I've been masturbating and now I feel bad...

We all at one point or another get sexual urges right? Well I've been having them often and when they hit, I usually just lie in bed and go nuts when everyone else is asleep. Yeah, it feels great releasing the tension and it makes for good stress relief, but is it okay for me to be doing so in the first place?
Let me clarify what I'm experiencing in a not that graphic manor.
Bed, mild warmth, touch, better touch, sweaty hot, orgasm, relaxing sensation after orgasm, cooldown, "Did I just do that?" moment, shame, moderate regret, curiosity if God is nodding lightly in shame at me and all others who play in the valleys or shine their flutes, inner debate about whether it's a sin to masturbate, think about health benefits (yes, it's proven it can be good for you... at least for men) to counter argument, have so many questions I don't know the answers to... repeat roughly 4-7 nights later.

I'd like as many of these questions answered as possible.
Am I committing a sin when I do this? Does the Bible say anything against masturbation?
Is there a way to combat the sexual urges effectively if I need to stop?
I do have a crush on my friend, and I think about him when I "goof off." Would it be okay to tell him?
Are there any health hazards, like STD's or infections you can get from playing by yourself?
Is it okay to feel guilty about this? Do you feel guilty if you do it too?
What if my desires get the better of me and lead to me acting a bit too sexy than my friend would be comfortable with?
If for some reason I should be pleasuring myself for my own benefit, how much is too much?

I'm sorry if this is something that is grossing you out, but this is pretty heavy on my conscious. I don't want to be upseting God by doing something I legitimately enjoy, but I'm worried about how else I'm going to express these sexual urges in a not sexual way
Comments162
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Masturbation is basically you exploring your own body and figuring out what you like and how you like it. God would never punish you for such a thing, why would he even give us the pleasure sensation if it was wrong to feel such a thing?
The only thing you have to make sure is that your hands are always clean, touching yourself with hands that either have lotion or are not clean (lotions have chemicals in them that might not be the best to get to such a sensitive place), such things can cause infections or much worse. Always keep your area and your hands clean.
Would an Admin who sees this please close this forum? My questions were answered about a week ago, and everyone is just saying the same thing. If anyone else is reading this, is there anyway to contact an admins I can close this forum? I don't think I can close it myself.
Masturbation is one of the little proofs that God gave us to show us that he loves us and wants us to be happy. Yes, this world is horrible at times, so he gives us little pleasures to make up for it. Candy, orgasms, true friends, etc,
Am I committing a sin when I do this? Does the Bible say anything against masturbation?

Hopefully someone answered it by now, I don't think so! I don't think you're committing a sin. Everyone worries about that at some point but later you'll do it plenty and know it's normal.

Uh the other way is just by dating someone and doing things with someone else other than yourself. Can't really stop or suppress it - you just feel like you want to be able to.

I do have a crush on my friend, and I think about him when I "goof off." Would it be okay to tell him?

Haha, he might like it, start slow and enter a sexual conversation with him gently. It might be weird, if you can talk about sexual things with him openly you could bring it up. (:

Are there any health hazards, like STD's or infections you can get from playing by yourself?

I don't think so - you can get yourself a lil' bruised if you're rough! And I don't know anything about yeast infections, just be careful if you use any kinda lotions and keep your objects clean!

It's normal to feel guilty, I used to, don't anymore, couldn't imagine it now. Unless you fap to something you don't wanna but it happens too. ;3

What if my desires get the better of me and lead to me acting a bit too sexy than my friend would be comfortable with?

Everyone makes mistakes, you'll learn if you do. (:

If for some reason I should be pleasuring myself for my own benefit, how much is too much?

Like I said, don't get bruised! And maybe get outside a lil' here and there if you're stayin' inside too much doin' it. Just enjoy yourself, really!
It's perfectly normal; many doctors consider it healthy.
It's fine, back in my day we did it all the time
If god is all mighty and didn't want us masturbating he would of done something to stop us like taking away temptation or sexual pleasure therefore it is not a sin.
Basically by masturbating you're combating sexual urges from going any further.
I don't recommend telling your friend until you're in a close relationship and you're will to start a sexual relationship.
The worst you can get from playing with yourself is an infection or thrush which isn't fatal.
It's okay to feel guilty because your religion and culture tells you it's a bad thing. I don't feel the slightest bit guilty because it relaxes my sexual stress and urges so I can think like a regular person.
Do it as much as you feel the need to.
This is a very interesting topic: I remember when we were discussing it in Bible College - it was awkward but very interesting. The Bible doesn't mention anything about masturbation. The only thing it came down to, was what you were "thinking" about while you were masturbating. You see, it's not really the action that's a sin - but your thoughts at the time. I'm sure you fantasize about people when you masturbate - this is the only thing that God is not ok with. You see, the thought and the act are one in the same with God:

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

But other than that, I didn't find anything wrong with masturbation at the end of the class (nor did anyone else really). My thoughts on it is just to be careful not to fantasize about people, and to make sure you don't give yourself a lust problem by masturbating too much. Remember, too much of something causes problems for you in the long run.

God loves you and I'm sure He's pleased that you're asking about this because you want to do things that pleases Him :heart: You'll do fine if your life is well-balanced.
No, you should not feel bad. Pleasure is not a sin, especially if it keeps you happy, gives you health benefits, and erases stress to make you more energized.
Yea, happens to me too ;_; I fap then i can't fap again for like 10~8 minutes, sux man. I wish i could fap non stop!
All hail Slaneshi!!!
Let me put it this way.

