Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Feeling worried/troubled/stressed/frustrated...

:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
So... I've been working my way towards university. I always try my best in school. Ever since I was small I always dreamed with becoming someone... important ;P and even after I came to United States, California on my 6th grade without knowing anything about this country (seriously! i didn't even knew what "yes" meant xD ) I managed to learn it and now that I'm in my 11th grade, a junior in high school I have been able to join and be part of different programs for Gifted Students, National Honors, taking AP classes, honor classes, ranked as number two in my high school, leader of different clubs and organizations... however, I'm still undecided about what university to go, what major to study, what do I want to be?
Is true that I do have some universities in mind: I'm really interested in some universities in the north of United States; however, a week ago I woke up telling myself "Ok, so I want to go to a university that might be far from here. You want to live indoors... but you have never been in other place other than California and Mexico. You have never been away from your parents more than one day, not even in a sleep over without your parents..." so I decided to check internships available. And that's how my frustration began.
I'm really, really interested in an internship in New York... however, it costs $7,300 dollars without counting the cost of the plane/flight, food, plus any money that could be require for emergency which in total could be $9,000 or so. The internship program does not offers financial aid. My parents annual income is of $12,000 dollars. If I was to go to this internship my parents would have to spend almost %75 of what they earn in a year. I looked up some scholarships and I've been applying for some; however, most of them announce the winners days after the application for the internship is due.
I'm really panicked right now. I feel depress of just thinking that I would not be able to study. If I could go to that internship it would help me in different ways:
1) I would be able to know what living in an university is like
2) I would be able to study and put in practice my learning as if I was in a real job
3) I would get to know more places other than California
4) I would visit a university campus that I'm interested in so that I could decide if wether or not I really see myself studying there.
5) I might even have a clearer mind of what I want to do and where I want to go
And plus, I have my SAT studies to think about. The semesters tests that are coming. My volunteer programs and clubs where I participate. What I want to study. Where I want to go. Homework.... I'm so frustrated!!!
I know that posting things in here might not help me but I just feel I have to tell someone before sinking in my own stress! Sorry if I bothered anyone :(
The only thing that I can wish for the most is to have at least $7,000 dollars!!! I really want to study.... ....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Regarding what you want to study in university, on one hand you have to look into what subjects you like and whether they will be able to give you a secure future So make sure you think about that long and hard for it will decide a the rest of your life literally I am not trying to stress you out I hope you get my point What kind of an internship is this? You could take a sabbatical and save up money?
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
You don't need to get an internship straight out of high school. Go to a local school that you can afford and save up money for the internship. You have until your senior year of college to get an internship. ;)
Thank you! :) But somehow... I think I will like to visit the university where I think I want to attend. I don't want that once I pay for my tuition and be there in the university, feel that that school was not for me >n<
I understand that and advocate visiting a university, but if you can't afford a plane ticket and hotel room for a couple of days, then you always have the option of attending the university (sounds like you have a great shot at scholarships, grants, and federal loans) and if you don't like it, transfer. Usually universities will refund tuition based on by what date you drop out of classes.
hmm... sounds like a good information! I didn't know about the last part... but can you transfer during that year or does that mean that you have to wait another semester/year to transfer to another university/college?
You'd have to wait until the beginning of the next semester to start attending a different school.
Ohhhhh.... k. Thank you for the information!!! I really appreciate it >w<
No problem. I hope you can make it to NYC, I live about a 2 hour's drive away and it can really be a great place.
Thank you very much! And yeah, I will like to go see how that place is :3 maybe I would see you over there, I might not recognize you but I would see you xP Thank you for your advice! :D
Add a Comment: