools. Your boyfriend sounds like a huge problem, it may be hard to part but I think breaking up and no longer seeing him would help immensely (and don't feel guilty about it!). I know how awful it feels to be so affected by a bad environment. Only you can tell what the worst part of it is and only you know what you can do to change it, but I wish you all the luck and courage you need to do so. I truly believe changing your environment will lift that veil from you, too!
:iconlorien077:
Lorien077 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Sounds like your bf is a real class act, invalidating your feelings and from the sounds of your replies abusing you. Because what he is doing is abuse. Dump him and see about making an appointment with a counselor or psychiatrist at your school.
:icongenerallulz:
GeNeRaLLuLz Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Ditch him
:iconthetaoofchaos:
thetaoofchaos Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   Writer
It sounds like you're depressed, though obviously a professional would need to diagnose that.  And I understand what you're saying about feeling like a burden when your boyfriend tries to remind you of all the reasons you have to be grateful - that's obviously not helping, because depression can be brought on by a variety of things such as hormonal, chemical imbalances.  Feelings that stem from a chemical imbalance are not prone to logic, so your boyfriend is not going to be able to reason it away for you.  On the other hand, I would like to point out that your boyfriend is (probably) not a mental health professional, and no matter how well intentioned he may be, it's not fair to him, or yourself, to expect him to resolve this for you.  If these feelings have persisted for a long time, it's time to seek an educated, outside opinion. 
:icontrampire:
Trampire Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Maybe you should consider seeing a therapist!!
He just won't leave the car until tell him what's wrong or he gets pulled out.

I guess i'd say either tell him that what he's doing isn't ok or get away from him for a while.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Exactly.

And a good way to avoid shouting, would be to be in a relatively good mood when you start, and make him promise to not interrupt.
Also, now that it's apparent he is acting like this, you must be completely clear that his behavior is unacceptable.

And, sweetie... :hug: if he keeps acting like this, it's best to get away. And not just for a while.
I've been feeling like I've driving on empty for a while though anyway. Even before this all started. I haven't been wanting to go anywhere, lost intrest in my favorite past times and other things. I earned the nickname "Raccoon" or "Gengirl" (I know it's a joke, besides I like gengars anyway) because they assume that I haven't been getting any sleep or just walking up to people out of seemingly nowhere at time and being really quiet, something that used to be out of character for me.

Is that normal?
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No, not really. It sounds like there a a few things going on with you. It's not like I can diagnose you with depression of any kind, but there are some indicators.
You could also have some nutritional needs, so seeing your doctor, and having your blood tested, is a good idea.
I haven't been to the doctor in quite a while anyway. >.>' I guess i should go.
Add a Comment: