Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Looking for a christisn counseling

:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I would like a christian that agrees with this [link] forum counseling and advice.

I am feeling horrible and I seriously need words of wisdom. counselifn and advice :(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Jan 22, 2013   Digital Artist
Maybe you should go to a church for that you know. They would have someone that believed in what you did and could give you guidance you know.
:iconjewelleddragon13:
JewelledDragon13 Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'm glad you're looking into this. I think it will be a big help! And it's wise of you to look for someone who shares the values that are important to you.

Unfortunately I'm about 2000 miles away from you, so I won't be any help if you're looking for someone local, which presumably you are. (But Herbal's advice that you check what your school offers is smart. Free mental health services FTW.)
:iconherbaljabbage:
I'm not 100% sure what you want - If you would like someone to chat to on dA about things feel free to note me, although I could only really be a friend and a sympathetic ear. I'm not a counceller!

If you're wanting to find a counceller out in the real world, you could google around for one, or even better if you're in a school, find out what services they have available. If it helps any, councellers should not be making judgements to do with someone's faith or morality. Even if the person who is councelling you isn't a Christian, they will be trained to respect your beliefs. Alternatively if it's a faith-based problem, perhaps you'd be better finding someone in the Church to help you?
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why a christian so they can tell you god loves you PFFT don't make me laugh. If you are feeling horrible pull yourself off the ground dust yourself down and believe in yourself cause that's all you need. No God will ever believe in you as you believe in yourself. I may not have god on my side nor do I believe in him but I can help you.
:iconherbaljabbage:
Ok
1) For many people, their religion is a core part of their being. I can understand the desire to find a counceller who is likely to share outlook and values, it can make things easier. Please don't dismiss this person's wishes in what kind of counceller they want, or indeed the important part their faith has in their mental wellbeing.

2) Believing in yourself is all well and good, but I'm afraid it is often not simple as just mentally pulling yourself up and starting your new happy life at peace with yourself. It can be very difficult when you're waist deep in a swamp to gt out of it, you need someone else to teach you the techniques to help yourself begin what is likely to be a long, painful slog. If you can just snap yourself out of negative thinking that is wonderful, but please have empathy for those who are depressed, anxious, grieving etc. who can't.
Okay I shall in the future.
:iconvomitbear:
No! Don't give in.
Haha
YAY RAINBOW ^^
Add a Comment: