Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Just lost the one thing that kept me going

:icontheeldertrolls:
TheElderTrolls Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I've known that this would kill her for about a year now.
She had a tumor growing between her back legs, but it couldn't be treated because she was too old.
But Sunday the 13th, at around 4-6 at night she died.
My father was sleeping on the ground downstairs with her to make sure everything went fine with her(her tumor was open).
Eventually she woke up from her couch and jumped on the ground, it didn't take long before she had a seizure, which she died after.

For me it feels like I just lost the only one that accepted me, no matter what.
The one who always was there for me at any moment of the day.
The one who helped me out of any hole, no matter how deep.
And to be honest, it leaves a giant empty space in me, which can't be filled by anything.
It still seems unbelievable, to look down at that one, the one who filled me with happiness a couple hours before, now suddenly cold, quiet, no movement.
That one is now a couple feet bellow, being.. dead.
I just keep staring at her pictures hoping they start talking.

[link]
[link]
[link]

R.I.P Mischa
1996 - 2013

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmeowsap:
meowsap Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
We just lost our cat a few months ago; we have had her for almost 16 years as well. I agree with 290Pika... take time to grieve, and then make sure you get back up and get back going. :) I found it was good to think about the happy times we had with our cat, the strange things she did, memories of her. It really helped us, at least, after we had gotten past the sadness. :hug:
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
That was pretty old for a dog. You are lucky you had it for so long.
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I'm sorry for your loss.

Personally I don't feel like animals go away when they die, I always kind of feel like they stay around. I could be crazy for saying that. But hey, they came from the earth, I figure they are still here somehow.

know that you're not alone. I also had a dog which died of cancer. There was nothing we could do.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Filmographer
That's the problem with owning a pet like a dog or cat - you get emotionally attached and then they die (usually) between 8 and 18 years, depending on the animal and breed. Your dog was 16-17 years old. She lived a long, presumably happy life. You sound like you did your best to make her life good.

It's perfectly normal to grieve and you may have a hard time adjusting to life without your dog, but I don't think your dog would want you to lose your drive. :)
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Think about it the other way, if you were in agony, wouldn't you want it to end? It was your dogs time, its better for your dog to stop being in awful pain and finally rest, rather than have to be alive just your existence. Logically, this was the best thing for your dog. Everyone dies, thats not a bad thing, just life.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Listen I know how painful it is to lose a pet I was told my dog died after school it was horrible she had been with me my whole life. Yes I know it hurts but if you give up on life that will not make her happy it will make her sad. So live your life to full and speak to friends and family, go out and have fun and make yourself happy so she can see you are doing fine without her.
:icontheeldertrolls:
TheElderTrolls Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I know that, and that's why I keep moving forward.
I'm not here to give up on life, to give up on those who shaped me.
I'm not suicidal, but that doesn't take away the fact that the loss I'm dealing with makes me feel indescribable.
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
~hugs~ It will get easier over time okays
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Deal with the loss but don't be an ass and write off your life and future because of it. You're still alive, remember that.
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
agreed.
Add a Comment: