Bronies

lately i have been on facebook and getting crap for being a brony... and these few people started to make me wounder, 'how does the rest of the community take to bronies,and what are your views on them?'

and for the haters that are bound to read this... i am Not polluting the forums with pony posts, i am asking a simple question.
Comments60
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'll be honest. When I first heard of the show, I assumed that it was going to be another sexist plastic turd from Barbie's butt ... (Note to self: Write Barbie making company with idea for new line of Barbie Soils Herself dolls).

Anyway, I was w-r-o-n-g WRONG! With a capital G.

For the most part it's a great show. It's not totally perfect, but it really makes an effort.

As to my opinion on Bronies.

I think they're great. I know there are female Bronies (or Pegasisters), but people expect that.

I think it's a sign that times are changing for the better, when so many men feel comfortable saying that they're Bronies. I love listening to the music, reading the fanfiction, looking at the fan art, and watching the fan videos.

I even enjoy laughing at the Clopper wackos. (Check out Pony Confessions Simulator on YouTube, it's hilarious).

I think that MLP, is a shining light in the world of ever badly created children's programming .

I'm not a full on Brony (I don't dress up or go to conventions or anything), but I enjoy the show a whole bunch.
If something's popular, there are always people who hate it...just look at all these Twilight fans and haters.
I personally don't care if you're a brony as long as you don't spam me with pony stuff or comments why ponies are great and I'm all wrong for not liking them. And I think it's the same with most people.
But there will always be a few who are just here to make you feel bad and insult you. I once got a comment on a deviation telling me that I am a sick f*ck for posting a photo of my leg being cut off. (Yes, I'm into horror make-up and photography) The point is, such people will always try to get you angry, but if you stay nice or ignore them, they will soon be bored.
It's because we're 'devious'. Anyone who is different from the norm is going to get picked on. It's the nature of most people, especially around teen/young adult age.

Another reason is because people want to gain approval of peers. To do that, they will try to see their peers' side of things, and massively conform to that way of thinking to get approval
Haters gonna hate, it's simple as that. You can't expect people to like everything you do. I personally love the show and the fanworks, yet I'm a perfectly healthy male adult with a loving girlfriend who is on his way to joining the US Air Force.

Takes all kinds, I suppose.
being against the norm is good! it breaks down stereotypes and bronies specifically break down gender stereotypes. In a way, bronies are fighting for equality! woo!
although some people are mean to bronies, in my school we had a mlp club and it was really cool! dont let closed minded jerks get you down~
i don't mind any fandoms, as long as people don't shove them up in my face.

but anyhow, bronies tend to be not so focused on being so damn macho and afraid of everything pink. so i kinda like them, just don't talk about only ponies. then it starts to get annoying. :D
I find them only slightly less annoying than hipsters. And here's why.
Precisely what you're doing here is what makes them annoying. Instead of liking something, realizing not everyone is going to like it, realizing that some people are going to dislike you, and moving on with your life, you decide to whine about it, wonder why everyone isn't telling you how awesome you are for it, and inadvertently keep trying to be an attention whore like you're doing, which is exactly the kind of thing that started this cycle in the first place.

I like a lot of things that get shit from other people. But I could give a fuck, because I don't care about them. Liking things doesn't make you special. Getting shit for liking things doesn't make you special. Whining about getting shit about liking things doesn't make you special, it just makes you annoying. And that's why I dislike bronies. Because the majority of you think you're special snowflakes for all of it, because you haven't grown up and moved on to the real world of adults who for the most part don't care.
I think you saw the post from a slightly corrupted angle. If you'll reread, never has the OP mentioned blaring out that he/she is a brony. He/she never mentioned wanting praise for it, but he/she just doesn't want hate from it. OP is wondering why people hate on it.
Well, since you took the time to tell me that my opinion is wrong, I guess I'll change it.

Naw, I'm just fucking with you. :D
Hi siantjudas, people hate/like/love each other is entirely being human. Yes, one must not force the other into anything. Walt Disney are people who are adults but think like kids that is what make the great family movies. It is a fact one has to grow up, take responsibility (your bills) nothing can stop that but does not meant to stop having fun and enjoy life as a kid learns at young age. That is why so many people have hobbies and not mere bleak accountants (no discrimination need accountants).
people tend to judge fans on the weirdoes in the fandom that you're in. :XD:

i don't mind bronies :) i don't actually care about any fandoms, as long as you don't shove it in my face.

i've actually never talked to any stereotypically obnoxious bronies, from what i have experienced and seen they seem to be a very supportive, nice group.
Just as is true in every fandom, there are good people that are "Bronies" and then there are the raving idiots. Unfortunately your fandom has more of the latter. Sorry, but a guy who's into pink ponies with sparkly hair? Dat's wack, bro.
every fandom gets complained at for liking a show/comic/book etc.

sometimes it's trolls sometimes people who don't like the show and sometimes it's just people who read too much into stereotypes.

honestly I'm more the live and let live sort of person. as long as someone isn't watching/viewing/posting something extremely inappropriate[and illegal] I just nod and move on.

I suggest asking the people giving you trouble why they are doing so. tell them you want to see why they don't like it(other than the show being aimed at girls)
:icontealdeerplz: If it's cool for women to like violent manly-man stuff, then it's also cool for men to like sweet happy fun things.

I'm a girl watcher of MLP, and I think obsessed - really obsessed - fans of any kind can be annoying. But that's preteen girls and the crap they like, not -most- bronies. Bronies have proven to be a very supportive community, and I've never seen them bothering other fandoms, people just hate on them for being around. They're awesome enough for the producers to take in their opinions! How often does that happen to a fanbase.

I think the reason MLP:FIM is so successful is that, besides the brilliant character development, humor and general awesomeness, it focuses on characters who are just trying to get along, instead of aiming to be the strongest badass in the universe and beating up any opposing badasses. I think that can be really refreshing, especially in our competitive society where even the most basic displays of affection are considered awkwaaard for no reason.
Of course, a person who's never begun to watch MLP in the first place cannot appreciate its type of badassery, and therefore they hate.

It's brilliant that some men can cut the crap and appreciate something like MLP. We already accept that women can like manly-man things, which is a step towards equality, but the discrimination that men face for liking girly-girl things is still a sign of inequality. So go bronies, you're on the right track.
I was born in 1985 and played with the 1st generation MLP's a lot. They were very pretty and of very nice size and it was next to impossible to break them. They were awesome toys. Now when MLP is a huge hit again, I'm sad that my beautiful ponies are all gone. Sold or missing, I don't know. Would've loved to give them to my daughter if I will ever have one.

The MLP fandom is just a little...confusing. They were a perfectly natural thing in my childhood nearly twenty years ago so it's a bit odd that people are talking so much about them now. And I'm not a big fan of the toys they make these days. Or the look of the new MLP to begin with. I'm not also a very big fan of people who turn everything into brony stuff. There's even brony fanart of Witcher 2.

However, if these people aren't bothering me, I'm not bothering them. We all like different things.

Also: Facebook sucks.
I have no interest in MLP, yet I'm making a MLP themed cake for my friend's birthday. :giggle:

People are giving you shit because you like something that is stereotypically aimed at little girls. It's all down to people being afraid of anything outside of the norm.
As long as you don't act like the creepy brony bastards I've met at cons, then you should be okay.

And if your friends treat you like shit for liking MLP, then they're really not your friends.
I hate MLP I HATE IT!
but I accept those who like it as long as they don't bothering me with it
I tried to get into MLP for awhile but it wasn't my thing. I am amused that bronies exist, but I wouldn't make fun of one. If it's your thing, it's your thing, right?
Psh bronies are awesome, and so is the show :3 Dashy/Derpy are my faves!
Its a good cartoon.
I find it...a little confusing honestly.

I don't think it's bad or wrong, it's just kind of surprising. Normally when boys are into a 'girls' show there are lots of (human-type) girls involved. My husband has explained several things to me with 'Fanservice'.

Whatever floats your boat. Friendship is magic, yes?

lol really, I haven't seen that show since it was on when I was a kid. My daughter apparently watches it.
I got buds in their 30's who are bronies. Wutevs. I love the ponies myself.