Does schlicking it every once and a while hurt you? Does it hurt anyone around you? No and no. So no problems there.

Do you do it excessively? It doesn't sound like it.

Can you think of ANY NEGATIVE CONNOTATIONS other than "God might getting pissed at me"? Ill let you think on it, but the answer is probably no.

Are you a human being with primal instincts? Yes.

So where is the problem. Who gives a shit about what you do to your body on your own time.
1. AFAIK, the bible doesn't directly address masturbation, but does discourage lust.

2. Cold showers, exercise, and focusing on other things can help, if you feel you need to stop. Understand that from a psychological perspective, masturbation is considered totally healthy and normal unless you can't stop yourself from jerking off in public/masturbating so often it interferes with the rest of your life.

3. Most people would probably rather not know you've been masturbating to the thought of them (unless you're dating). If you have a crush and want to tell him about your feelings, go for it.

4. Not under normal circumstances.

5. It is okay to feel whatever you want to feel about it, but understand that mental health professionals consider masturbation to be normal, healthy behavior under most circumstances. I personally don't feel guilty about it.

6. Boundaries - respect them.

7. From a mental health perspective, it's generally only "too much" if you masturbate so much that it keeps you from doing what you need to (EG: finishing homework) or if you can't stop yourself from masturbating in inappropriate situations.
This is pretty typical, lol. Even at my age 22, i still get very horny sometimes. But do i feel guilt afterwards? Eh... not really. Maybe a few times for i dont know why in the hell why.. lol!
I'd say fiddling with yourself is the better option rather than going out and getting people pregnant/picking up STDs etc.
How can I make someone pregnant if I am one who can become pregnant? XD
But I see what your saying
Aha my bad, I assumed you were male :giggle:
According to some religious beliefs, such as Catholicism, it is considered a sin, yes. However, it is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible (from what I've seen) that it is a sin. I don't think you need to worry about this, because there are lots of things out there that are considered to be much worse. Like, let's say, killing someone.
Besides, can't you just go and ask God for forgiveness? Just go to church, make a confession and ta-daah: God forgives you.

If you feel up to it, go and confess your feelings for you friend. (But I advice you not to tell him you masturbate while thinking of him when confessing. Wait until you've been a couple for a while.)

From my experience, I feel that masturbating helps keeping my "erotic feelings" at bay. If I haven't done it in a while (let's say 2 months), just a slight touch on my neck from my fiance will make me go absolutely crazy. So I actually advice you to masturbate. At least once a week or so.

You can't get any STD's just from playing with yourself. At least not to my knowledge (and experience).

Don't feel guilty. Playing with yourself is normal. Everyone does it (although far from everyone will admit it when asked).

I'd say that if masturbation is the only thing you can think of and cannot do anything else without thinking "I must masturbate" every second of the day, then it's too much. If that's not the case, then you're good.

I'm not grossed out. Don't worry. :) If anyone is grossed out by this, then it's their problem. :D

Hope I could help. :D
It has never been outright mentioned in the Bible as a sin, so no. You mentioned that your father is Catholic though, and coming from a Catholic background myself (though thankfully not particularly strict), I know that everything is seen as a sin.

Is there a way to combat the sexual urges effectively if I need to stop?</>
No. It is inherently human to have sexual urges. Almost all human beings have sexual urges and it will probably just cause you frustration problems if you try and ignore it.

I... wouldn't tell him. Masturbation is one of those things that we all do but no one really talks about. And he might not be comfortable with knowing.

You can get infections if your hands aren't clean. But unless you've had your hands all over someone else's infected genitals and immediately touched yours, you can't get an STD.

It's okay to feel guilty. Especially when you come from a religious background. No one can tell you what you can and can't feel guilty about. But masturbation is A. perfectly healthy and actually good for you. and B. a great way of learning more about your body and what you like. And no, I don't feel guilty about it, it's awesome.

I don't really know what you mean.

When you get bored of it, I suppose.

You are committing a sin, according to some denominations. Most don't care, though.

The Bible specifies that a male spilling his "seed" on the ground is a sin.

You could try wildland firefighting. You'll go two weeks without the time or the privacy for anything other than work, eating, and sleep. Unless you're on an engine crew. They have plenty of time to fiddle around.

Also, you could try wearing oven mitts all the time. That'd probably stop you.

I would not recommend this course of action.

You can get yeast infections and other things from using dirty hands or objects. Keep yourself and your belongings clean.

I guess it's okay to feel guilty, whatever works for you. I try not to feel guilty about much of anything.

Then, uh... heck, I don't know your friend.

It's too much when it hurts, when it detracts from your life, or when you become fixated on the feeling.
Stay hydrated!
Why are you following a religion if it makes you unhappy?
This has nothing to do with my happiness towards my religion, but weather it;s okay for me to masturbate based on my religion.
*whether

What do you prefer? Religion, or masturbation and a life free of stupid guilt for harmless acts and thoughts?
I can't just abandon what I believe in right there and walk the life of an atheist... I don't think you'll fully understand, because I'll have to explain it in many paragraphs (which I don't have the time to do) but basically I choose not to drop my faith and lifestyle surrounding it, as I feel It's made me who I am today, and I like my life as it is... almost, but religion isn't the problem that's causing my depression. If anything God has helped me find a better life and rise out of that hole that makes me all mopey... or so I believe.