Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 59
:icondisappearing-inkwell:
lately i have been on facebook and getting crap for being a brony... and these few people started to make me wounder, 'how does the rest of the community take to bronies,and what are your views on them?'

and for the haters that are bound to read this... i am Not polluting the forums with pony posts, i am asking a simple question.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'll be honest. When I first heard of the show, I assumed that it was going to be another sexist plastic turd from Barbie's butt ... (Note to self: Write Barbie making company with idea for new line of Barbie Soils Herself dolls).

Anyway, I was w-r-o-n-g WRONG! With a capital G.

For the most part it's a great show. It's not totally perfect, but it really makes an effort.

As to my opinion on Bronies.

I think they're great. I know there are female Bronies (or Pegasisters), but people expect that.

I think it's a sign that times are changing for the better, when so many men feel comfortable saying that they're Bronies. I love listening to the music, reading the fanfiction, looking at the fan art, and watching the fan videos.

I even enjoy laughing at the Clopper wackos. (Check out Pony Confessions Simulator on YouTube, it's hilarious).

I think that MLP, is a shining light in the world of ever badly created children's programming .

I'm not a full on Brony (I don't dress up or go to conventions or anything), but I enjoy the show a whole bunch.
:icondraculeariccy:
DraculeaRiccy Jan 26, 2013  Professional
If something's popular, there are always people who hate it...just look at all these Twilight fans and haters.
I personally don't care if you're a brony as long as you don't spam me with pony stuff or comments why ponies are great and I'm all wrong for not liking them. And I think it's the same with most people.
But there will always be a few who are just here to make you feel bad and insult you. I once got a comment on a deviation telling me that I am a sick f*ck for posting a photo of my leg being cut off. (Yes, I'm into horror make-up and photography) The point is, such people will always try to get you angry, but if you stay nice or ignore them, they will soon be bored.
:iconkrazzulimaii:
Krazzulimaii Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's because we're 'devious'. Anyone who is different from the norm is going to get picked on. It's the nature of most people, especially around teen/young adult age.

Another reason is because people want to gain approval of peers. To do that, they will try to see their peers' side of things, and massively conform to that way of thinking to get approval
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Haters gonna hate, it's simple as that. You can't expect people to like everything you do. I personally love the show and the fanworks, yet I'm a perfectly healthy male adult with a loving girlfriend who is on his way to joining the US Air Force.

Takes all kinds, I suppose.
:iconjemaica:
jemaica Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
being against the norm is good! it breaks down stereotypes and bronies specifically break down gender stereotypes. In a way, bronies are fighting for equality! woo!
although some people are mean to bronies, in my school we had a mlp club and it was really cool! dont let closed minded jerks get you down~
:iconvampirenyan:
VampireNyan Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
i don't mind any fandoms, as long as people don't shove them up in my face.

but anyhow, bronies tend to be not so focused on being so damn macho and afraid of everything pink. so i kinda like them, just don't talk about only ponies. then it starts to get annoying. :D
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Jan 18, 2013   Digital Artist
I find them only slightly less annoying than hipsters. And here's why.
Precisely what you're doing here is what makes them annoying. Instead of liking something, realizing not everyone is going to like it, realizing that some people are going to dislike you, and moving on with your life, you decide to whine about it, wonder why everyone isn't telling you how awesome you are for it, and inadvertently keep trying to be an attention whore like you're doing, which is exactly the kind of thing that started this cycle in the first place.

I like a lot of things that get shit from other people. But I could give a fuck, because I don't care about them. Liking things doesn't make you special. Getting shit for liking things doesn't make you special. Whining about getting shit about liking things doesn't make you special, it just makes you annoying. And that's why I dislike bronies. Because the majority of you think you're special snowflakes for all of it, because you haven't grown up and moved on to the real world of adults who for the most part don't care.
:iconkrazzulimaii:
Krazzulimaii Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think you saw the post from a slightly corrupted angle. If you'll reread, never has the OP mentioned blaring out that he/she is a brony. He/she never mentioned wanting praise for it, but he/she just doesn't want hate from it. OP is wondering why people hate on it.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Jan 25, 2013   Digital Artist
Well, since you took the time to tell me that my opinion is wrong, I guess I'll change it.

Naw, I'm just fucking with you. :D
Add a Comment: