Tall or short, which do guys prefer?

Are guys more attracted to petite or tall girls? I'm asking this because I'm only 5'2" and I was wondering if this affects the way other people see me. I think some people tend to treat me like a little kid (although they know I'm a teenager) just based on my height. I read somewhere that guys make themselves taller on online dating sites, and women make themselves shorter. Is it all just personal preference?

Okay, so if you were to meet me, based on my stature, what would be your first impression of me? I'm petite, curvy, and have big brown eyes.

I just want to hear some different opinions from other people.
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Per OP request.
I moved to eastern Asia two years ago, almost every girl here is short.
You can move here too, you won't feel strange.
Depends on the guy.

And my guy prefers girls that are shorter, and I am tall, so personality really is more important.
As a 5'1.5" female, I don't give a fuck what height people are. I do think they're lame if they're so insecure as to lie about it, though. I also think tall women who refuse to wear heels that they like because it will make them "too tall" are insecure. I think girls who refuse to date guys below a certain height are sexist and silly.

I think some people tend to treat me like a little kid (although they know I'm a teenager) just based on my height.

I'm 28 and get treated like a teenager. Welcome to the rest of your life. I hold out hope that I might be respected as an adult by the time I'm 50.
Science has proven that guys prefer shorter women. Shorter women have higher estrogen and are viewed as 'more attractive.'
I would prefer someone my own height but ultimately I wouldn't give a shit
Most of the short guys I have met constantly act like they have something to prove, or seem like they are angry at the world.
That reminds me of a character from the story Of Mice and Men.
I read that over 20 years ago. But you obviously get what I mean.

I don't mean guys who just aren't tall, but the ones who are definitely shorter than average for male.
Short [I'm 183cm]! =D
I'm guessing tall guys prefer short women? Or something?
I'm a tall guy, and I personally prefer taller women. I don't like towering over a significant other.
I suspect it's pretty individual, but I don't think I've ever really had a tall woman as a girlfriend or partner! So maybe you're right...
The only book/movie I've seen with a short guy and tall girl is Love★Com, a manga.
There might be some, Tom Cruise & Robert Downey Jr. are around the 5ft 7 inch mark, so maybe there's been some short guy, tall woman movies... =D
Hmm, you're right. btw, check out this stamp:
Well, if true, that's something that would be a disappointment to all the Loki fans I assume... :)
I'm not very tall so I prefer smaller girls just because they're my height. Being with a taller girl would feel a little weird for me.
That's kinda where I was going :nod:
Depends on the person. I've little interest in their specific height.

Fun fact, being 6'6'' It's a rarity for me to meet someone taller than me (especially when it comes to women)
so I sort of take it for granted that 99% of people I'll meet will be shorter than me.
if someone truly loves you it shouldn't matter how tall you are... but then again, ive never had a gf, so dont take my word for it.
Are you 12?

People who worry about superficial things are superficial.

Is not the point of a relationship being able to share life with someone? I didn't know height
affected the ability of people to relate to one another.
Right now you are judging me on the fact that I posted something in the forums. Isn't that superficial?

A lot of things affect a relationship, especially looks. Most people are attracted to someone from the way they appear, it after you get to know someone that you value them for who they are.
Point out the judgment please.:icongo-on-plz: