Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 29

To Japanese Learners

:iconaeon88:
aeon88 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Anyone know of any websites or software that can be used to practice writing hiragana with a tablet?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icona-nameless-one:
a-nameless-one Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Nothing good, though you can try "Obenkyo" or "WriteKana".
aeon88 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Thank you. I've realized that simply using a trace sheet in Photoshop works well enough.
:iconfzang:
Fzang Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist
I just write them over and over and over and over on paper. Eventually they stick.

Also, you should attempt to write words and sentences with kana, and not just write the individual kana. It works your brain much harder, and they will eventually come much more "natural" that way, the same way you don't think about how an "a" looks like when you write a word with that letter.
aeon88 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Thanks. I was thinking of doing that last night. I'll try later.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
My husband's been snapping up Japanese-related software left and right, and the only thing I've heard of even similar to this are DS games (he bought Kamken 3, but you need to know a bit to even play it).
He practices on post-it notes, over and over. He says stroke order is very important, but a lot of things that purport to teach you kana don't go over stroke order. He's got his kana down, now, and he's working on kanji (via the same method.)
aeon88 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Thanks. I actually worked it out the same night I posted this thread. I've been opening .pdf trace sheets in Photoshop and simply adding layers then using the brush tool to trace over them.

Your husband may or may not be interested in looking into "Tae Kim's Guide to Learning Japanese."

Cheers.
:iconf-guy:
f-guy Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Back in the day we used to use pen and paper to master hiragana.
Oh, the kids these days.....
aeon88 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I know. Embracing technological progression in a way that ends up being just as effective and everything.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Dat technology man.
:iconoathbinder-3d:
oathbinder-3D Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Nintendo ds game : learn japanese game :))
Add a Comment: