Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Feelings of doom

:iconoddfox17:
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Writer
These days, it seems like bad news is the only news worth reporting. Climate change, natural disasters, revolutions, discontent in the middle east, religious extremism. All sorts of stuff.

With all this crap going on, I can't shake the feeling that we're on the verge of something horrible; some apocalyptic event that will damage society beyond repair. I don't know if it'll be confined to the United States or if it'll be world wide. I don't know if it'll be economic, political, or environmental. Hell, I don't really know anything at all. All I have is this feeling of impending doom.

Then again, maybe I'm just being paranoid. The media tends to make things sound worse than they really are. And besides, all of this stuff has happened before in the past.

But what if I'm right?

I could really use a little support.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshadowflashdabearded:
If the world is to burn up like a match then it was meant to be, but can't live life on the verge of destruction but what one can make the most of it. Animals aren't humans leave it be to that but they do sometimes have the better judgment. We are suppose to have better. :)
:iconelectroreactive:
electroreactive Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
You're right. Economic, likely precipititating political. The trigger MIGHT be environmental. (a drought would make it worse, as would a corn shortage like the one we had years back).

You're right... so now what? That's the same situation I'm facing... i'm trying to earn $$$ so I can do something... it probably won't happen.
:iconfetherhd:
fetherhd Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
I watch...and worry also. My way of dealing with it is to work on a food supply. And to Have a plan in a worse case scenario. I don't think that being prepared is being paranoid as long as it does not take over your whole life. There will always be SOMETHING going on in the media....Doing little things like storing food, supplies and making plans can make you feel better.
:iconfetherhd:
fetherhd Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
OH and to those out there who think having a food supply is "crazy" A years supply of food and necessities goes a LONG way towards helping out with even un-cataclysmic things such as...unemployment. Not having to worry about where the next meal is coming from is a good send in this case. Been there....done that!! Nothing wrong with being prepared.
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I wish all these bad things in the world would stop
:iconmulta21:
Multa21 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
AS far as I know it, things are just getting worse because the devil has control of the world and wants us all to die just like he is dead. Only God can save us now.
:iconholycross9:
HolyCross9 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Just simply trust in the Lord Almighty.
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
"These days, it seems like bad news is the only news worth reporting. Climate change, natural disasters, revolutions, discontent in the middle east, religious extremism. All sorts of stuff.

With all this crap going on, I can't shake the feeling that we're on the verge of something horrible; some apocalyptic event that will damage society beyond repair. "

The problem is you probably have too much free time to spend on bullshit.
Stop eating bowls of bullshit in the morning.

If you spend your days worrying about negative shit all you're going to do is be negative.
Take care of your health, work towards your future, try to be a good person, do your part.

There are nutjobs who sit around consuming and propagating conspiracies and then there
are nutjobs sitting around worrying about those conspiracies. Get off the short bus!

:iconoddfox17:
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Writer
Maybe you're right...
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I doubt news would be news if it was always happy 24/7.

What if you are right? What should you do then, you think?

Prepare yourself if you feel you need to, but don't go beyond that if it hasn't arrived yet. If it comes, then at least you'll be prepared and you'll cross that bridge if you get to it. The future isn't guaranteed.
Add a Comment: