Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Violent thoughts

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
My OCD creates some messed up violent fantasies about the people who abused me in the past. It doesn't help that I actually get pleasure by thinking about this stuff (disintegrating someone with a machine gun, for example). I get these thoughts usually when I'm working, and it's like I fall into a trance that's extremely hard to break out of; I'll just keep running the same violent images through my head over and over. How do I cope with this???

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconidnidveifencetum:
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have OCD too. Yes, I know...it's very horrible. Sometimes I feel like a demon is taking control over my body. The things I've done to distract myself...music seemed to be the most effective. Multi-task. Keep yourself occupied, distract yourself from those thoughts. Don't think about them - avoid them. Think about other things. Good luck on this.
:iconpleasantshadeofgray:
pleasantshadeofgray Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
tried listening to music while working? I use my mp3 player a lot at work I don't think I would be able to get through the day at work without it. I have a manager that I think I would rip his head off half the time if I didn't have the music to listen to.
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I'm a lifeguard. So I can't. :(
:iconfreakylaurent:
FreakyLaurent Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Photographer
Hello google??

Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
[link]

Hope this helps

:/
It does. Thanks!
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
do what Bonnie says. i personal love turning violence into art, makes for some kcik ass stuff
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
More drugs
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think if you canalize that violence through art you will be fine, you can not hide your past or run away from it, but you can use your experiences to create art. Unfortunately, in today's society you just can not get back to them like you would like to

To give you an idea, I am working on a graphic novel about a real case spree killer, well, the victims have the faces of individuals that almost messed up my life. Legally I can not tear them to pieces, but in my work they get stabbed and shot at will.
Thanks for the tip. I don't draw, though.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Welcome!. If you write, canalize that violence through it. I mean, I think about getting back to people in gore movie-like ways, but well...
Add a Comment: