Closed to new replies
February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

POF- HRT (Elleste Duet Conti)

:iconkasimere:
Kasimere Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student Filmographer
Basically I developed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) at age 13… (I’m 17 now) Young I know, but eh- there’s no point dwelling on it.

The doctors put me on femoston conti.
Whilst on it, my periods began… Even though a asked numerous times to take a pill that didn’t give me periods… I mean, why’d I want thoughs when they mean nothing?

So, today I was given Elleste Duet Conti tablets (2mg)which mean higher risks of cancer yadda ya'- but the thing is, the leaflets are vague and aimed at 40+ women.

Like, it just says 'Weight changes'- what does that mean, yo? I don't wanna put on weight... I wanna loose weight.

It's not like I can go ask the doctors again. I went to them with this problem and they didn't even know what POF even was . They had to phone superiors to even suggest these new tablets.

Does anyone like, know anyone who takes these? I know it's a real fucking long shot. But meh, I wanna know first hand what they do.... I don't like all this hospital crap. I'd rather of just never said anything about it really.

Anti whiny bullshit- Boom, I've lost three stone. I finished reading 'Warm Bodies' AND I found calorie free mountain dew!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
Endeavor-To-Freefall Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
It can cause either weight gain or weight loss though I do not personally know what the parameters are to trigger either end of the spectrum. My mother took them but her weight didn't change at all, my aunt who also took them gained a stone during the process, both of which had similar activity levels. I assume you are dieting and not a whole lot of rigorous exercise as you told me it's difficult for you before (osteoporosis I think it was). If weight gain did occur it shouldn't be potent enough to set you back, it would most likely just slow your diet progress assuming you continue with it. While the side-effects are attributed to women over 40 they are just as applicable to you. It's not the age that matters, it's the menopause cycle itself and that age bracket is just a simpler guideline for the majority.

With that said, the doctors would have likely needed information from their superiors because POF is as far as I know a specialty subject. They would most certainly be able to advise you on the side effects of Ellest Duet Conti though it would have been neglectful of them to simply give you the drugs without consulting someone better informed.
It's not menopausal though. It's POF, they'res differences...
I swear to God if I put on weight I am stopping. I am not going through all this shit to have my diet ruined.
Differences in the conditions yes, but similarities in regards to the particular drug's interaction and effects.
Well, I just might... I dunno, I don't want to take these- at all.. It's vague and I can't get help unless I wait a good 4-5 months.
I can't really say what I'd do in your position, on the one hand your weight may not change at all and on the other it could, be it increase or decrease. It just depends whether or not it's worth the risk to you, at least until you can find somebody who can tell you for certain or at least give you clarity.
Uhum... Well, I figure if I could last without them.. I can do the same until I'm sure.
I'm inclined to agree. Nicely done with 3 stone by the way, that's loads.
Thanks, thanks :heart:
That's why I'm so eager to not gain it again.
Add a Comment: