Sleep Paralysis

I hate it. At first it was absolutely frightening because I didn't have a clue what was happening. It started gradually with me not being able to move upon waking up, then I started seeing disturbing images along my bed. These images would be accompanied by a terrible feeling/presence at the foot of my bed, and I honestly thought I was dying because I felt so helpless and scared. Fast forward a couple of weeks and now I find myself fully accustomed to these episodes, and frankly I just find them extremely annoying. How can I make this stop from happening again? Its messing with my sleep.. -_-
Comments70
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
after eating. u shouldn't sleep, cause once the food doesn't digest. it will cause a sleep paralyze.

second is u should close ur eyes hard before going to sleep, not a very soft closing eyes. make it hard and all dim. and always turn right or left. because if u sleep frontal then for sure it will attack u. trust me, this are the reason why people always suffers from it.
Yeah, I don't see myself sleeping on my back anytime soon. The information about closing your eyes is interesting.
I've had that before, though I was aware it was sleep paralysis. It should go away with time, if it doesn't then I highly recommend a visit to the doctor.
Yep, that's what I think :nod:
You'd better see a doctor because this could be a serious sleep disorder.
Yeah maybe. I don't think there's to much to do except let it pass overtime. I could be wrong though
I have a friend who gets serious medications for it.
Well, in that case I'll get it checked out so it doesn't turn into anything worse.
What have you tried so far as to solve this problem?
I'm currently trying to get a full nights rest, and making sure I sleep the around the same time every night.
How many hours is that roughly?
meh, I try to get around 7-8hrs, but end up getting more along 4-5hrs. I'm a night owl.
Have you tried sleeping pills yet?
Well, it's perhaps not a great idea. What I do sometimes to help me fall asleep is I get in bed and read a good book for 10-20 minutes.
View all replies
Someone may have already mentioned this in the comments below, but just in case they haven't — never fall asleep on your back. I struggle with sleep paralysis, too. I learned to stop sleeping on my back and I've not had an episode since. :meow:
I got sleep paralysis while sleeping on the side.=P
Sleeping on your back lowers your chances at waking up during sleep paralysis, it doesn't stop it completely. But it helps. c:
I know, I wrote that to someone else insisting to sleep on one's side to prevent it. I've had sleep paralysis on both my back and side. It was less ominous, though. I was more aware of it, said to myself in my head "Oh for fuck's sake :roll:" and my body was like "Oh shit, she's onto us, ABORT ABORT! :noes:" :giggle:
Yeah, it's pretty scary that happens. :iconfoxcryplz:
Yeah, I never sleep on back, its way to uncomfortable for me.
This.
Sleeping on your side or on your stomach will really help.
I agree with *shininginthedarkness. Improper sleeping habits are often what triggers it. I've had a couple episodes of it myself, and it was when I was taking a nap, not during a full night's sleep. My sister suffers from them often and it too is always during her naps.