Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013

Replies: 2

Need a good (preferrably online) referral service

Ironhold Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Does anyone know a good service that rates medical providers and their offices?

Last week I went in to a local medical clinic because my allergies were getting out of hand. The aide up front quoted me a price of $69, and I cut them a check right then and there.

Today, I got a bill in the mail demanding another $50.

At no point did they say I could potentially be required to pay extra for anything. I'm trying to contest the bill now, but I'm thinking I might have to get the Better Business Bureau and/or my employer (a local newspaper) involved to make it happen.

As you can imagine, I'm crossing this clinic off my list and taking my business elsewhere in case I need to see a doctor in the future. I just want to know a reliable place I can go to so that this doesn't happen again.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

petrova Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist
Unfortunately I don't live in the US so I don't know. Have you checked what they write in the bill that they want money for, does it seem normal? If you got a receipt the first time then check if it says something extra on that one or if you got some other note with you at the clinic.

Best of luck!
Add a Comment: