new house with negative energy- suggestions?

Moved into a new house and one of the bedrooms has a lot of negative energy. Its always colder than the rest of the house, I cant sleep for more than an hour in there and when I do try to sleep there I have very odd dreams and wake abruptly.
Ive tried repainting/redecorating to make it more comfortable/ more friendly.
ive bought better curtains and rugs but its still colder thannit should be. (Yes there's a heat vent in this room :) )

Does anyone have any ideas suggestions for clearing up the negative energy/ bad vibes I seem to be getting?

Thanks!
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Burn it down before it burns you down in hellfire. There is no other way.
Feel free to note me if you want :)

I always like to rule out environmental causes first. Have someone check to make sure the outlets are properly grounded, there isn't mold growing in the walls, and the windows etc are sealed.

If that's not the problem:

Heres some kitchen witchcraft for you- this is automatic sympathetic magic. It works purely because of the elements involved.

Cleansing I use:

You need:
Sage*
Salt
Cayenne pepper
One large onion
Two lemons
Broom

Optional:
Holy/Blessed water
'Move it!' powder/liquid**
Eucalyptus branches

*The sage will need to be burned, so it must be dry.

You can buy a 'smudge stick' (bundle of dried sage) at many herbal/new age type stores, or you can make your own. To make one, buy or pick fresh sage and wrap it tightly together until it looks sort of like a cigar, then bind it with string. Leave it to dry for about a week or so, or until it is dry all the way through.

Sage leaves or powder can also be burned in a censor using a charcoal briquette intended for burning incense, or in a small fire.

**Move It powder:
Mix in equal parts (powdered or shredded):
Sage
Rosemary
Dragonsblood
St Johns Wort
Cayenne Pepper
Instant Coffee

Move It Liquid:
Mix powdered ingredients in vodka or rum.
Let sit in a dark cool place for 6 weeks.
Strain.

Notice: do not consume with St Johns Wort and Dragonsblood. Can be made without those ingredients if you want to drink it.

1. Burn the sage and carry it around the room. It should produce lots of very thick gray smoke. Walk around the room several times and make sure the smoke gets in every corner, don't neglect things like the closet.

2. Open the door. Scatter salt and cayenne pepper on the floor. Sweep the floor starting with the side farthest from the door. Sweep all the way out the door, through the house, and out the front door OR sweep out of the room and into a dust pan, then carry outside. If you want to be really through, use the vacuum with a clean bag/etc to finish up the dust, then dump that outside.

3. Cut the lemons in half and place one half in each corner of the room. Leave them till they are shriveled up then replace.

4. Cut the onion in half and put on the window sill, or another convenient surface. Keep the other half in the fridge. When the half in the room shrivels up bury both halves outside.

5. Sprinkle holy/blessed water around the room, reciting a verse/prayer if you feel it is appropriate.

6. Burn or sprinkle Move It powder/liquid around the room. If you have made liquid that you can drink, take a sip as well.

7. Make a line of salt around the room, starting on one side of the door. Make sure it crosses any windows. End it crossing the door way to join itself.

8. Hang eucalyptus branches over doors and windows. Replace when they are dry.

Other things you can also try:

1: Sator Arepo charm:
This is a square of paper on which is written:
SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS

The four words are spelled out no matter which way you read the charm. This is generally a good way to repel evil spirits and protect an area. However it may or may not work for you personally. No harm in putting it up, though.

2: Eggs-
Hanging raw eggs in a net over windows and doors may help to absorb negative energy. Leave them there until they have completely dried up.

3: The Evil Eye-
This is a charm (usually glass) in the shape of an eye that may ward off evil energy. You can make your own out of play dough. Give it power by cupping your hands around it and imagining your eye destroying negative energy with a beam of light.

4: Cactus and other spiky plants-
Anything unpleasant to the touch may ward off negative creatures. Grow them around your room.

5: Beta fish-
Keep a beta in a bowl or tank and care for it well, it may be able to fight off negative creatures.

6: Hot peppers-
Grow or hang hot peppers in your room to run off nasty critters.

7: Bells and chimes-
These can ward off certain types of spirits.

8: Witch Ball-
This is usually made of glass, a circular ornament with a hole in one side. The hole is positioned toward a window or door and filled with hair, pins and needles, etc. The idea is that evil spirits will fly in and get tangled up, and if they can't get out by morning they are history.

9: Gargoyle-
Be careful with this one, since it involves a little more magic. Purchase a model gargoyle (or several). Invite spirits to live inside of them and eat negative creatures.

Gargoyle Spell:
You need:
Gargoyle figure
Incense

In this case the intended use of the gargoyle will allow it to be occupied by a protective spirit. Burn the incense so the smoke boils around the figure. Cup your hands around the figure and imagine a gargoyle spirit coming down and-

MAKE THE RULES:
You welcome this creature into your house with the following rules:
It may eat any negative energy/critters that attempt to get into the house/room/whatever you choose.
If there is no negative energy for it to eat, it may: (insert what you want it to do here, like 'go out and hunt outside the house', ) and in addition you will (offer it incense, etc, something to give it energy).

This is REALLY important, you don't want it snacking on you.

You can also set a time that the contract is up or needs to be renegotiated.

Don't forget to feed your babies at least once a week, every day is best, you can just burn some incense under them.
Buy a space heater. Some rooms are colder than others because of more external walls or the placement of heating pipes in your house inside the walls.
Oh, that's like this one room my brother could never sleep in, because every time he did, he got sick. The first night he slept there, he got sick and moved to the living room. Then he slept there again, and it happened again. He switched rooms and got used to a new room, then tried sleeping in the EEVVIILLL room and he got sick again.
Yeah, I'm sure that helped a lot.
But... do you actually know the temperature of the rest of the house relative to that of the room? Or does it just "feel" colder?
Buy a lava lamp! Lava lamps make everything better :iconimhappyplz:
If it's not the walls, could it be the floor or ceiling that isn't insulated properly?

Other things to check:
- drafty windows
- cold air return vents
- if you sleep with the door closed, try leaving it open (the current heating vent might not be enough for this particular room)

Also, for the case of the nightmares:
- check any and all electrical outlets/switches for proper grounding and sound wiring. High EMFs (electro-magnetic fields) might be causing your overall discomfort in the room.
I hadn't thought about checking electrical at all thanks.
Did you get your home inspected before you purchased it?

My dad does a lot of handyman work, and so I asked him about what you said.

*The cold may well be the result of an issue with the heating / venting system. It could be that the house wasn't balanced properly or that the system is (partially) disconnected. A good HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) technician should be able to puzzle it out for you.

*The nightmares could potentially be a side effect of the cold, but there's a slim chance it could be a side effect of something in the house itself. There was a big to-do a year or so back when it was discovered that some Chinese-made drywall had formaldehyde in it, and a lot of people wound up getting sick off of that. If you're going to the expense of having an HVAC tech come in to look at the vents, you'll also want someone to come in and test the drywall.
Hmm I don't remember hearing about the chinese-made drywall that's interesting. Thanks for thebsuggestions.
A large part of the to-do was, IIRC, from the fact that a lot of the drywall wound up being used in military housing units, meaning that there were a lot of little kids who got sick off of it.

IIRC, I think at least a few cases of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) that took place in some of those housing units are now being re-investigated as a result.

So yeah - if your house is "new" in the sense that it was constructed within the past few years, then you're going to want to get someone in to test the drywall anyway.
Call Mike Holmes so he can Make it Right
...if that doesn't work call a medium :shrug:
Well since obviously it's not a heating problem. I'd recommend sacrificing a virgin in the room afflicted to appease the negative energy. :D
I bet that's expensive- its probly hard to find a virgin these days lol
If the walls are not insulated, if the windows are not energy efficient, if the ceiling is leaking heat, you will always be cold in that room.

You're not having weird dreams because of the room's "energy", that mess is in your head.

There are portable tower heaters you can buy. Some of them rotate on their base, which is neat
The other rooms along that wall are fine - but thanks guys
:laughing: It's probably not insulted properly or you have a problem with the heating system.
Agreed. I suggest shouting obscenities at the walls and furniture at least once a day to make it a properly insulted room.:thumbsup:
:lol: I was tired and had a drink at dinner!
Probably this, yeah.

Heat is, after all, energy.