Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

In a little more than 1 year I lost both parents....

:iconmarc-f-huizinga:
Marc-F-Huizinga Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Okay first and foremost, for me to talk about these sort of things has always been out of the question for me but I will try it anyway. Be at least prepared for something of an emotional trainwreck of a text.

The 12th of january my father passed away. His health went down very rapidly and before that he had people from healthcare taking care of him for 4 years. I feel the need to say that the contact between me and my father has been very, hmmm, negative so to speak. I moved out and when I saw he was going downhill I decided 2 months ago that I should return home to look after him.

He wasn't the type you'd call a good father, he never quite taught me things that'd make me work better in for example social environments, and trust me on the fact there are more topics that he didn't went through with me, but that's something I'd like to keep private.

Regardless, he passed away the 12th, it's a little bit over a week now since I found him and most of the grief seems to be gone. The next big problem is, where do I go? Will I able to keep living in this house? How high are the bills, for I knew for sure he had many! And many more questions haunt my mind.

My mother died last year (not 2012, but 2011) around the beginning of december. I never quite knew her. My parents were divorced when I was 3 and never did I had contact with her untill the last years of her life.

I've lost both my parents now, something I don't wish on anyone around their 20's and truth be told, I feel very lost. How do you people cope with this?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
I've sometimes wondered how my reactions to my parents deaths would have been handled differently had i been emotionally attached to them. These sorts of emotional purging's make me wonder if i did genuinely miss out on something of an enriching experience by having loving parents.

I can't exactly offer any advice ...
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Be strong, you will get through this in one way or another, it sucks but such is life, filled with upside downs. I know it doesn't even compare but, I lost both my grandpas, first one when I was about 10, the other when I was about 20, sucked both times, especially the second time. Felt like I had to move mountains in order to go back to normal. Now I just wonder if he sees me struggling and if he is proud of me, I know he wanted me to finish school and get a degree, find a job. I'm doing my best. I have friends with situations like yours, e.g. lost their mother a year ago or so, and they try to live as normal as possible, hanging out with friends, working hard, taking care of things at home. It's really tough of course, everybody does what they can.
:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Whoa...im so sorry man. :(
Having to lose someone is always a bad thing. But what we have to learn that it is just a part of life that we all have to accept ya know...? No one ever said that is was the easy part though... people die. From war, sickness, diseases, the list goes on. We cant stop it. We cant run away from it. Our time will all come someday. But the most important thing in life itself is to always move on wards, and never backwards. Im pretty sure thats what your parents would have wanted as well.:cling:
Marc-F-Huizinga Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Thank you for the kind words. :) It's nearly been a month now and most sorrow is gone. Ofcourse it feels really awkward to come home to find no one home, and even more awkward when you sit downstairs where there used to be a bed with him either lying down on it or sitting on the couch. Weird things man. But we all fight on. :)
:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Ya i know. It will feel a little strange at first. But as time moves on, so will you.
:icone-c-h:
e-c-h Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
I really wish I had something helpful to say, but I just want to extend my condolences for your tragic and painful loss :heart: :heart: :heart:
Marc-F-Huizinga Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Thank you very much, we try to make the best of it.
:icone-c-h:
e-c-h Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
:hug:
:iconedaofblacklagoon:
edaofblacklagoon Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Find a good relatives to leave in or grandparents then find a job. I guess thats life. ;'(
Marc-F-Huizinga Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Probably not gonna happen, the fact I don't have any grandparents makes it harder too. But thanks anyway! :)
Add a Comment: