Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

What should I do?

:iconmarinrin:
MarinRin Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been pretty confused lately because the economic crisis that still happening between me and my dad.

You see, I haven't pay my school for 11 months (which is almost 1 year full plus other school activities like field trip and study tours that also costs money). Because of that the teachers (especially my home room teacher) often call me and reprimand me about it.

Whenever they asked about when will I pay my school payment, I always said 'later' but I just don't know really...

It just that sometimes me and my dad don't have any money even for eat...

To tell you the truth, it's kinda sad...but I try to act strong because I don't want to make my dad troubled. I never tell my friends about this too because I don't want to make them worry about me too much (I mean everybody have their own problems right? So I shouldn't bother them with my problem...or at least, that's what I think)

Just for your information, I'm an only child and my mom already died when I was 7 years old because of heart disease. So you see why I really want to do something for my dad...

Other than that the condition is pretty complex actually, me and my dad don't have a house by ourself and have to live with my father's brother and his family. He just lend us a room so I have to spare the room with my dad for almost 9 years which is after my mom died (the worst part is that my dad have to sleep on the floor because he said that I'm the one who should be sleeping on bed *we only have 1 bed btw). Even though we live in the same house, my father's brother seems to not care a bit about how my dad and me. He rarely speak to us and act like we are strangers...it's not like I'm not grateful that he already lend us a room, but I just wish that he can be more warm as a family...

I wish I could do something for my dad though...but like I've said, I'm confused. I has been thinking a lot about doing part time jobs but with my school activities, I just can't.

I mean it just pointless if I do part time jobs but marooned my school right? School is the only place where I could at least not make my dad disappointed after all... =(

Besides, who would want to accept 16 years old girl like me to work at their place? My country is not like America or Japan where students who do part time jobs are pretty common.

I've been thinking about opening commission here too but me and my dad don't have any bank account (I mean if we do have one, we could at least fed ourselves everyday right?) not to mention that I feel my drawings aren't good enough to be sold.

I know it's a personal problem...and I'm sorry if you feel fussily because of this *unimportant* forum...but, at least I feel sorta 'relieved' with writing something that I never be able to tell anyone for a long time

Thanks for anyone who spending time reading this though...I just hope that everything would turn out to be alright soon... ^^;

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Hmmm... my dad came from a similar situation to yours. He lived with a whole family of 11 people in one room, his father often couldn't even pay for food for the children, luckily for him he did have a mom, but it was hard. You know what though? everything did end up turning out alright for him. now he lives in the US, and all of his brothers and sisters have jobs and support themselves. I am not too familiar with the job situation in indonesia. But I will say this: if your dad wants you to go to school, do go to school, and don't give up on that for a job. Do good at that, you never know what tomorrow will bring (money for food and schooling for example) Your father makes sacrifices for you so that you can have a good life. My grandfather did the same thing for his children. When you get old, and your father is old and grey, you can repay him then for all he is doing for you now.
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Just to sort of tack on to puppy's comment, have you guys considered any sort of government assistance? I'm not sure what exists where you live, but often governments tend to be helpful when a child is also in that sort of situation.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Have you tried having your dad talk to your school and explain the situation? They may have some assistance for low income families.

As for the work and school conflict, do you NEED those school activities to graduate? If not, then they're just going to have to be cut. Its one of those decisions you're going to have to make for the rest of your grown up life.

If you don't want to try for a job as a waitress or in retail, you can try odd jobs for people. Walking dogs, cleaning house, yard work, etc. In the spring you might be able to find somebody who needs help with a garden who is willing to trade you greens- remember there are more ways to get food than just working for money, I trade rabbits (for meat) for physical therapy.
:iconthescourgedragon:
TheScourgeDragon Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Agreed :)
Hang in there!!
:iconhugplz:
:icondaghrgenzeen:
Daghrgenzeen Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's a cliché to say, but, yeah, just have faith in yourself and your abilities, and things should work out sooner or later. If you can't afford school right now, go to work, and study later if you wish. There are always options, although I do understand how situations like that can be paralyzing. It all comes down to attitude I guess: the more you believe things won't work out and everything sucks, then they definitely won't work out. Just... Believe in yourself. :hug:
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Stop thinking you cannot get a job, because you can. Go to areas that have high turn over, such as waitressing, or offer to clean cars etc.
Add a Comment: