Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

I just don't know what to do.

:iconevilgiggles1993:
EvilGiggles1993 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I have had issues with my shoulder for about a year and a half now. It started out as nothing but has gotten worse sense then and now I just don't know what to do anymore.

I went to the doctor and she put me on a steroid pack along with anti-inflammatory pills. They helped for a little bit, but now the pain is back and only getting worse. She also suggested physical therapy, but I simply can't afford it. I have a job that I work a minimum of 30 hours, but I have too many other bills to pay to afford $50 a week every week to see a physical therapist. Yes, I have insurance, but that only covers part of the cost which puts it down to $50/week.

The worst part is that I can't draw anymore. I am right dominant and it is the right shoulder that is injured. If I go too long without drawing, I have a mental breakdown and I am not exaggerating in the slightest. To keep myself somewhat sane, I have taken to writing short stories since I can somewhat rest my arm while I write, but still have to take frequent breaks because of the pain.

All I ever wanted to do in life was to be an artist, but it seems that might not be a possibility if my right arm doesn't allow for it. Any suggestions?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontoshadaydreamer:
ToshaDaydreamer Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
How about a loan from the bank?

Sure, it sucks because you'll have to pay interest later on, but you'll be worse off if you don't treat it. Or aren't there any charity organisations?
That is what me and my fiance are trying to avoid. I dunno if there is an organization for injured artists.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Maybe you should see the doctor again or see if any friends or family can help you out.
Yeah I think that I will go to the doctor one more time and no friends or family can help. I already asked.

What will probably happen is that I will get another prescription and will feel better while taking that, but ultimately need physical therapy which I cannot afford.
Add a Comment: