Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

Aspergers/ADD-H wth, are brain transplants possible.

:iconshinymanstudio:
ShinymanStudio Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional General Artist
Ive come to the realization via a friend, who has this that it must be like hell on earth internally.

Is behavioral modification possible ? Having high intelligence but low emotional intelligence seems like a raw deal.

What of intimate relationships ? I see it is often that case that "normal" people will put the relationship on ice, to see if the "abnormal" one *lol* can improve ?

Any advice ?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpink-anthony:
pink-anthony Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
You're looking at things from your own point of view, rather than thinking about what goes on in their heads.
It doesn't mean their lives are terrible. If you don't know what something feels like, how can you miss it?
You're looking at it from the side that if you were to wake up tomorrow with Aspergers, it would make your life difficult, because you feel like you would still have the same level of need for emotional intimacy, just you wouldn't be able to express it. Which isn't the case.

Often, people with autism and Aspergers have no desire to develop emotional attachments and no need to. Their brains are simply wired differently to "normal" people.
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Many with ASD do not view it as a negative but as a difference; they do not want to be 'cured', some may even feel that the world would be a better place if more people thought the way they do. If it was a unanimous 'living hell' this would not be the case.
:iconbeesull:
BeeSull Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Eh, why would you want to change who you are so drastically? No matter who you are, you aren't perfect. Best to just accept yourself and move on with it I say... :-)
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Until genetic modification is advanced enough there will be nothing you can do. Even then, genetic modification might not be applicable since brain structure is also a part of the equation.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
The thing with Aspergers (ADHD is a seperate diagnosis) is that if you know one person with Aspergers.....you know one person. It is a horribly complex diagnosis.

There are ton's of therapies, and some do not work well with others, and what works for one person, does not work for another.

The younger the better most these therapises work, but there is help for adults, and some medications that help some of the people.

And while it is harder for those who are on the Autsim spectrum to maintain relationship, they usually still manage, and some of them do not really miss relationships.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
There is no way a brain transplant could be done. There is no way to connect the brain stem to the spinal cord with it's millions of nerves. The technology doesn't exist yet.
:iconwwwjam:
wwwjam Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Even if it did, the consciousness- thus, the person- is in the brain. Switch brains, switch bodies. Nothing would change except an entire body being unfamiliar with the new motherboard in the skull.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
If you changed brains the other person's memories and consciousness would come with it. There is no way to reboot a brain for a new user.
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
wtf, i brain transplant just because someone is a little different, fuck no!
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
:lmao:

I'm confirmed Aspergers, and I seem to having a nice life.

Instead, I suggest doing the smart thing and sending them off to the wonderful community at Wrong Planet. There many resources and an entire forum can be found to help them.
Add a Comment: