Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 84

When do I ask the question?

:iconeternalgeekexposed:
EternalGeekExposed Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I've been in a serious relationship with my girlfriend for over 2 years now (and I've known her for... 10? years before that) and I am thinking a lot about marriage. I'm not ready to propose yet; I definitely want to give it some more time to make sure we're both absolutely compatible and happy with each other, especially since our relationship was long-distance for a little over a year. Still, the thought is lingering there in my mind and I'm wondering what people think is a good sign to pop the question? Just looking for a little advice. Thanks!

By the way, the situation is doubly complicated because we are a lesbian couple and, if we want to marry, we are going to have to move to another state, which means new jobs, new home, etc. So I definitely don't want to do this lightly since it's going to be stressful and difficult for us from the very beginning.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional
Do you feel like you're pretty well-to-do in your current situation? Steady income, your own place, etc etc?
EternalGeekExposed Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
No, we're not very financially well-off at all. We have our own place, but it's a struggle to get by. Hopefully I'll have a better job soon so I can contribute more, but finances right now are not very good.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional
You definitely want to hold off then.
Yeah, I think I'm going to give it some more time and, even when I do propose, it will probably be a looooong engagement.
:iconlevitating-narwhal:
Levitating-Narwhal Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm nowhere near marriage, let alone legal age for it, but, like these other deviants say, communication is key! Talk, talk, talk! Best wishes!

I hope you can overcome all those ignorant legal difficulties, but if you are serious and passionate about it, it will all be worth it and make the relationship that much sweeter!
=) Thank you! I've settled to waiting it out for a while longer, but I'll be testing the waters until I am ready to make that step.
Levitating-Narwhal Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Good idea. Well, when you do pop the question, I hope the rection is something like this -------------> Her: :iconlawooplz: You: :icondummywooplz:
:giggle: That's the hope!
Levitating-Narwhal Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconlikeasirplz: Indeed.
:icondeetay:
DeeTay Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Writer
Ooh, marriage, how exciting! Unfortunately I've no clue about this, never been anywhere near marriage. :lol: But I just wanted to wish you both happiness and the best of luck, married or unmarried! :heart:

(Also, not commenting after reading would make me feel a bit like a stalker :lol:)
Add a Comment: