Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Did I sy anything offensive when contacting my ex?

:iconrogue-knyte:
Rogue-Knyte Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I received an email add from my ex the other day inviting me to join some dating site he signed up for. Well since I no longer have him as a contact on my email account, I couldn't block him. So I just messaged him on facebook KINDLY asking him to remove me from his contact list. This is what I wrote:

Hey, I received a weird email add from you through an online social community site? Inviting me to join or something. Any way, please delete me from your contacts so I don't receive notifications like that anymore. I would block your email address, but I no longer have you as a contact so I do not know what email address it came from. Thanks

His response: "Don't message me, and I don't care."

Then he blocked me. I'm not upset or anything honestly I think its kind of childish. What I'm asking is if my message came off as kind of cold, or rude? And maybe that's why he responded the way he did? I tried to come off as very nonchalant about it. It still doesn't solve my problem though.
I don't want to keep receiving emails/email adds from him. How can I stop receiving his emails if I have no email address to block it from?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconladyzelda1:
LadyZelda1 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I think in a way it was a nice gesture to help you move on by meeting someone new through a dating site. I see nothing to be ashamed about being on a dating site as millions of busy people do it for some reason or another, mostly just not being able to meet anyone in real life. After all, no one has "available" written on their forehead. Maybe he was also upset because you blocked him.
Rogue-Knyte Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
LOL. The funny thing is I did block him in the beginning to help me move on from him. It's barely been three months since we broke up. I don't care if he does move on. The guy was a liar, and used me up. He was the one claiming that if we broke up he wouldn't be looking to get into a relationship not for a long time. And look what he's doing. But it really doesn't matter anymore since I am no longer with him. I am just saying he wasn't as "in love" with me as he claimed to be. Any way He blocked me. I did block him in the beginning, but it was just to help me move on and not constantly check out his facebook profile. Which surprisingly enough I moved on a lot faster than I thought I would. It was so hard for me to break up with him, but I did it.

I never thought that I would ever feel this way but I am happy that I was strong enough to end that unhealthy relationship and I am truly happy being single. I don't expect to be in another relationship not for a long time. I'm enjoying my me time. :D
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Photographer
Meh, hes just acting childish, if I were you i would just not care
Yeah I'm not worried about it anymore. No point in wasting my time on someone that isn't worth my time. Lol
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
He's embarrassed that you found out he was on a dating site and was lashing out at you as a result.
I guess...LMAO :shrug:
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
You've wasted more than enough time on a silly topic. You're not talking to him, he's not talking to you. Move along.
As I already plan to. You're not telling me anything new.
:iconmew-sumomo:
Mew-Sumomo Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
Sounds like he needs to get over himself. You're fine.
Thanks. I just hope he grows into a better person with time. I understand no one is perfect.
:icontheartofcbyoung:
TheArtOfCBYoung Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why do you care if it was harsh? It isn't like there is a friendly way to tell someone that you never want to talk to them again. You were asking the guy to never contact you again, you wanted to block him, and he blocked you. It looks like it got you what you wanted.

If you want to make sure you don't get any more e-mails like this one, just block the address that it came from. You don't need to block his e-mail if they aren't being sent from his address.
Well because I'm a nice person. I tried to say it in a non hostile manner. But I guess it cane out that way anyway. I don't have any bad blood with him. I mean he was a pretty sh*tty boyfriend but despite that I've forgiven him for that and moved on. Its sort of silly that he tells me not to message him and then block me when I clearly stated why I messaged him....That I don't want to have any form of contact with him anymore. It's not like I just messaged him to have a chat. It's REALLY petty and childish. And I don't want to keep having to block him every time he signs up for something new or other. It's ANNOYING. It's the equivalent of you constantly receiving phone call ads for something you don't want to buy. You just want them to stop calling you. Same issue here. I've already blocked the site. Hopefully I receive nothing like this from him again.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
maybe I'm reading too much into this, but he could have done that on purpose. Kind of as an "in your face, look I'm joining a dating site" kind thing.
That's what I thought too. But I could really care less what he's doing. I'm so over him. If that's why he did it that's extremely pathetic.
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
people do pathetic shit after breakups. It's their way of coping with the loss while trying to hold on at the same time.
I just think that he thinks that he "hurt" me by doing that. But I really don't care. I only posted this thread to see if my approach was appropriate or not. Cause people have said I tend to come off as kind of b*tchy at times. So just wanted to be sure I did the right thing. Lol
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
maybe he didn't hurt you, but he succeeded in getting your attention.
Briefly. I'm not worried about this anymore.
:iconhappysnapper74:
HappySnapper74 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
My thoughts exactly, he's not worth the thread
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Mark the mails as spam and they will be intercepted by your spam filter.
Yeah, I've already done that. But the mail didn't come directly from his email address. It came from whatever site he signed up for. Basically it was like this: "so and so has messaged you!" Then it showed a picture of my ex from this social community site. So my guess is that he was prompted to invite friends through his email address and so he sent out invites through the website. Its complicated to explain but that's how it work. So the message didn't come directly from his email address. Which I would have blocked if so.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Keep marking them as spam.
I shouldn't have to do that. That is extremely annoying. If anything it comes to a point where its harassment. I asked him to delete me from his contacts so I don't receive spam and he ignores me. Do you get my point? I shouldn't have to do that. It's the equivalent of sales ad constantly calling your phone. You ignore them for a while but then you eventually get tired of doing that and want to put a stop to it completely.
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Writer
You did sound a little cold to me, especially since he probably didn't intend to send you the email and it's not really a big deal to recieve the occasional email from someone we'd rather not talk to. He was pretty childish in his response, yeah, but just ignore him and leave him to it.

Could you put any messages from him in the spam filter? I think that several email providers will automatically put messages from that sender straight to junk mail if you do, but I'm not really sure.
Well I dunno how else to have messaged him about it. And this is my ex so its not like its an old friend I just stopped talking with. It's an ex I don't want to be reminded of. He is a person that I would much rather move on from. I don't think it really would have mattered how I messaged him about it, he still would have responded me the way he did. But its whatever. It just convinces me even more that I made the right decision by breaking up with him.
:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
I see no problem with what you wrote really.
I think he's just doing that to be spiteful. But its cool, it just convinces me even further that I made the right decision in breaking up with him. I'm not going to waste anymore energy worrying about it.
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Yeah, I wouldn't have messaged him in the first place if his account is just sending off spam. Unless it got excessive, at which point a little "Your e-mail account is hacked, you need to change the password, this is what it keeps sending me" would suffice. It was a little cold, so his reply doesn't surprise me.
Eh, I did this once before with an ex and we took care of it with no problem. I figured that this would be the same with him. But it wasn't turns out I made the right decision in breaking up with him.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Ignore him!
Yeah, that's what I initially thought to do. I didn't do anything wrong. So why even worry.
I wouldn't talk to ex's, generally its always bitter.
I'm not bitter and he was the one that hurt me through out the whole relationship. I wasn't a saint but he hurt me more than I ever did him. But I guess some people can't take a breakup as well as others. I'm really glad I left him, I truly was a miserable person when I was with him. I'm glad to be moving on from that part of my life. Thanks for your response.
I wasn't on about you, I was on about him :P
I know you were. My point is that if anything I should be the one that's bitter instead of him. Lol
:iconk454r1:
K454R1 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Hi Rogue, I'm just trying to be a friendly helpful person and, don't you EVER worry about "having been rude" or anything like that in this situation because:
1) at least in my opinion your message to your ex sounds WAYYYYY more than nicer to him, that is, in contacting a spammer, and
2) in your email program settings, try adding just one rule of "deleting every message that contains the word 'unsubscribe'."
The second one works in NEVER EVER receiving those annoying advertising/spam emails. Take care.
Okay, thanks! I'll do that. :)
:iconquisquose:
Quisquose Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
He probably assumed that, since you said you didn't have his contact anymore and wanted to block his email, that you didn't want to see him at all anymore. It sounds like he just took it personally and was upset. He might get over it soon, but it sounded like he was trying to be your friend again, and suggesting you get a new significant other and forget about your relationship with him and be friends. (Maybe he wanted to gain your trust again? But I can't really say anything because I don't know the whole story. ) But, then again, I tend to assume everyone is a nice person and see the best outcome first. So it might be something irrational anyway. (I've always been interested in psychology. It's interesting.)
I'm not going to put too much thought into why he reacted the way he did. More or less I made this post to see if whether or not I came off as rude in my message. Cause I have the tendency to come off as b*tchy when that wasn't originally my intention.
Add a Comment: