Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Being a Disabled Artist

:iconvernfeathers:
VernFeathers Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello, I'm Vernfeathers and I am a disabled artist. I suffer from illness' known as Dysautonomia and Raynauds. I also suffer from chronic depression. I wanted to know if there were any other artists out there who are disabled. I would like to talk to you and maybe we can help each other out. I have been having a hard time and recently have considered giving up art because it has become so painful. If there is anyone out there who can help me out. Then please let me know.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Flagged as Spam
:iconchickengrandma:
Only one extra nipple? How quaint.
:iconbladenx:
Might be faster to ask who's NOT messed up.
We are artists after all.

Just keep on keepin' on.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i feel for u bro, im 100% service connected disabled with schizoaffective disorder.
:iconeuphoriarcane:
euphoriarcane Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am sorry to hear about your illness!
I don't know if you've heard of Liu Wie or Kun Shan Xie , but I find them to be amazing artists who don't let their limitations get in their way.
Please don't give up if art is what you love! :hug:
:iconvomitbear:
Don't give up on art, just do it slower and over longer periods of time.
Or get Oompa Loompas and yell at them to make you art:bucktooth:
:iconvernfeathers:
VernFeathers Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Okay, the Oompa Loompa idea is freaking hilarious!:rofl:

Any way, thank you. :nod::XD:
:iconmaritse:
Maritse Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear about your illness! I don't know what I would do, if it was me. I know I wouldn't feel worth, if I was no longer able to draw or paint. I'm sorry that I can't help you out, but you got my respect. I really hope things will get better for you and so you can continue to do art.
:iconreinahw:
ReinaHW Feb 13, 2013   Writer
Disabled as well, a learning disability and a physical one - extremely poor hand eye coordination which requires me to use constant effort and to endure constant pain in order to get my hands to work well.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm a disabled artist as well, suffer from mental illness and other conditions. It's always good to know you're not alone.
Add a Comment: